The Splash Mountain Appreciation Thread

Big Thunder 25

One of the things I've seen the Splash critics bring up a lot is the Walt Disney quote: “Disneyland is something that will never be finished,” but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t take a consistent smash-hit, crowd-pleaser for the past three decades like Splash Mountain and say, “Hey, guys, I know this is a masterpiece and people absolutely love it, but what the hey, let’s gut it.”

Here are some other Walt Disney quotes which make me believe he would not be in favor of this change:

“You can’t live on things made for children – or for critics. I’ve never made films for either of them.”

“We are not trying to entertain the critics. I’ll take my chances with the public.”

“I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.”

“Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.”

“That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don’t remember what it’s like to be twelve years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. I won’t do that. I’ll temper a story, yes. But I won’t play down, and I won’t patronize.”
Oh Walt why can't the protesters be more like you.

Big Thunder 25

Advertisement
Just for fun, some dialogue out of Song of the South:

Johnny: I wish I had a Laughing Place.
Ginny: Me, too.
Uncle Remus: What makes you think you ain't? Course you got a Laughing Place.
Johnny: Really, Uncle Remus?
Ginny: Really?
Uncle Remus: Everybody's got one. The trouble is, most folks won't take time to go look for it.
Johnny, Ginny: Where's mine?
Uncle Remus: Well, now, that I can't exactly say. 'Cause where 'tis for one mightn't be where 'tis for another.
That pretty much explains the current situation in a nutshell. Leave my laughing place alone Disney.

Big Thunder 25

I’m selling my shares. I was strongly thinking about it before this announcement due to a couple tough years ahead and them cutting their dividend. But this sealed the deal. I can’t stomach the direction the company is heading. Between ESPN, destroying Star Wars (thanks Kathleen Kennedy), The price gouging at the parks and resorts, the destruction of fan favorites to appease the 0.01%, I’m out.

Maybe I’ll buy back into the company when they have leadership that actually shows a spine.... but I doubt it.
I'd say something worth while but how do you top that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom