The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't think there is any question DAK will get to 12 million by 2017

If DAK has an annual park attendance increase of 2%, as it did in 2013, the numbers would look like this:

2014: 10,401,960
2015: 10,609,999
2016: 10,822,198
2017: 11,038,641

The only way I see DAK getting to 12 million would be thanks to Uni and their expansions and if DAK opens the nighttime show before Avatar.

Edit: I don't know if Avatar is opening on schedule. Is it opening in the beginning of 2017? If so, I'll estimate Pandora will result in a 10-12% increase for DAK for 2017. That would put it over the 12 million mark.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes and you would to if you read the ready cheek 2020 plan. Or is that too hard for you.
First, check your spelling.

Second, I have read all the RCID CDPs.

If you had too - and understood them - then you would know there is a finite amount of land that is actually usable.

If you're going to attack someone, get your facts (and grammar) right first.

And finally, please stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact. More people may listen to you if you did.

Last edited:

twebber55

If DAK has an annual park attendance increase of 2%, as it did in 2013, the numbers would look like this:

2014: 10,401,960
2015: 10,609,999
2016: 10,822,198
2017: 11,038,641

The only way I see DAK getting to 12 million would be thanks to Uni and their expansions and if DAK opens the nighttime show before Avatar.

Edit: I don't know if Avatar is opening on schedule. Is it opening in the beginning of 2017? If so, I'll estimate Pandora will result in a 10-12% increase for DAK for 2017. That would put it over the 12 million mark.
the last we heard from staggs he said early 2017....and what you said looks about right...they ll get to over 11 million without any additions, with ROL and Pandora I see a bump to over 12 million
jmo of course

Last edited:

maxairmike

If you had too - and understood them - then you would know there is a finite amount of land that is actually usable.

And finally, please stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact. More people may listen to you if you did.

He probably thinks the Housing section of RCID 2020 is actually serious and legit, and not just a bunch of mindless, pointless, zero-action-intended babble to sound good. Whenever I want a dose of hilarity tainted by some slight anger, I go read the RCID 2020 Housing plan section.

mahnamahna101

the last we heard from staggs he said early 2017....and what you said looks about right...they ll get to over 11 million without any additions with ROL and Pandora I see a bump to over 12 million
jmo of course
Yeah 12 million is feasible... but 15 million+ just isn't happening unless they add Australia, Beastly Kingdom, a family dark ride to either Africa or Asia, and overhaul Dinoland

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Is it me, or does the Yahoo article seem a bit slanted against the new Harry Potter phase? They start right off with "1 ride, 7 shops" as if they are trying to jab at it. Yes, they do mention several good things, but to immediately begin with highlighting that aspect to plant it in the readers mind seems like shoddy journalism. And who is Yahoo to speculate how much money the new phase will pull in? I could see how people who dont know any better will easily get the impression that it might not be worth checking out. Is Disney connected with them in any way that could persuade them to write a slanted review? (money talks also). Theyre obviously in damge control mode as shown with how they reacted to Jimmy Fallons show pumping Uni

Yahoo news has never been stellar in my opinion. Theyre definitely biased as proven when they write certain political articles to get a point (or agenda) across and then dont allow comments to be made.

It was an AP news article, Yahoo just posted it. Having said that, you're right...there's definitely an odd slant, and a lot of wrong information...but that's "journalism" these days.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Or, considering who he is, probably not....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It was an AP news article, Yahoo just posted it. Having said that, you're right...there's definitely an odd slant, and a lot of wrong information...but that's "journalism" these days.
Thanks. Knowing it was an AP news article explains a lot. Theyre the worst (when it comes to getting unbiased news)

PhotoDave219

See the underlined part please. I call total BS on this. As a 42 yr. CM in Finance, mostly in Resorts, I know individual GM's do not pay for any of this kind of thing. In fact, GM's control very little, even their budgets are handed to them.
Also, as of today, Sam Lau is still listed in Rostr as VP of Epcot

Clarifying..... I said Lau was moved out of transportation for making waves. They moved him to VP of Epcot.

Such is my understanding. If you have other evidence to suggest this is not the case, I'm open to hear it. Just as so it's not "I've done this 40 years"..... That crap doesn't play here.

Nubs70

Well tangent to whats going on right now. Sadly, Mr. Lau fell victim to actually trying to do something. Current management is indoctrinated into meeting their numbers and collecting their bonuses and just coasting.

Only way it will get fixed is to clean house in the whole division.
The reason I ask about the 360 degree review is that type of performance review process is geared toward rooting out wave makers. Mr. Lau, by virtue of position and experience, can be considered an expert in his field. Ideally, he was put into the position with the authority, responsibility, and accountability to improve the transportation process.

He most likely discovered many and additional short comings that we have uncovered here. He developed solutions that mapped out a course. This will ruffle feathers up and down the chain of command. Those with ruffled feathers can then use the 360 degree review to exact revenge.

seascape

He probably thinks the Housing section of RCID 2020 is actually serious and legit, and not just a bunch of mindless, pointless, zero-action-intended babble to sound good. Whenever I want a dose of hilarity tainted by some slight anger, I go read the RCID 2020 Housing plan section.
Read the report. The number of hotel units and or timeshares were to be 34000 in a 2015. If you check my number somewhere above you will see they are already over that number and according to my calendar it's 2014.

By the way the numbers are for their jurisdiction and therefore have to include those owned and those under lease deals.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Read the report. The number of hotel units and or timeshares were to be 34000 in a 2015. If you check my number somewhere above you will see they are already over that number and according to my calendar it's 2014.

By the way the numbers are for their jurisdiction and therefore have to include those owned and those under lease deals.
And just like the monorails, proposed numbers aren't necessarily definitive ones....

FloridaRes

Clarifying..... I said Lau was moved out of transportation for making waves. They moved him to VP of Epcot.

Such is my understanding. If you have other evidence to suggest this is not the case, I'm open to hear it. Just as so it's not "I've done this 40 years"..... That crap doesn't play here.

I have no knowledge about anything to do with Sam Lau. I do, however, know that GM's have almost no money to play with, other than funding some CM break room refurb or buying some new pool furniture and the like. Anything more than that, they have to request funding. So talking about them being asked to fund transportation improvements is totally ludicrous.

PhotoDave219

I have no knowledge about anything to do with Sam Lau. I do, however, know that GM's have almost no money to play with, other than funding some CM break room refurb or buying some new pool furniture and the like. Anything more than that, they have to request funding. So talking about them being asked to fund transportation improvements is totally ludicrous.

Such is the story that I was told…

But you say most of the budget is already locked in stone..... And God help you if you don't make your numbers.

Funmeister

Can I get you to at least are on this.

1. New rides and attractions take space.
2. People take space.
3. US is only a certain size.
4. IOA is a certain size.

If you agree to those 4 facts then you have to admit there is a physical limit to expansion of the 2 parks. I will not deny that Universal can add a third gate but it would be a third gate and so it could not result in an increase of attendance in the 2 parks.

As for AK it seems the people complaining about it are those with universal colored glasses. It will grow and will grow much faster than either of the universal parks after what is planned is finished. In 2017 there will be over 15 million a year in attendance at AK. EPCOT will grow also. Even if very little is done the growth of Food and Wine and Flower and Garden will keep it above either Universal Park. And no matter how people love HP, there are still a 10 million light sabers sold a year. That is a number that shows Star Wars has more of a draw than HP. Once Disney builds what we all know is coming DHS will draw over 15 million a year. You can count on it. The only ones who could deny that are those who do not understand the draw of star wars and for the record I prefer star trek. I also love shrek and the minions.

Did you ever think that "facts? can change or additional facts can be added? You forgot #5.

5. Additional land being acquired for additional resort expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom