The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't think that comparison works, because the faux steam train still moves and produces steam. A static figure would not in the end still move like an AA.

As I said before, PLEASE WDW KEEP THE STEAM TRAINS! I'd hate to see them go. And was looking forward to taking the steam tour one of these weekends.

But if a family, with no knowledge of trains, arrives to MK and sees a train chugging past with steam coming out of the top, many wouldn't give it a second thought. And the savings WILL have Mr. Iger seeing "green."

The comparison was to categorize the highest level of authenticity possible. An Audio-Animatronic is the closest thing to represent a pirate, president, yeti, etc. (Other than actually having those things in the parks)

I don't believe the steam change will be seamless. Perhaps to new guests, they might not know the difference because they didn't know what was there before. However I believe returning guests will notice something different. Right now we are riding the real thing. And when riding BTMR, I can tell a difference between the authenticity of that train and the WDW Railroad.

Everything from monetary green to "environmental" green is what Mr. Iger wants. He made 30+ million in 2013. Down from 2012.. How much green do you need? You would think with the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney Animation, ESPN, and Disney's other outlets, that more investment could be put into the theme parks instead of data-mining the guests in an attempt to push every last penny out of their pockets.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry, I apparently misinterpreted that sentence and thought you meant that there would be no trains at all. My mistake, but, why do you think I'm looking for an argument. Nothing can be further from the truth. In fact, my first sentence was a question because I was surprise to hear that they were talking about no trains at all anymore, as I gathered from your first sentence. I love reading and posting on the boards, but, if it means that I have to stifle my opinion on things so that no back and forth discussion ever happens, well, that ain't gonna happen!

No one has to agree with anything I put on these threads. I will defend my opinions and try to do it without making it an insult to the person that disagrees with me. (a favor that I do not seem to get in return) I ask questions and defend my answers. So many times I ask questions and they never get answered, all I get is a snotty remark, totally unrelated to the stuff we were discussing and that makes me appear argumentative. If I have a strong feeling about something, I express it and then defend it. At a point when I have made every point that I feel is important, I decide that it isn't worth the hassle anymore and then stop.

So sorry for that error on my part. I'm sure everyone makes that same error from time to time, but, no I'm not just trying to get an argument started. I already stated that I do not have a horse in this race, so whatever happens, short of no trains at all, works for me.
OK, I should have said engines instead of trains there. My bad:). I didn't think you were really asking a question, I thought you were trying to be argumentative.

My past posts were actually sorta agreeing with what you were saying. I said a few times that for me personally it's a loss, but I can understand why others don't really care. Having an active interest in the Disney parks doesn't mean you have to also appreciate the history of these engines. If the railroad is nothing more than a ride then this is no different than Pirates getting new boats (minus the leaking;)). For some people (me included) part of the appeal of the Walt Disney World Railroad was that you got to ride authentic, antique steam trains that were a true part of American history. I'm sure if the rumor is true they will have replicas that look as good as the ones in Hong Kong and most guests won't even know the difference. I still can't see them giving a behind the scenes tour if they use replicas, but I guess the small loss in revenue there will be more than made up for with cost savings. I would be interested to see the reaction if they tried this at DL to "Walt's trains".

Goofyernmost

Are Montreal's grooved to ride on top of steel rails, or is it a trackless concrete guideway, like Metromover's?
It's been a long time since I was up there and ridden them, but, just from memory it is a trackless concrete guide-way. Again, we are relying on a 65 year old memory here and it's been a good dozen years since I was there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
While you guys argue the semantics and minutiae of things… Team Disney Orlando is going to raise prices again affective tomorrow morning.

$99 MK/ $94 elsewhere for 1D1P

Please tell me you are hanging out with Pete somewhere eating Cheese Its and watching Willy Wonka and this is a drug induced hallucination;).

Assuming you aren't, Ouch:(. Twice in a year or are they just having the summer price raise early?

PeterAlt

Please tell me you are hanging out with Pete somewhere eating Cheese Its and watching Willy Wonka and this is a drug induced hallucination;).

Assuming you aren't, Ouch:(. Twice in a year or are they just having the summer price raise early?
As I said, inflation is everywhere suddenly. For example, when I went to Tijuana Flats the other day for my Tuesday $4.99 dos tacos special (which includes drink), imagine my surprise (after counting the exact change for tax not included in said price) when I was told I needed another 53 cents! Sure, I didn't mind the increased price, but I was a little ticked that I had to break a twenty...

NearTheEars

The comparison was to categorize the highest level of authenticity possible. An Audio-Animatronic is the closest thing to represent a pirate, president, yeti, etc. (Other than actually having those things in the parks)

I don't believe the steam change will be seamless. Perhaps to new guests, they might not know the difference because they didn't know what was there before. However I believe returning guests will notice something different. Right now we are riding the real thing. And when riding BTMR, I can tell a difference between the authenticity of that train and the WDW Railroad.

Everything from monetary green to "environmental" green is what Mr. Iger wants. He made 30+ million in 2013. Down from 2012.. How much green do you need? You would think with the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney Animation, ESPN, and Disney's other outlets, that more investment could be put into the theme parks instead of data-mining the guests in an attempt to push every last penny out of their pockets.

Most executives want as much green as possible. It's a never ending pursuit.
They have invested greatly in the park (some quote $2 to 2.5 billion, a figure that after hundreds of posts and tweets is now seen as fact despite no source).

Unfortunately, as we all know, how they are investing is under a lot of scrutiny on these forums.
I'm still reserving judgement since as an AP I haven't been given a magic band yet. We haven't even used the kiosks yet, just been picking and choosing the best standby lines to wait in.

Once I experience first hand, then I'll offer my opinion on the investment.

Nubs70

As I said, inflation is everywhere suddenly. For example, when I went to Tijuana Flats the other day for my Tuesday $4.99 dos tacos special (which includes drink), imagine my surprise (after counting the exact change for tax not included in said price) when I was told I needed another 53 cents! Sure, I didn't mind the increased price, but I was a little ticked that I had to break a twenty...
Sudden onset - that is the nature of inflation.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Where is everyone getting these "Abbey Road" avatars from? There are now 4 different versions in this thread. I got mine from Disney wallpapers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So on the bright side the increase is still less than last year;)

MK up $4 to $99 or 4.2%
Other parks up $5 or 5.6%

Last year the base prices were up over 7%. I will be interested to see increases in the multi-day passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom