The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lazyboy97o

Does anyone with knowledge of such things know why projects seem to be so much more expensive at WDW than Universal? I know why they take five times as long, because it's spreading out capex costs for the shareholders, but I don't understand why they're so much more expensive.

Wouldn't they be using the same pool of construction contractors, the same material suppliers etc... I can't see where the discrepancy could come from.
Internal red tape is one factor. Universal has also stopped involving lower level executives in the parks in decision making. Specifications for contractors are also a lot more detailed when they come out of Walt Disney Imagineering. Contractors for Universal Creative, in order to get the job, essentially for free flesh out Universal's less detailed work.

Magenta Panther

Currently stuck on TTA due to an intrusion. CMs walking the track. Stuck in a tunnel.

The last time I got stuck on a ride in WDW was on my very last ride (as it turned out) on Maelstrom. My boat got stuck just past the polar bears. My fellow travelers and I got to hear the "please stay in your seats" recording about 6 times. We never got evac'd; eventually the boat moved on and we finished the ride.

71jason

Let the record reflect a restaurant critic who was let go from the Sentinel still managed to scoop their WDW beat reporter, Soup & Salad Sandra, on future DTD tenants.

Print is dead.

ParentsOf4

I forgot to mention that Euro Disney shareholders approved the plan to recapitalize DLP a few days ago. As a result, Disney's ownership should jump from 40% to at least 70%, with Saudi Prince AlWaleed bin Tala owning another 10%.

Disney now will be the overwhelming financial beneficiary of any capital improvements at DLP, Disney's objective for years. DLP improvements should start to move forward in earnest over the next few years.

Cesar R M

I forgot to mention that Euro Disney shareholders approved the plan to recapitalize DLP a few days ago. As a result, Disney's ownership should jump from 40% to at least 70%, with Saudi Prince AlWaleed bin Tala owning another 10%.

Disney now will be the overwhelming financial beneficiary of any capital improvements at DLP, Disney's objective for years. DLP improvements should start to move forward in earnest over the next few years.
makes you wonder if this was the plan all along.
make the park go down in debt.. buy all the park shares.. boost it.. then steal all the $$$

Last edited:

Bolna

How did you find out about it? I just looked up the info on the shareholder website and there were a million warnings that I am not allowed to access the info in any way if I am from the USA (which I am not) - even the press releases have notices that they are not for the U.S.!

Now I need to figure out if I want to buy another 900 shares and if I do wether I want to keep them or sell them to TWDC... If I just knew what to expect to happen to the share price once this whole thing is over and done with...

Bolna

No, I don't think that has been the plan in the beginning. But they might have followed this plan for the last five years or so...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
How did you find out about it? I just looked up the info on the shareholder website and there were a million warnings that I am not allowed to access the info in any way if I am from the USA (which I am not) - even the press releases have notices that they are not for the U.S.!

Now I need to figure out if I want to buy another 900 shares and if I do wether I want to keep them or sell them to TWDC... If I just knew what to expect to happen to the share price once this whole thing is over and done with...

Share repurchases are usually not beneficial to the seller. In theory at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom