Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

93boomer

Premium Member
Sunday, con’t

I stealthily took a few quick pictures. I knew from prior ride breakdowns that Disney does not allow behind-the-scenes photos.

View attachment 739831

Wait a minute. Is that what I think it is?

View attachment 739830

I do believe that is the DONALD chair in a new location!

View attachment 739832

Which makes sense, since the Hatbox Ghost will occupy its former home. We’re so glad the chair was relocated and not removed.

Although it is more difficult to discern Donald in the darkness of the library.

Several more minutes passed and announcement was finally made. “We apologize for the delay. Please remain seated and you will be assisted shortly.”

An evac? Yeah, baby!!

Four or five CMs passed by, going further into the attraction. I’m not sure how far they went (Madame Leota room? Attic? Graveyard?) but we had to wait a LONG time before we saw them again.

View attachment 739833

Eventually a CM appeared leading a line of guests toward us. We thought they might go out the EXIT near us (note the sign) but they continued past us. Two other CMs were helping guests out of each doom buggy ahead of us - then each “freed” guest joined the line.

View attachment 739834

Woody and I had been trapped in our doom buggy for thirty minutes before it was our turn to join the line. We walked back towards the load zone and turned left before the stretching room(s). A short hallway led to the outdoor exit. Two CMs were scanning guest MagicBands/cards. Each of us was given a “recovery” Lightning Lane for our inconvenience.

View attachment 739835

Well Woody and I couldn’t leave the park now without utilizing our LL!
Happy So Cool GIF by Lillee Jean

riverside

Pre-pandemic The Plaza was a family fave. Cuts, changes and price increases made it fall out of favor. A few items on the new menu interested me and when I saw there was availability Woody said, “Why not?”
That menu is a definite improvement!! In looking at it I realized that I would have a hard time deciding what to get!!

A HM evacuation would be a so super exciting!! What a cool experience that had to be for you!!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Glad you are able to enjoy the park today.

Crystal and I were nervous with Brayden at FSU. Seems like Maddy is getting hit harder in Columbia than he did in Tallahassee. Looks like WDW caught a break as well based on the mid-morning picture on Main Street!!!
Weather took a turn for the worse mid-afternoon but then peeks of sunshine late evening.

Hope both your kids managed ok during the (what I assume is their first) hurricane!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

After leaving Haunted Mansion, I checked the app to see where we couldn’t use our recovery LL.

The list was astonishing.

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

We understood the exclusion of TRON (not pictured) and 7DMT - those are paid VQ/ILL and not regular LL offerings.

But the others?

“We were stuck on Haunted Mansion, a major attraction, for a long time and we can’t exchange our LL for another major attraction like Jungle Cruise or Space Mountain?” Woody said incredulously.

Pirates was down and we didn’t feel like making the walk to Big Thunder Mtn. So we picked a nearby Fantasyland attraction.

IMG_1023.jpeg

Recovery Pooh? 😉

Glad to see the smoke effect working again.

IMG_1025.jpeg

We then headed out of the park.

I dub these “Autumn in August.”

IMG_1026.jpeg

IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom