Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The time had arrived for our TRON boarding group. Back to Tomorrowland we walked, as the temperature approached triple digits.

Em said there should be a sign at the entrance that warns guests that waiting in the VQ could take up to an hour. We’ve waited as little as 20 minutes, but more often than not the wait averages 45-50 minutes. First time guests have no idea how long they will be standing in line.

Today ten minutes was outside in the brutal heat. Entering the building was heavenly.

We were glad the reveal preshow was operating normally, unlike our last visit. However we tire quickly of the “instruction area” (for lack of a better term) which is where the bulk of the wait takes place. This person/AI is creepy and ends her spiel with “Who are you?”

IMG_0828.jpeg

Today we heard her say it four times. Which means we heard the entire instruction spiel four times.

We were very close to the load area when the ride went down and we were “temporarily delayed”. Saw the maintenance guy - never a good sign.

The cast member’s repeated announcement of “your wait will be longer than originally suggested,” had to be the dumbest announcement ever.

Originally suggested ?? What does that even mean?

We were just thankful we were not waiting in the outdoor queue. Or in the area with creepy AI.

60+ minutes after entering the VQ.

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

Bear in mind the excitement on our faces was the moment before we were propelled into an oven.

Those seconds before reentering the building were awful! 🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We thought we’d try (for the 3rd time this trip) to take a ride on the MPB.

As we were walking down the ramp from TRON, we heard the train whistle as it passed underneath.

Missed it again. :cry:

It had become surface of the sun hot. Nobody around us looked happy or appeared to be having fun. Wait times were outrageous. Those who claim the parks are “empty” this month clearly have not been here.

Pool condo here we come!

Notice I did not say “pool.” Both of us agreed we’d rather hang out in a/c than swim in tepid water. Besides it is our last day to enjoy our accommodations!

Later we put our name on the walk-up list for Whispering Canyon. We were called immediately.

IMG_0834.jpeg

We had the BEST time!

An adjacent table had just received the ketchup they requested.

“That’s one bottle per fry,” server Akira (aka “Sweet and Sour”) told the girl in the pic.

IMG_0836.jpeg

Sweet and Sour Akira was also our server. Warm, personable and hilarious. I gave her my phone and asked her if she could take a picture of Em and me with our pulled pork nachos.

This was the result -

IMG_0837.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

“Hey the guy behind y’all is trying to photobomb!”

IMG_0840.jpeg

Then the others joined in.

IMG_0843.jpeg

We laughed as other servers joined in the shenanigans.

The nachos (@Loco_driver) were as awesome as always and we finished with the lava cake….

IMG_0844.jpeg

…which we couldn’t quite finish.

93boomer

Premium Member
We thought we’d try (for the 3rd time this trip) to take a ride on the MPB.

As we were walking down the ramp from TRON, we heard the train whistle as it passed underneath.

Missed it again. :cry:

It had become surface of the sun hot. Nobody around us looked happy or appeared to be having fun. Wait times were outrageous. Those who claim the parks are “empty” this month clearly have not been here.

Pool condo here we come!

Notice I did not say “pool.” Both of us agreed we’d rather hang out in a/c than swim in tepid water. Besides it is our last day to enjoy our accommodations!

Later we put our name on the walk-up list for Whispering Canyon. We were called immediately.

View attachment 731836

We had the BEST time!

An adjacent table had just received the ketchup they requested.

“That’s one bottle per fry,” server Akira (aka “Sweet and Sour”) told the girl in the pic.

View attachment 731837

Sweet and Sour Akira was also our server. Warm, personable and hilarious. I gave her my phone and asked her if she could take a picture of Em and me with our pulled pork nachos.

This was the result -

View attachment 731838

View attachment 731839

“Hey the guy behind y’all is trying to photobomb!”

View attachment 731840

Then the others joined in.

View attachment 731841

We laughed as other servers joined in the shenanigans.

The nachos (@Loco_driver) were as awesome as always and we finished with the lava cake….

View attachment 731842

…which we couldn’t quite finish.
Such a fun CM!! Yum the dessert!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom