Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Songbird76

We thought we’d try (for the 3rd time this trip) to take a ride on the MPB.

As we were walking down the ramp from TRON, we heard the train whistle as it passed underneath.

Missed it again. :cry:

It had become surface of the sun hot. Nobody around us looked happy or appeared to be having fun. Wait times were outrageous. Those who claim the parks are “empty” this month clearly have not been here.

Pool condo here we come!

Notice I did not say “pool.” Both of us agreed we’d rather hang out in a/c than swim in tepid water. Besides it is our last day to enjoy our accommodations!

Later we put our name on the walk-up list for Whispering Canyon. We were called immediately.

View attachment 731836

We had the BEST time!

An adjacent table had just received the ketchup they requested.

“That’s one bottle per fry,” server Akira (aka “Sweet and Sour”) told the girl in the pic.

View attachment 731837

Sweet and Sour Akira was also our server. Warm, personable and hilarious. I gave her my phone and asked her if she could take a picture of Em and me with our pulled pork nachos.

This was the result -

View attachment 731838

View attachment 731839

“Hey the guy behind y’all is trying to photobomb!”

View attachment 731840

Then the others joined in.

View attachment 731841

We laughed as other servers joined in the shenanigans.

The nachos (@Loco_driver) were as awesome as always and we finished with the lava cake….

View attachment 731842

…which we couldn’t quite finish.
So much fun! I love the shenanigans at Whispering Canyon.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The pool was the most crowded we experienced all week. Guessing folks didn’t want to spend an 102 degree day in the parks!

Em and I stayed hydrated and when not in the water, we were under the shade of an umbrella.

Around 2:30 pm a lifeguard blew the whistle and announced “due to weather conditions the pool is now closed and you must leave immediately.” The sun was brightly shining. There had been no rumbling of thunder.

The perplexed facial expressions on those around us were funny. But this wasn’t our first closure rodeo - we simply packed up and left.

But we were now homeless….

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
The pool was the most crowded we experienced all week. Guessing folks didn’t want to spend an 102 degree day in the parks!

Em and I stayed hydrated and when not in the water, we were under the shade of an umbrella.

Around 2:30 pm a lifeguard blew the whistle and announced “due to weather conditions the pool is now closed and you must leave immediately.” The sun was brightly shining. There had been no rumbling of thunder.

The perplexed facial expressions on those around us were funny. But this wasn’t our first closure rodeo - we simply packed up and left.

But we were now homeless….
You should have come visit me. The boys decided on one last swim before the drive back to NY. Then they decided to use my shower and ALL my towels. 😂(thanks goodness for the upgrade!)
You and Em could have done the same. But with pool towels.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

Em and I were only homeless for an hour. At 3:30 pm our room at a different resort was ready.

You may recall the “Bonus Day” Em and I had on our last trip together (six nights at Poly with bonus night at WL). Today was similar in that both bonus days were spent lounging at the WL pool. But it was different because another day of lounging at WL pool was not the reason for an additional night’s stay.

On June 30, Disney announced the return of Bounceback offers for 2024 with bookings beginning on July 5. The offer is good for up to 35% (deluxe) 30% (moderate) 25% (value) off a future stay on select dates next year. Those dates include Easter week (Em’s spring break) which is rarely discounted.

I’d read that guests staying on DVC points (rented or owned) are not eligible to book a bounce back. So I immediately searched for an inexpensive room for tonight and got a great AP rate at Coronado Springs. The rate applied to rooms in the Casitas, Cabanas and Ranchos (but not the tower).

I have previously stayed in Casitas and Cabanas, so I was happy to get Ranchos.

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0859.jpeg

The room is well appointed with a subtle touch of Disney. Barn doors provide privacy for the sink/bathroom area. (Goodbye curtain!)

IMG_0850.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

Note the reflection of the closet in the mirror.

IMG_0855.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

Shower has the old product dispensers.

IMG_0854.jpeg

After accounting for tonight’s rate, we saved nearly $600 for our spring break 2024 trip thanks to the bounce back!

93boomer

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom