Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Songbird76

I am going to pull a trick from @wdisney9000 play book

Last night we got stuck at MK entrance in the most torrential downpour. We are thirteen people with two scooters and 2.5 brains between us. My son and myself brought our ponchos. One of the other moms brought her families but she had them and ran ahead to the contemporary because we had a reservation at chef mickeys. We had a plan and it was a good one but the rain came and we scattered like cockroaches when someone turns on the lights. Most notably, I sent the two scooter people to the monorail but my friends special needs son decided to go with them. They got on the wrong monorail. Then the wrong one again. Then they got on the right one but the kid was still on the platform. I called Ant “do you have N?” Ant said “i can see him”
Me: “can you touch him???”
Ant: no, he is on the tram platform
Me: are you doing on the tram???
Ant : the monorail
Me: get those doors open NOW!!

It all worked out. We were only an hour late to dinner. Chef Mickeys was wonderful. Learned the bartender at the outer rim(didnt get his name) makes the BEST cosmos and the bartender mixing drinks for Chef Mickey makes the WORST.
And we only lost one bag with all the boys wet shirts in them.
Oh yeah…
And I saw Tu and Em and told them stories that would curl your hair.
🥰
Oh no!! How old was the kid? Was he terrified? I can only imagine how my son would be panicking in that situation, and he's already 15! I hope he's not too traumatized!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I really do want to try the black cherry one...but I just happened to think, you're actually staying at WL, right? Does one have to be a guest at WL to access the bar? It's a poolside bar, isn't it?
Some places allow you to order a single drink in a flight (larger size instead of tasting size) so it won’t hurt to ask if you can have just the black cherry margarita.

Geyser Point is a stand-alone bar and grill outside both pools and is accessible by anyone (you don’t need to be a WL guest). Take the boat from MK to WL and walk the boardwalk past the first pool and you will see GP.

Songbird76

Some places allow you to order a single drink in a flight (larger size instead of tasting size) so it won’t hurt to ask if you can have just the black cherry margarita.

Geyser Point is a stand-alone bar and grill outside both pools and is accessible by anyone (you don’t need to be a WL guest). Take the boat from MK to WL and walk the boardwalk past the first pool and you will see GP.
Thank you!! You have much knowledge. I shall form a cult around you. Build a statue, many stories high.

lindawdw

So happy that you found the Crocs that you were looking for! Your meal from Mama Melrose looks yummy but it's too bad that the guests near you were less than magical sounding. That was very sweet of Em to alert Guest Services about the experiences and how well the CM's handled the situation. I'm sure they appreciate the positive CM feedback amongst all the complaints they receive daily. Great move on heading back to WL before the rain cancellation of Fantasmic. We saw the show in May and thought it was fantastic!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

A later arrival than we planned. Turns out “two of our big boats are out of commission” (which I interpret as a staff shortage) and the WL to MK route was only using the little boat, meaning fewer guests on board.

I blame myself for choosing boat. Em was prepared to take the bus.

IMG_0810.jpeg

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Enjoy the sunshine! Torrential downpours back home here.
Yesterday late afternoon/early evening was horrible. Was coming back from the Braves game and around the 285/85 junction was one of the darkest clouds I’d ever seen. 30 seconds later, zero visibility rain all the way to the Mall of Georgia/Buford exit! Wind and lightning were insane too.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Once back on land we went to the Fantasyland station for a grand circle tour on the MPB.

A train was just leaving the station. No big deal. Trains run every 7 minutes, right?

They do when more than one train is running. The CM at the entrance warned us there was only one train running (why? :mad:) and it would be at least 20 minutes before it returned.

Heat today is sticky hot. Em opened the app and saw Space Mountain was only 35 minutes. Indoors. With a/c.

It’s only a short walk on the walking path. Sign still posted 35 when we entered the building.

Sign lied.

We waited 50 minutes. At least we were cool. And we got the “updated” ride photo.

IMG_0825.jpeg

Which Em nailed, of course.

lindawdw

Yikes, I hope the bigger boat is running in January when we are at WL because it's chilly and night that time of year and I'm not into waiting for transportation especially when we usually stay at a MK resort which we can walk to MK. :oops: You certainly got a lot done today so I'm guessing the crowd levels are still pretty low even with the 50 minute SM wait. AC is always welcome this time of year for sure!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yikes, I hope the bigger boat is running in January when we are at WL because it's chilly and night that time of year and I'm not into waiting for transportation especially when we usually stay at a MK resort which we can walk to MK. :oops: You certainly got a lot done today so I'm guessing the crowd levels are still pretty low even with the 50 minute SM wait. AC is always welcome this time of year for sure!
The bigger boat wasn’t running this morning but it has been all week, alternating with little boat. Think it was extenuating circumstances today.

The bus is always an option when it’s cold (or hot!) The gate is the closest one to the MK entrance and the ride to WL is less than 5 minutes.

IMG_0830.jpeg

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

The CM at the entrance warned us there was only one train running (why? :mad:) and it would be at least 20 minutes before it returned.
This is how it was when we were there in May too. And we were not warned 😒 Also sad they're only running small boats from WL! I was hoping to boat while we're there. Probably still will, but I'll count on it taking longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom