The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

lebeau

To you suckers, to them worth the price. Do you no longer go there?

Last trip was 2012.

I'll go again. But only because I have young kids. When they outgrow it, I'll be done till grandkids. And even with young kids, we're in no hurry to go back. Currently, it's just not worth it to us.

If someone's never been before, I'd encourage them to go and spend their money wisely. But the folks who go every year or multiple times a year at these prices, yeah, suckers in my book.

Goofyernmost

Last trip was 2012.

I'll go again. But only because I have young kids. When they outgrow it, I'll be done till grandkids. And even with young kids, we're in no hurry to go back. Currently, it's just not worth it to us.

If someone's never been before, I'd encourage them to go and spend their money wisely. But the folks who go every year or multiple times a year at these prices, yeah, suckers in my book.
To me, it's people with different priorities. Suckers make it sound like they are stupid. They are not, they derive something from it, just like you do when you bring your young kids. At that point it's expensive but not overpriced or you would find some other place to take them wouldn't you?

Soarin' Over Pgh

I only noticed because last year I was cleaning up all the girls' Christmas stuff. I was assembling the Barbie Dreamhouse, etc. And I had to admit, the little details were really exceptional. It reminded me of Disney when they are on their game. The details told a story. So then I was straightening up all the Monster High stuff. And I saw the same attention to detail albeit with a different flavor. So I looked and sure enough, it was also a Mattel product. I had always assumed the two lines were competitors. There are now some knock-off Monster High products and I'm willing to bet Hasbro has one.

Well, there's this nightmare. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/dolls-...fluttershy-doll-A8629?CD=73&BR=704&ST=SO&PG=1
And there are a few competitor Monster High rip offs but for the life of me I can't remember what they're called.

lebeau

To me, it's people with different priorities. Suckers make it sound like they are stupid. They are not, they derive something from it, just like you do when you bring your young kids. At that point it's expensive but not overpriced or you would find some other place to take them wouldn't you?

Even when I go, I think it's overpriced. Sometimes you bite the bullet.

I'm partially kidding when I use the word "suckers" but only partially. There are a lot of people who just aren't being smart with their vacation dollar. Or who don't know what else is out there because they have been blinded by Pixie Dust. There are a lot of suckers. But not everyone who goes frequently is one.

lebeau

Well, there's this nightmare. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/dolls-...fluttershy-doll-A8629?CD=73&BR=704&ST=SO&PG=1
And there are a few competitor Monster High rip offs but for the life of me I can't remember what they're called.

Fairy-Tale-High-2.jpg

asianway

Percentage wise, I agree that it made more money, but actual dollars? No, and that is what stockholders are looking at. I'd rather have 10% of a Billion Dollars then 15% of a Million. Wouldn't you?

I see two different drumbeats. One from the fanbois perspective and one from the "way it used to be" perspective. If we all stopped looking at individual attractions and looked at the bigger picture, we would see that they have more to offer overall then every before and although the detail has been "valued" it is still a pretty nice place. Todays generation of park visitors are motivated to move as quickly as possible from spot to spot. FP started that garbage and we are looking at the end result now.
Stockholders should be looking at return on investment. A dollar generating 10% in one line of business is underperforming compared to 15% in another. This is why one day TWDC will sell the real estate assets of the WDPR division to simply cash the licensing check like they do for TDR.

PeterAlt

I have good news/bad news for those who want me to get over my latest obsession (WD/TW merger)! The good news is that I found another possible merger target for Disney - AMC Networks (formerly Rainbow Media). Check out their assets!

(From Wikipedia)

AMC Networks Inc. is an entertainment company in the United States that owns the cable channels AMC, IFC, WE tv, and SundanceTV; the art house movie theater IFC Center in New York City, and the independent film company IFC Films.

WE tv could be folded nicely into Lifetime Networks. Disney could certainly use a new label for independent productions, and the cable networks to air them on!

This isn't nearly as big or glamorous as a merger with TW, which leads me to my bad news - I haven't given up on that idea.

I thought Rainbow Media also owns Starz and Encore... I guess not. Starz and Encore should be acquired as well, separately.

If TW spins off CNN, then Disney could pursue just CNN, or just TW without CNN (and without Time, assuming that is spun off). Disney could then make separate deals for CNN and TW, depending on the urgency for either assets.

TinkerBell9988

As much as I truly respect Spirit, I must agree with you on this. There's a very fine line between laughing with, and laughing at.

I applaud you for standing up and, without CAPS LOCKING and going all wild, presenting yourself and your point across perfectly without reducing to insults and negative comments.

Aw thanks so much. I'm not a fan of caps lock either, except for when I'm talking about food as in: OMG THIS GUACAMOLE IS AMAZING. :p

ratherbeinwdw

Yeah, seriously. Haha! "Teen Glass Slipper Chick" coming soon to a Walmart near you!

I really shouldn't have mentioned a Fraggles ride earlier, because now I can't stop thinking of how awesome that possibility would be.
The Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta had a wonderful display of the some of the original Fraggle dolls/puppets.
They had them in a scene from one of the shows and had it enclosed in a large glass case. They also have one of an original Big Bird-full size- and a Kermit. All are in glass cases.
I think the Fraggle scene might have been a temporary exhibit, but I haven't been in a while so I'm not sure. They also had a temporary exhibit of The Dark Crystal characters.
The Big Bird and Kermit have been there every time we've gone. They also have a wonderful Jim Henson room, with video and many other characters.
I haven't been in a couple of years, but we used to go regularly to see the shows. They were amazing.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta had a wonderful display of the some of the original Fraggle dolls/puppets.
They had them in a scene from one of the shows and had it enclosed in a large glass case. They also have one of an original Big Bird-full size- and a Kermit. All are in glass cases.
I think the Fraggle scene might have been a temporary exhibit, but I haven't been in a while so I'm not sure. They also had a temporary exhibit of The Dark Crystal characters.
The Big Bird and Kermit have been there every time we've gone. They also have a wonderful Jim Henson room, with video and many other characters.
I haven't been in a couple of years, but we used to go regularly to see the shows. They were amazing.

Oh man! That sounds awesome. Yet another reason to check out Atlanta. I'll see if I can find anything online since I'm a half days drive away :) thanks for that!

Such a missed opportunity on Disneys part. I really wish they would do more with the Muppets and ...well all of Hensens creations. I'm assuming they have the rights to...?

Cesar R M

Welp, I must be the target audience because, aside from it being "DISNEY" and not "WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS" I love that.

I feel ashamed.

As much as I truly respect Spirit, I must agree with you on this. There's a very fine line between laughing with, and laughing at.

I applaud you for standing up and, without CAPS LOCKING and going all wild, presenting yourself and your point across perfectly without reducing to insults and negative comments.

I dont see anything wrong with these logo combinations.
Dreamworks always changes the moon logo to feature the movie characters..
from Jack Frost, the pinguins of madagascar to Sherman for example..
they just need to do it... WITH STYLE ;)

And an FYI for all Hensens fans... The channel FX has a Creature shop Challenge coming on air soon!

Details:

http://www.syfy.com/creatureshop
speaking of creature ops, I really loved the reality show of the guys who fought to be recognized as makeup and FX experts..
some of the stuff there was amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom