The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

FigmentJedi

If you build a Walmart...they will come.

twerk-disney-fail-butt.jpg

Can't they at least "Disneybound" as Elastigirl?

lazyboy97o

Prop Century..awesome! :D

To me, Pop's oversized decoration is part fun, part a bit tacky. I don't hate it, and I am not enchanted by it. Is that however the best they could come up with when asked to design a 'cheap motel..but Disney themed'?
Cabana Bay. In a way the Value Resorts suffer a similar problem as you describe because they lack focus. It's not just one place. Even if done better you'd be jumping from environment to environment. Part of what makes a hotel, any hotel, is repetition of a pattern. Disney went the easy way and opted to assault the senses with varied stimulation.

cheezbat

Even today, I still enjoy WDW's water parks (where they don't have FastPass+) so, hey, we have a couple of days planned there. The rest will be spent at Universal. (Shy 1 day my DW and teenage girls head over to the outlet malls with my credit cards. :eek:)

I was at Typhoon this last week, and they use the new MM+ system for park entry...and while waiting to get into the park, a man in front of me was asking if the waterslides had fast pass plus locations. I just shook my head.

What the heck is up with Typhoon? Are they letting things slip at the waterparks now too? I noticed a few areas where trees had been ripped out and replaced with nothing. Service at the ice cream shack was AWFUL. The Storm slides are getting rough. I cut my back on one of them this visit. Also, they had walls up on the side of the wavepool where the boat photo op was. Can anybody tell me why the bridge and the overlook on the Mountain is closed? They had it all roped off and I asked someone about it and they didnt know what to say. Did they just not finish refurbishments while the park was closed, or are these all cost cutting measures?

Not good signs.

ParentsOf4

I was at Typhoon this last week, and they use the new MM+ system for park entry...and while waiting to get into the park, a man in front of me was asking if the waterslides had fast pass plus locations. I just shook my head.

What the heck is up with Typhoon? Are they letting things slip at the waterparks now too? I noticed a few areas where trees had been ripped out and replaced with nothing. Service at the ice cream shack was AWFUL. The Storm slides are getting rough. I cut my back on one of them this visit. Also, they had walls up on the side of the wavepool where the boat photo op was. Can anybody tell me why the bridge and the overlook on the Mountain is closed? They had it all roped off and I asked someone about it and they didnt know what to say. Did they just not finish refurbishments while the park was closed, or are these all cost cutting measures?

Not good signs.
My last Typhoon Lagoon visit was in July and I didn't notice anything at that time. I'll be back in about a month.

Let's hope the "good enough" thinking that's invaded the theme parks hasn't arrived at the water parks.

The Empress Lilly

Cabana Bay. In a way the Value Resorts suffer a similar problem as you describe because they lack focus. It's not just one place. Even if done better you'd be jumping from environment to environment. Part of what makes a hotel, any hotel, is repetition of a pattern. Disney went the easy way and opted to assault the senses with varied stimulation.
I was shocked at how good Cabana's theme was. Phenomenal.

If ever you need a quick example of your beloved difference between decoration and theme, juxtapositioning Pop and Cabana is it.

I think it great irony that in the 2010s Disney's competitor spends a fortune to make its 2014 hotel look like it was build in the 1960s, while simultaneously WDW spends a fortune to make its authentic 1960s hotels look like they were build in 2014. :D

Last edited:

SJN1279

Frozen now has grossed 980 million worldwide, and is poised to overtake The Lion King has the #2 highest grossing animated film of all time. It should also pass the billion dollar mark within the next few weeks.

What an amazing success for Disney animation. I think Frozen this IP is the one that needs to be fast tracked into the parks ASAP(even before Star Wars).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Frozen now has grossed 980 million worldwide, and is poised to overtake The Lion King has the #2 highest grossing animated film of all time. It should also pass the billion dollar mark within the next few weeks.

What an amazing success for Disney animation. I think Frozen this IP is the one that needs to be fast tracked into the parks ASAP(even before Star Wars).
They are already working on this according to my sources.

Ticket Price Increase!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom