The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

stevehousse

Any rumblings about these things in Epcot as well as Frozen? Another thread was talking bout rumors of Energy Adventure getting a redo finally and Imagination finally coming down for its redo that has been talked about???

Cardinals314

Do we know if the Frozen ride is going to include the projection screens similar to Gran Fiesta Tour? Based off of George Scribner's resume it could be a possibility

sweetpee_1993

I don't care about any of that! But really, thanks for caring & sharing, dear @WDW1974. So tell me, Any news for DCL??? What's the word from the inside on what, if anything, is to be done about DL's AP capacity issues???

And I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on the wonderful Wonder, crossing the jungle locks, & the Grand out west! We rescheduled the Canal to '15 as our oldest's graduation voyage. Finally made it out west just in time to get sandblasted. I think I'm officially old because I don't seem to like people much. May or may not be hitting up the Grand in September. That's if we stick with that set of airline tickets. The more I think of dealing with the herds the more I rethink it. <--Hence my interest in DL's capacity issues. ;)

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Welcome back! You've been missed! I'm happy to hear your vacation was great, what did you think of the Panama Canal cruise?

Here's what you missed:

Trolls, a bunch of name calling, some good discussions about Epcot and it's future, thoughts and opinions on maelstrom, a choice disney employee poking in and snapping at everyone then took his toys and went home, aaaand, yeah no, that's about it.

Welcome back!
Don't forget about our discussion around Cheesesteaks and Wawa. You left out the best part. Was the employee you are talking about the duck guy from the Frozen thread?

BrianLo

But a real Phase II has already been pushed to the forefront, so much so that it won't likely ever be referred to as such...

Thanks, so I assume this is all part of the 800 million they upped to budget? Will we actually see anything extra when the park opens beyond your list you posted, or just in the following few years?

Any hints to what might be in "Phase II"?

Also any comments on an HKDL second gate?

Bairstow

What exactly would be the virtue in a Frozen overlay of Maelstrom?
The ride, and especially the queue are limited in length and capacity.
As of today, the attraction is still one of the most popular rides at EPCOT, with queues rarely dipping below 30 minutes for most of the day.

Do they want to take the ride offline for a year, then have it reopen with 2-3 hour queues for a decade or so, just because?

Mike S

As of today, the attraction is still one of the most popular rides at EPCOT, with queues rarely dipping below 30 minutes for most of the day.

Do they want to take the ride offline for a year, then have it reopen with 2-3 hour queues for a decade or so, just because?
It's simply the quick, cheap and easy thing to do. TDO is too blinded to see the consequences of this horrible idea.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It's cheap and will look good on billboards and tv adds to attract families with young kids to EPCOT.

CDavid

Now, I don't think WDI wanted him leaking this to an audience of largely Disney geeks in the middle of the Pacific. But someone asked him about criticism over changing a classic EPCOT attraction by adding toons and he got a bit of that famous WDI 'we are smarter and better than our audience' 'tude and it sorta slipped out. I am not sure he had any intention of saying what he did, but he did.

Any chance that someone asking the question was a certain well known Spirit?

Thanks for the confirmation, even if not at all what we wanted to hear.

As I'd mentioned in another thread, I am wondering if maybe the less they do (and spend) on the Maelstrom overlay, the better off we might be. At least much of the attraction will survive, in the very slim hope it might be 'fixed' later, because this is an incredibly poor fit for World Showcase, Frozen deserves a better ride than a cheap overlay, and finally Norway deserves a better attraction than 'toons and trolls'.

Anything to the rumors of Ratatouille in France?

flynnibus

Premium Member
never thought malestrom was loved at all... but survives as one of the few 'rides' in World Showcase.

Not that I think that means Frozen should move in... I wouldn't mind an addition to Norway for it.. but to have it take over the anchor of the pavilion seems a crime to the idea of World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom