Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

93boomer

Premium Member
Saturday, con’t

Our walk around Coronado Springs culminated at the restaurant we’d booked earlier for dinner.

View attachment 733151

We were glad we made an ADR, as walk-ups were given a wait time of two hours until they could be seated. It was the last night of a Girl Scouts convention and the resort was full of them. (Side note - I much preferred the Girl Scouts over the cheerleaders in April.)

A musician provided a relaxing soundtrack that added to the Southwestern ambiance.

View attachment 733152

It was our first time dining here. The left side of the menu explains the backstory.

View attachment 733153

Temporary Shirley Status. Two large groups of conventioneers had just vacated the tables around us.

View attachment 733156

The menu offerings are similar to that of La Hacienda in Epcot (@lindawdw) and include the $35 dark chocolate dessert taco. Restaurant ownership is likely the same.

We started with the chips and salsa trio (salsa roja, smokey chipotle, avocado verde) - all house made. We added a side of freshly prepared guacamole. It was a pricey app ($16) but was yummy and easily served 2-4. Em also enjoyed a margarita.

View attachment 733154

We knew the chips would be filling and decided to share an entrée. Our server commended our decision, adding that there would be more than enough food for two. We chose chicken fajitas ($29), which came with cilantro rice, black beans, street corn and six tortillas (plus garnishes.)

View attachment 733155

Everything was delicious. We made a decent dent but could not finish it all.

And because we hadn’t yet had our fill of lava cakes this trip :hilarious: we ordered another - topped with dulce de leche ice cream.

View attachment 733157

This would have been fantastic had the cake been warmed. The “lava” was a semi-soft chunk of fudge in the center, not liquified. We also could not detect the “sprinkle of cinnamon” promised in the description.

Didn’t prevent us from cleaning the plate though. :joyfull:

We waddled back to our room and stayed there for the duration. We needed to rise early for the drive home.

Final thoughts to come.
I wondered how the food at that restaurant would be. When we stayed there during Covid, it wasn’t open.
Put it on my list! How was the margarita @TrolleyFollower91 ? You know I value your opinion on margaritas! 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom