The Spirited Back Nine ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I can't count the number of FAA violations in the making of this video, Idiots like this make it hard for everyone else. And considering there is low level rotary wing traffic all the time around WDW this drone is actively endangering people.

And you could SEE the DERP on the beach with the remote, Notwithstanding the YouTube post I'm pretty sure that Disney security will be able to ID the guy (sun angles will give you the day of year and time) and surveillance footage should take care of the rest.

EPCOTCenterLover

Just a drop in to wish all my MAGICal friends here a Very Happy AND HEALTHY 2015!!!

Things have started to calm down a bit in my world -- you don't want to spend Christmas in the ICU, you just don't (kids, don't smoke ... unless you have a death wish and/or you love to be in agony and/or don't care about your loved ones, just don't ... and the occasional cigar isn't OK, nor is chewing tobacco ... just don't!!!) -- so I'm going to go ahead with a new thread (hell, I even got some news this week that may make it in!) sometime soon.

Thanks again to all who have sent kind notes.
Welcome back, friend!

Mem11

And you could SEE the DERP on the beach with the remote, Notwithstanding the YouTube post I'm pretty sure that Disney security will be able to ID the guy (sun angles will give you the day of year and time) and surveillance footage should take care of the rest.

The kid's no rocket scientist, go look at some of his other videos. He filmed the MK New Years Fireworks and then writes he launched his drone from the Bay Lake Tower Tennis Courts. Should be pretty easy for Disney to identify him.

Looks like he got a new toy for Christmas, if he keeps this up he won't have it much longer.

Rteetz

The kid's no rocket scientist, go look at some of his other videos. He filmed the MK New Years Fireworks and then writes he launched his drone from the Bay Lake Tower Tennis Courts. Should be pretty easy for Disney to identify him.

Looks like he got a new toy for Christmas, if he keeps this up he won't have it much longer.

Well before he gets caught he could go to the backlot of DHS or Avatar to get some footage for us might as well make him useful

Soarin' Over Pgh

....ok, granted, he shouldn't have done it, but what an awesome view of the fireworks!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Just a drop in to wish all my MAGICal friends here a Very Happy AND HEALTHY 2015!!!

Things have started to calm down a bit in my world -- you don't want to spend Christmas in the ICU, you just don't (kids, don't smoke ... unless you have a death wish and/or you love to be in agony and/or don't care about your loved ones, just don't ... and the occasional cigar isn't OK, nor is chewing tobacco ... just don't!!!) -- so I'm going to go ahead with a new thread (hell, I even got some news this week that may make it in!) sometime soon.

Thanks again to all who have sent kind notes.

So happy to see you post again, friend.

I watched my grandfather take three days to die. Struggling with every breath, in pain the entire time, so whacked out on pain meds he thought he was falling (laying in hospital bed, hooked up to a million machines, not falling anytime soon) and screaming out for my gram...three days. Three days. Three nights. Pain and agony the entire time.

If that's not enough to turn anyone off of smoking, maybe watching his fifteen year decline of health would. Chronic emphysema, bronchitis, barely able to breathe at rest let alone while walking, oxygen tanks, nightly breathing treatments, unable to socialize because of anxiety of "them knowing" not to mention the embarrassment of lugging around an oxygen tank, constantly checking it's levels, constant sore throat, constant chest pain, chronic cough and wheezing fits, the list goes on.

Just don't do it. And if you do, quit.

The first week SUCKS SO BAD you'll hate everyone and everything and you'll cry for the stupidest reasons (I cried because I dropped my toothbrush in the sink, and had a rage tantrum because someone rang my doorbell) but it gets better. Trust me, it gets better, it gets easier, and YOU CAN DO IT. You'll have a sense of taste and smell again, and cigarette stink will make your stomach turn. You don't have to gain weight, you don't have any excuse.

Seriously yall, quit smoking.

GymLeaderPhil

I'm surprised it's taken this long for drones to make their way into the parks. Can't wait for all the new ways to take pictures of dirt and rebar over construction walls now.

I remember there was a person in a glider with a small engine over Magic Kingdom two-three years ago that was circling around for a few hours. Wonder what, if anything, happened to him.

5thGenTexan

Gov. Voldemort did the right thing by killing that particular boondoggle, A light rail system on the same route makes sense and should have been done years ago but even a light rail system will need subsidy to operate.

There are only a few routes in the US which have the traffic density to support a HSR system. The 'Train to Nowhere' in CA is getting ready to fail because of lawsuits and buyers remorse and it does not have an economic driver.

Basically the only routes which make sense are

Boston to DC
Chicago to NYC
Philly to NYC
LA to San Francisco
Dallas to Austin (this one's a reach)

HSR's sweet spot are runs between 200-600 miles with few stops. I'm a supporter of HSR but there are very few places in the US which can support a system and that's spoken as a frequent Acela rider (which is hobbled by the need to STOP frequently and share infrastructure with conventional trains).

There is no reason for high speed rail between Dallas and Austin. It's only 3 hours to drive and once you get there, what then? Dallas to Houston is where its been proposed and would make more sense. The light rail coverage around Dallas is getting to be really good. There are routes between Dallas and Ft Worth. The ability to shoot down to Houston in minutes rather than 5 hours would be great. Houston has a great deal to offer, not to mention a brand new cruise terminal.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
7:30 in he flies very low over the crowded bridge between former Nascar Cafe and the Studios park, and it looks like a few people noticed, then flew back to kinda see him in the hard rock hotel garden path. No doubt all these videos look neat, but man is that asking for trouble.

I'm refusing to watch because every view count just encourages this kind of stupidity. And yes the DERP is asking for trouble of the FEDERAL kind, The guys with cheap suits, Ray Ban's and NO SENSE OF HUMOR.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There is no reason for high speed rail between Dallas and Austin. It's only 3 hours to drive and once you get there, what then? Dallas to Houston is where its been proposed and would make more sense. The light rail coverage around Dallas is getting to be really good. There are routes between Dallas and Ft Worth. The ability to shoot down to Houston in minutes rather than 5 hours would be great. Houston has a great deal to offer, not to mention a brand new cruise terminal.

From a tourist PoV absolutely NOTHING, From a business perspective many of the high tech companies are relocating out of Silicon Valley to Austin because of CA's increasingly insane laws and regulations. A bunch of airlines have 'Nerd Birds' which fly shuttles every couple of hours between San Jose and Austin.

So a REAL high speed train which connects DFW to AUS in just over an hour would really cement the Finance/Tech centers of TX. And of course Houston which is the civil engineering capital would also be a great link.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Increasing highway capacity increases highway traffic.

Would you buy a Ferrari as your commuter car? The high speed rail project was a lot of money with only a few minutes in travel time saved over car or even the existing Amtrak service. For a family of four, gas would have had to hit something like $10/gallon in order for the train to have been a cheaper alternative.

Light rail is about short distances and high density, neither of which exist on the Tampa-Orlando corridor. It's just not a very heavily trafficked area when looked at broadly.

'Light' rail is not about distance it specifically refers to trains which run on dedicated passenger only lines, The trainsets are significantly lighter than 'normal' passenger trainsets because they do not need to be designed to resist a crash with freight equipment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom