The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

SirLink

Not surprising considering the negativity that wafts out of places like this.

However, I am sure there are people of influence that will see the wisdom of investing in the parks at WDW and will make it happen.

Probably ... maybe ... might, but they don't currently reside in the higher rungs of TWDC management.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I wonder..................

oddball-3.jpg

WDWFanDave

Looks like I didn't miss much of the webcast...I did leave before it was done, but not before:

Pin Trading Guy...I think he's the one...wants to know when they're going to roll out My Magic Plus and My Disney Experience to Disneyland. The way his voice sounded...well, I think it was almost jealousy.

Here's what I propose...when they send the MSEP back, package up the whole NextGen ball of crap and send it too. Then have DL write WDW a check for it, run like hell to the bank and cash it, and then spend it all on new attractions in DHS and EPCOT.

Yep, I know...never gonna happen. Kinda like the chances of me staying at WDW again for a vacation anytime soon.

SirLink

The day/night views look completely different.

Looks like the accountants looked at the night artwork and told them to go back to the drawing board.

Not only that but I see that the Pirates flume ride has been replaced by a standard PotC attraction? But to my limited knowledge there were some pretty big budget cuts right @WDW1974 ?

TalkingHead

This guy's voice is creeping me out in a serial killer way ... and they don't have any of them in the Pacific NW!

His favorite character is Robert Iger.

''I wonder if you'd dissolve with acetone.''

He was trashed wearing his DL shirt on his one WDW visit.

God, where do they find these people?

Still, talking ...

Talking HK lanyards and wants to visit family in Beijing ... why are they letting him go on.

Now, asking about Mulan becoming a princess and getting a castle in Shanghai.

And Pirates sequels?

Sadly, I missed the mental illness Q&A this year, but this post had me laughing in the waiting area at the tire repair place. Thanks for the coverage of the fun, Spirit.

Rodan75

The Annual Laughfest has begun in Portland, OR.

Iger has mentioned the University's Disney-designed mascot and crowed about the year with stock going from $60 to above $80 and the market cap from $100 billion to about $140 billion.

Incidentally, he didn't mention this was why WDW was so stale or why some CMs ponder living in their cars or why prices keep rising.

And Frozen, Frozen, Frozen talk ...

''Even in Flemish I can't get this out of my head'' ... neither would I, Bob, neither would I.

For as much as you dislike Iger's treatment of the Parks, he has done a lot for the company itself. It is a stronger business today than it was when he took over. While I agree that there are risks to that paradigm, and @ParentsOf4 has an almost religious zeal in pointing them out, everything that is broken now is fixable.

Hopefully in Iger's next act as he cedes control of the CEO chair to someone else, he'll pick a more creative member of the team and continue his strong financial controls.

SirLink

Sadly, I missed the mental illness Q&A this year, but this post had me laughing in the waiting area at the tire repair place. Thanks for the coverage of the fun, Spirit.

You know what I blame this on Toon characters ... if instead of having Alice M+G in UK @ EPCOT they had, I don't know have, a Meet,Greet&Educate by Charles Dickens or Joseph Swan. Or in Italy kids could meet Leonardo Da Vinci.

SirLink

For as much as you dislike Iger's treatment of the Parks, he has done a lot for the company itself. It is a stronger business today than it was when he took over. While I agree that there are risks to that paradigm, and @ParentsOf4 has an almost religious zeal in pointing them out, everything that is broken now is fixable.

Hopefully in Iger's next act as he cedes control of the CEO chair to someone else, he'll pick a more creative member of the team and continue his strong financial controls.

Lets all hope Iger doesn't get to pick, let us hope it is the Board who will be picking ...

mahnamahna101

You know what I blame this on Toon characters ... if instead of having Alice M+G in UK @ EPCOT they had, I don't know have, a Meet,Greet&Educate by Charles Dickens or Joseph Swan. Or in Italy kids could meet Leonardo Da Vinci.
I whole heartedly support having historical figures do M&Gs in the World Showcase pavillions... have subtle education value under the guise of immersion and entertainment.

the.dreamfinder

I would totally go for "A Conversation with Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain".
Take that Enchated Tales with Belle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom