The strolling, sipping, snacking and snapping somewhat solo trip report!

Hey all! I returned this past Monday from my solo visit to the World. My DH was a peach and didn't mind me leaving him behind with the dogs and the freezing temperatures. He happened to have last week off, so I'm sure his time was spent wisely doing his manly man things, whatever they may be.

The basics of the trip:
When: January 24 - 28, 2013
Where: Pop Century
Who: Mostly just me, Jessica, with some appearances from my dear friend Shalon (wvugeograd) who lives local to WDW. She was a former client of mine before relocating to Florida and we have become such great friends.
Why: Not that there really needs to be a reason to visit WDW, but I was there mainly to increase my picture library. Not that I don't have a lot of pictures, but I needed more. Between the Kingdom Konsultant Blog and our Facebook page, we use a lot of pictures, and sometimes I can never find what I'm looking for. So perfect excuse to visit WDW, right? I thought so!

This trip report will be more photos than words because frankly, I did more snapping than anything. I really only did a few attractions at each park, but it was still a wonderful visit with perfect weather. I couldn't have been happier with the weather. Seriously - mid 70's and sunny every day, and not a drop of rain, how do you beat that?!

I'll really start off the trip report when I get home this evening, but I figured I'd get a head start. Stay tuned...

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Enjoying the report and your pictures!

Thanks so much!

Southwest has wifi now?!?!?!? YAY!!!!!! Love the TR :)

Many of the flights do! You can check ahead on Southwest.com a day or two prior to your flight and see if your plane will be equipped with it!

Loving the trip report Jess! I saw your pictures on Facebook yesterday and had to restrain myself from clicking like on every single one. :DSorry for all the notifications! Your pictures are gorgeous! I did my first solo trip last July and it was way more fun than I thought it would be. I was so worried that I would be lonely but being in WDW and having a camera kept me pretty busy. I can't wait to read more!

Haha like away Ash! Glad you enjoyed them! Solo trips are so much fun. At first they can be a little stressful when you think about them, but then once it sets in that you have no rules and you've got the "world" in your hands, it's go time!

Jessy awesome pics!!! and Lion King!!!!!!!! Be still my heart!!!

Thanks Deb! I think of you every time I see that show. And the Poly. And Pluto. :D

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Those are the ones I have. But nikon. You got really good pictures with them!!

Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for posting the pics.. They are beautiful!! :)

Thank you :)

Beautiful pictures!! Someday I would love to do a solo trip...just sit on a bench and people-watch sounds glorious!

Do it, it's wonderful! I didn't do many rides this trip, but it was okay. I know I'll be back in a few short months with DH to enjoy them. Instead I spent my time noticing the details, which can be just as fun!

AWESOME photos!!! I feel like I'm there.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy them! I'll be updating more later tonight. Busy weekend!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Finally able to continue after a very busy weekend!

After AK, I sadly don't remember what I did. One day I will learn to take notes! Normally I go off of what I have pictures of and that reminds me of what I did, but after I left AK, I don't have any pictures until visiting Epcot that evening. I probably went back to the hotel for a bit and changed or something. Who knows. So we'll continue the report by me going to Epcot.

I went for a ride on Spaceship Earth. That was a walk on, which was nice. The past couple of visits SSE usually has had a wait. Now I will gladly wait to ride, because it is one of my favorites and a must do on every trip, but it's not something I'm used to waiting for (I know, I sound like a brat). After SSE, I headed right toward the Seas. Apparently I changed my mind because I never made it there. Instead I went in to The Land. It was starting to get dark out, so I figured I would have some dinner and then take a ride on Living with the Land. It's one of DH and I's favorite attractions, it's always so relaxing, but I'd never ridden after the sun set, so I was curious to how it would feel different. I had a turkey and monterey jack sandwich from Sunshine Seasons (DH and I love this sandwich). I walked on to LwtL. I enjoyed the ride at night, but it didn't have that same wow factor pulling into the greenhouse as when the sun is shining. But still a nice ride. After LwtL, I started walking toward World Showcase. There were EMH that night, so the plan was to watch Illuminations and then walk the world. I grabbed my spot right before the bridge heading in to Mexico. It was about 7:45 pm. It didn't take long before that area was filled with people. I chatted with a nice couple who were visiting from Pennsylvania. They were very sweet. I planned on taking pictures, but got so involved in the show, I never did. I also never made it past Canada for my World Tour. I decided to head back to Future World and do some shopping at Mouse Gear and then chill out an people watch. A very low key evening spent in Epcot. It was nice.

Hey Canada!

j54_zpsb2aeb811.jpg

SSE looking beautiful in shades of purple, orange and gold:

j55_zpsf37a46ef.jpg

j56_zpsfb5a4896.jpg

j57_zps205db205.jpg

j58_zpsbbe4eceb.jpg

It was about 10:30 now, and EMH was until 11:00, so I called it a night and walked back to my car. Once back at Pop, I filled up my mug, got some more fruit for the morning and fell asleep to the soothing sounds of the background music of the resorts information channel.

j59_zpsbc466036.jpg

j60_zps6b8302c7.jpg

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Saturday, January 26

I had originally planned on visiting DHS this morning, but changed my mind and went to MK at opening so I could visit New Fantasyland and experience Under the Sea before the lines got crazy. I was going to be visiting MK the next day as well, but not until the evening for EMH. That's the great thing about a solo trip, you can change your plans on a whim and no one will be upset!

I parked at T&TC and heading for the ferry. I love the monorail, but the line was quite lengthy and I was on a mission to make the opening show. The ferry had left as I was walking to the dock, so I waited for the next one. I still got there faster than if I'd taken the monorail, but sadly, missed the show. However, I poked my head out one of the windows and the boat, zoomed in my camera as far as I could and watched the opening show as we sailed toward MK. While it wasn't exactly the same as being there, I still got to watch it! We docked, I made it through the gate and bee-lined it to New Fantasyland. Thankfully it was fairly empty (a contrast to my earlier visit two days before). I walked on to Under the Sea. While it was great to walk on, I was sad I moved through the queue so fast. Next time I'll just wave people by me so I can take pictures.

j61_zps5e0b4a38.jpg

j62_zps3e4e5c75.jpg

j63_zps8cc2c6a8.jpg

j64_zps7d9e20f5.jpg

j65_zps3c740fba.jpg

j66_zpsf84fd0cc.jpg

j68_zps5215bef8.jpg

j69_zpscf57644c.jpg

j70_zps1a249792.jpg

j71_zpsf30adb8c.jpg

I liked the ride, it was adorable. I especially loved seeing Scuttle! He was one of my favorites growing up! I do have to admit I think I loved the queue as much as the ride itself!

j73_zpsa8dd0c19.jpg

j75_zps26e68976.jpg

j76_zps4586b075.jpg

j77_zpse620a9c2.jpg

j78_zps53ee8040.jpg

Disney_Belle

Original Poster

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
After strolling through the village and the gift shop a little, I headed over to the entrance area of Be Our Guest to get some pictures. There were about 5 people lined up waiting for the restaurant to open its doors for lunch. I looked at my phone, it was about 10:00 am, and they were opening for lunch at 10:00. I figured what the heck, I'd stay in line. I was curious what it would be to compare lunch to dinner. A CM was passing out menus so everyone could get an idea of what they wanted. I decided on the turkey on a baguette. I took my phone out of my pocket about 5 minutes before the doors opened and I had 6 missed calls. All from my mom. I knew there was going to be some bad news on the other end. She informed me of an accident my cousin had been in with his 4x4 and that he had to be medflighted to Rhode Island Hospital. As this was happening, we were being ushered in to the restaurant. She hung up with me after she told me what happened and assured me it was okay for me to enjoy the rest of my trip (I was ready to fly home, but in reality, there was nothing I could have done). I used the kiosks, ordered my sandwhich and went and picked out a table. I decided to sit in the ballroom again, only this time I sat in the back near the windows to watch the snowfall, which is funny, because I hate snow. Despise it, even, with every fiber of my being. But Disney snow I am okay with. I also noticed that the room off to the right with the music box was open, which I was happy to see. It was closed off during my dinner a couple of nights before. My sandwich came out extremely fast. I literally had just sat down at my table when it arrived. I chatted with my mom again and got some more updates on what was happening with my cousin. After our second phone call I hardly had an appetite. Between worrying about my cousin and hearing the graphic details of what happened (my mom described the entire scene to me as she was with him when the helicopter came to get him), I just wasn't in the mood for my food. But what I did eat of it, it was very good! After I had my lunch, I took some more pictures of the restaurant and was on my way. At this point the line went down the bridge and around the corner toward where Gaston's Tavern is. It was a 45 - 50 minute wait to get in!

More pictures from New Fantasyland:

Inside Gaston's Tavern...

j85_zpsa1d4bc88.jpg

j86_zps8fd1a84f.jpg

j87_zps65a1a2ab.jpg

Inside Bonjour! Village Gifts:

j88_zps59fbe939.jpg

j90_zpscb4fa896.jpg

j89_zpsd8dce3e0.jpg

j83_zps3ec317e3.jpg

j91_zpsdd772df2.jpg

j93_zps452fafe4.jpg

j94_zpsd4c5f179.jpg

j95_zpsd62fbe84.jpg

j96_zpsbab54425.jpg

j97_zps06d9135c.jpg

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
After lunch I made way to Storybook Circus. I was going to hop the train over to Main Street. I really love the new Fantasyland Station. I popped in the store to check outy Big Top Souvenirs (it wasn't open on my last visit).

j108_zps6e0bd213.jpg

j106_zps0a8d9a6d.jpg

j109_zps1a07abef.jpg

j110_zps26278de3.jpg

After roaming the store, I walked outside and saw Pluto. My wonderful-client-turned-dear-friend Deb (@DisneyDebNJ) has a minor Pluto obsession, so this one was for her!

j111_zpsb82c16f2.jpg

j112_zpsae0f2470.jpg

j113_zpsed8f683b.jpg

All aboard!

j115_zps3c01cee2.jpg

I hopped off the train when we got to Main Street. I walked to the upper deck, pulled up a chair and just sat and watched. There are few places in the world that make me as happy as right here. Sitting, watching, listening... it's just the best ever. And as you can see, the Saturday afternoon crowds were making their way in!

j116_zpsee98a81e.jpg

j120_zps5612c770.jpg

J121_zps6dacc503.jpg

After sitting for a few minutes and enjoying the atmosphere, Shalon texted me and said she would be heading to Epcot soon. The plan was to meet her there, so I headed back to T&TC and got the VW and was Epcot bound! I still have to catch up on my editing so I can continue the report. I should have more tonight and tomorrow!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Finally getting a chance to get some more trip report done!

Shalon met me in the parking lot at Epcot and we headed into the park. We walked through Innoventions East and grabbed some FastPasses for Test Track. Our time was 5:20 - 6:20 pm. We started our World Showcase tour in Canada and then into the UK. Mary Poppins was out for meet and greet, and she happens to be my best friend's favorite character, and it also happened to be my best friend's birthday that day. I wanted to get a video of Mary wishing Grace a happy birthday so I could put it up on Facebook for her (I felt bad not being there for her birthday). Shalon and I were the last two in line to meet Mary because she had have a tea break. I got an adorable video of her, and Grace said it made her day.

After our meet with Mary, we went to the France Pavilion. I wanted to check out the updated bakery and get some pictures for a post I'm writing for the Kingdom Konsultant Blog. We decided to grab a bite to eat while we were there. Shalon got a garlic and cheese roll, I went with the creme brulee. It was quite busy inside, but the line moved quickly and I got some pictures of the offerings. Don't they look great?!

J172_zps0c302b6c.jpg

J123_zps418a9fa3.jpg

J122_zpsda2390a3.jpg

J119_zpsfc77d8fa.jpg

j124_zps06c6d134.jpg

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Photobucket decided not to cooperate last night, so I clearly didn't accomplish much of my trip report.

After we had our delicious snacks in France, we headed over to Morocco. I just love the architecture in this pavilion. A few of Shalon's friends were having a bite to eat in Morocco, so we stopped and said hello to them. One of them was Dave (aka @PhotoDave219!). Hey Dave! Nice meeting you! As we were walking toward the back of the pavilion, Aladdin and Jasmine were just done with their meet and greet. I loved that they were holding hands and so wish there weren't so many people around so I could get some better shots of them!

j118_zpsf537c5f6.jpg

We walked through the shops and then sat outside for a bit. We were waiting to see if Aladdin and Jasmine would come back out so we could get some pictures of them without people around. After about 30 minutes I decided to check the My Disney Experience app which said they'd be back out at 3:30. It was about 2:30 at this point so we moved on.

j125_zpsdd08d335.jpg

J126_zps29582123.jpg

J127_zpsab513277.jpg

J128_zps4f8463a3.jpg

J129_zps2ac2dcd9.jpg

J130_zps4a772fcf.jpg

J131_zps2006758b.jpg

J132_zpsd699b627.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom