Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

sheriffwoody

What happened in the second half of that book? 🫣

And the author missed an opportunity to name the protagonist “Summer.” :cautious:
Honestly I was BOREDDDDDDD until things shifted to more of a whodunnit :hilarious: It got a little wild. But I've figured out that I just do not like to read about social media. I read to get away from social media, so books about influencers are bleh. Also HA, I didn't even think of that. I didn't care for the book, but I didn't want to say that when you were still reading it

TrolleyFollower91

Honestly I was BOREDDDDDDD until things shifted to more of a whodunnit :hilarious: It got a little wild. But I've figured out that I just do not like to read about social media. I read to get away from social media, so books about influencers are bleh. Also HA, I didn't even think of that. I didn't care for the book, but I didn't want to say that when you were still reading it
It did drag at times! Definitely not my favorite, probably 2.5 stars.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We came to MK for three reasons.

#1 was most important.

IMG_0784.jpeg

I’ll bet @Loco_driver knows why.

IMG_0786.jpeg

Em had sacrificed a No Way José for the All American Sundae.

IMG_0787.jpeg

She thoroughly enjoyed it and said the new method of using a cup for the sundae made it easier to eat and way less messy than when it was served in a fluted container.

Reason #2 was a bust. The Emporium did not have what I was looking for.

Reason #3 was also a bust. We wanted to take the Grand Circle Tour on the MPB. But apparently “lightning in the area” (it hadn’t rained and was sunny) had “temporarily closed” the train and all other outdoor attractions. (The Castle stage show was even halted mid-performance.)

We looked around for @coachwnh and his family but no luck in spotting them. Another bust!

lindawdw

Good move on the bus choice! I love getting the kid's cone at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor because they serve it with the thin mint wafer as Mickey ears! Hope you get to do something fun while at MK tonight!

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
We came to MK for three reasons.

#1 was most important.

View attachment 731428

I’ll bet @Loco_driver knows why.

View attachment 731427

Em had sacrificed a No Way José for the All American Sundae.

View attachment 731429

She thoroughly enjoyed it and said the new method of using a cup for the sundae made it easier to eat and way less messy than when it was served in a fluted container.

Reason #2 was a bust. The Emporium did not have what I was looking for.

Reason #3 was also a bust. We wanted to take the Grand Circle Tour on the MPB. But apparently “lightning in the area” (it hadn’t rained and was sunny) had “temporarily closed” the train and all other outdoor attractions. (The Castle stage show was even halted mid-performance.)

We looked around for @coachwnh and his family but no luck in spotting them. Another bust!
We just walked down Main Street to the bus stop. We will be back around 8 tonight.

wdwfamilynh

Thursday, July 20

You couldn’t pay me enough to do the job these guys are doing!

View attachment 731334
(Though I do appreciate a clean roof!)

Late night means lazy morning.

Can’t think of a better place to spend it.

View attachment 731335

View attachment 731336

Lunch from Roaring Fork. Cheeseburger and chicken tenders.

View attachment 731365

Livin’ the dream.

View attachment 731366
I could use some quiet pool time like that ❤️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con’t

The item I’d looked for in the Emporium I found here -

IMG_0788.jpeg

Before I do the reveal I will preface by saying I never thought I’d own one pair, let alone two. Always considered them hideous.

But after owning pair #1 for almost a year I can understand what all the hype is about.

And they are great support for sufferers of plantar fasciitis.

So if I’m gonna wear them they may as well be cute ones.

IMG_0798.jpeg

Every time I look at my feet those Mickey heads will make me smile!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
But the Crocs were not the reason for the park hop. (They were a bonus.)

Em was due for her favorite margarita.

IMG_0792.jpeg

And I was due for my favorite rolls!

IMG_0793.jpeg

The NY strip and four cheese macaroni did not disappoint. Neither did the Margherita flatbread.

IMG_0794.jpeg

The disappointment was with the rude and demanding party seated next to us. They treated four servers and two managers with utter contempt. Their behavior sickened Em so much that after we finished we went straight to Guest Relations.

Em wanted to give cast compliments to all the staff that had to contend with that table. Each CM had been nothing but patient, kind and accommodating to the party. None of them deserved to be berated.

The CM at Guest Relations was so appreciative of our feedback that she was going to reach out to Mama’s immediately.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I have not seen Fantasmic in years.

We decided to catch a performance this trip to see the updates.

We wanted to attend on a night with little chance of rain. The forecast looked good tonight and I kept checking the radar for updates once we were in the park.

We had some time to kill before going to the amphitheater. It was still toasty outside so we opted for ten minutes of a/c.

IMG_0795.jpeg

IMG_0796.jpeg

The cartoon made us both laugh.

This was the sky when we exited.

IMG_0800.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Em and I have not seen Fantasmic in years.

We decided to catch a performance this trip to see the updates.

We wanted to attend on a night with little chance of rain. The forecast looked good tonight and I kept checking the radar for updates once we were in the park.

We had some time to kill before going to the amphitheater. It was still toasty outside so we opted for ten minutes of a/c.

View attachment 731501

View attachment 731502

The cartoon made us both laugh.

This was the sky when we exited.

View attachment 731503
I see Mickey in those clouds.

And I haven’t had a drink yet.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lots of blue sky.

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

I thought Pocahontas was no longer featured in the show?

IMG_0803.jpeg

As we made the long walk towards the theater we thought we heard a couple rumbles of thunder. But they weren’t loud and we considered the noise might have been a rolling trash cart.

Before being seated we popped into the restroom. When we popped out, there was an announcement: Due to weather in the vicinity you must leave your seats and take shelter immediately!

A little extreme perhaps, but Em and I were glad we hadn’t entered the theater and were now ahead of all the evacuees heading for the exit. (The queue was dumped as well as the theater.) Guests were lined up all along Sunset waiting to re-enter as the show was merely “delayed.”

Em and I didn’t wait around. We continued walking to the front of the park and exited the gate. We were the last two people allowed on the full WL/CR bus.

We were in our room when we received this notification -

IMG_0804.jpeg

While sad that we’d missed seeing the show, we’re glad we left when we did.

Songbird76

If you don’t like pineapple juice, you won’t like the spicy pineapple margarita. The cucumber melon reminded me of a pickled cucumber- just not what I want with my tequila. The waiter said this flight is really hit or miss with people. I’m not sure you can just get one, but at $22 it’s not significantly more than just one margarita to be able to sample different types.

Songbird76

If you don’t like pineapple juice, you won’t like the spicy pineapple margarita. The cucumber melon reminded me of a pickled cucumber- just not what I want with my tequila. The waiter said this flight is really hit or miss with people. I’m not sure you can just get one, but at $22 it’s not significantly more than just one margarita to be able to sample different types.
Thank you! I really do want to try the black cherry one...but I just happened to think, you're actually staying at WL, right? Does one have to be a guest at WL to access the bar? It's a poolside bar, isn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom