Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

I was happy when I saw our room number. Though it was not the same room we had for our anniversary, it was on the MK-facing side.

A few differences since our last visit.

The welcome chocolate is now in a plastic container.

IMG_1033.jpeg

Extra toiletries - shaving kit, two dental kits and two shower caps in addition to soap, mouthwash and lotion. No aloe though, @wdisney9000.

IMG_1037.jpeg

Two robes in the closet. Which we won’t use.

IMG_1051.jpeg

The view was worth the delay in our room being ready!

IMG_1032.jpeg

Fireworks view from our balcony? Yes, please!

IMG_1042.jpeg

Bedtime soon followed. It had been a long day.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Monday, August 28

Our view was great in the morning too, @lindawdw. So fun to watch the monorails glide in and out of the Contemporary!

IMG_1054.jpeg

But wait….what is this alien marking on our sliding glass door??!

IMG_1058.jpeg

(Don’t worry, we made it through the week without any paranormal activity!)

The impending arrival of Hurricane Idalia and subsequent rains caused us to readjust our schedule for the week. We went into “go with the flow” mode. Thus when we saw the sunshine streaming through the windows on our way to breakfast, our planned park day became an unplanned pool day.

IMG_1059.jpeg

The breakfast spread in the club lounge varies a little each day. Cold cereal, hot oatmeal, breads, pastries and mini muffins are constant.

IMG_1064.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

The fruit/yogurt selection varies. Today was muesli.

IMG_1061.jpeg

The hot egg dish is different each morning….ham and cheese, sautéed veggies, egg white scramble and plain eggs with cheese are among the rotation.

IMG_1062.jpeg

Breakfast sides alternate between sausage and bacon, potatoes and pancakes. No Mickey waffles. :cry:

Regular coffee and espresso, three juices and hot tea are offered at breakfast. A nearby cooler is stocked with milk, Gatorade and soft drinks.

Woody and I chose a table that overlooked the feature pool and Bay Lake to eat (that’s my water bottle on the table above.) The weather looked promising!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
There was no question what we would have for lunch.

Woody wasn’t even given an option. I simply told him what we were having to eat.

When pool server Bella swung by and attempted to hand us a menu, I smiled and said, “Two steak sandwiches please!”

“Great choice!” she replied.

I asked for mine with light onions this time.

Bella marked the box for me.

IMG_1076.jpeg

She also drew on the supplies box and brought us cups of water, along with Coke in paper cups so we wouldn’t have to leave the pool area to refill our mugs.

IMG_1075.jpeg

Thoughtful Bella received a generous tip!

My sandwich B.C. (before cheese)

IMG_1077.jpeg

And A.C. (after cheese)

IMG_1078.jpeg

Woody agreed that the sandwich was everything I’d raved about. He especially liked the taste of the marinated steak.

We spent the rest of the afternoon reading and cooling off in the water. The pool never got any more crowded than this picture which I took at 3 pm.

IMG_1079.jpeg

We truly had the place to ourselves!

fractal

There was no question what we would have for lunch.

Woody wasn’t even given an option. I simply told him what we were having to eat.

When pool server Bella swung by and attempted to hand us a menu, I smiled and said, “Two steak sandwiches please!”

“Great choice!” she replied.

I asked for mine with light onions this time.

Bella marked the box for me.

View attachment 741001

She also drew on the supplies box and brought us cups of water, along with Coke in paper cups so we wouldn’t have to leave the pool area to refill our mugs.

View attachment 741000

Thoughtful Bella received a generous tip!

My sandwich B.C. (before cheese)

View attachment 741002

And A.C. (after cheese)

View attachment 741003

Woody agreed that the sandwich was everything I’d raved about. He especially liked the taste of the marinated steak.

We spent the rest of the afternoon reading and cooling off in the water. The pool never got any more crowded than this picture which I took at 3 pm.

View attachment 741004

We truly had the place to ourselves!

giphy.gif

Status.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I booked us a same-day reservation for dinner. It wasn’t until later so Woody and I were able to take advantage of the evening Hors D’oeuvres service.

A Cast Member assists with the pouring of beer on tap and wine. This is a change from June. Guests used to be able to pour their own.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I had a glass of moscato. Woody opted for pinot noir. We nibbled on cheese & crackers and tomato salad.

IMG_1080.jpeg

It was a refined start to our evening. 😉

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I booked us a same-day reservation for dinner. It wasn’t until later so Woody and I were able to take advantage of the evening Hors D’oeuvres service.

A Cast Member assists with the pouring of beer on tap and wine. This is a change from June. Guests used to be able to pour their own.
Long time ago, I stayed up there for a few nights. (I recall seeing some guests sort of "stock up" on their drinks, and then bring them back to their guestrooms.)

So, I'm curious about your observations -- do you think it might be a cost-saving measure, versus the previous "help yourself" method? (Also, wondering if alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the lounge area only, now.) Another thought I had was maybe they've had some issues with (some) guests drinking too much, and being disruptive; so having a CM visible, might deter some of that.

amjt660

Long time ago, I stayed up there for a few nights. (I recall seeing some guests sort of "stock up" on their drinks, and then bring them back to their guestrooms.)

So, I'm curious about your observations -- do you think it might be a cost-saving measure, versus the previous "help yourself" method? (Also, wondering if alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the lounge area only, now.) Another thought I had was maybe they've had some issues with (some) guests drinking too much, and being disruptive; so having a CM visible, might deter some of that.
or perhaps......

Rachel Brosnahan Prime Video GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Max

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 741142

I had a glass of moscato. Woody opted for pinot noir. We nibbled on cheese & crackers and tomato salad.

View attachment 741140

It was a refined start to our evening. 😉

I think I know why the cast member has to pour...those wine glasses are only filled halfway! Hahah! If I pour I pour to the top! (I do know that a proper pour is only about halfway for the wine to breathe and all that...)

Tuvalu

Original Poster

Cost-cutting is always a good first assumption when Disney makes a change.

One or two CMs are in the food/beverage area at all times as monitors, not just for alcohol but for food replenishing.

There is a sign that there is a two-drink per ID limit, but that is for two drinks at one time. So Woody could get a glass of wine for himself and one for me (and could go back later and do the same.)

We have taken alcohol out of the lounge and have seen others do the same. One woman asked for a glass of white wine in a plastic cup to take with her on the bus first thing in the morning! (The alcohol is not put out until 5pm but you can request beer/wine at any time and a CM will go to the kitchen and get it for you.)

I think I know why the cast member has to pour...those wine glasses are only filled halfway! Hahah! If I pour I pour to the top! (I do know that a proper pour is only about halfway for the wine to breathe and all that...)
Those wine glasses are big, LOL! And they are etched with a star to show where the “pour stop” should be (as it is in many restaurants.) The CMs who poured for us always poured above the etching - no complaints from us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom