The Spirited Back Nine ...

Californian Elitist

I went for three days and by the end of it, although I did like being in the parks, I was bored. I also never felt at home there either. It might have been my own paranoia, but, I always felt like I was infringing on private property owned by the people of Southern California. I was just standing in the way of them enjoying themselves.:oops:

We finally agree on something. DL visitors do treat the park like it's theirs sometimes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
well, if someone who never visited DLR ever.. what if he tried to do ALL events, ALL Shows, ALL attractions? would he can do it in a single day?
If you went to just DL or just DCA you could do most things in one day if it was a low crowd time. Not everything, but most. We had just 1 day at DLR my last time out there and we tried to split time between the two parks. It was before the DCA makeover and our first time in that park so we saw mostly everything there and still had time to do some stuff in DL. If you really wanted to do literally everything you might need 3 days now after the DCA makeover.

Goofyernmost

the new plans to move the BAH are coming along nicely too!
check the official artwork.
9kbyJtD.jpg
Love it... that has just become my desktop wallpaper. Thanks for that.

Nubs70

It frustrates the hell out of me we cannot have an interstate that can handle the traffic around Disney.

When traffic backed up 7 miles because of Disney, there's a problem.

The state of Florida gets how much in sales tax revenue per year from Disney and we can't even manage the traffic?
But your traffic time allows you to compose your Siri transcribed tomes that we have great fun interpretating and deciphering.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a drop in to wish all my MAGICal friends here a Very Happy AND HEALTHY 2015!!!

Things have started to calm down a bit in my world -- you don't want to spend Christmas in the ICU, you just don't (kids, don't smoke ... unless you have a death wish and/or you love to be in agony and/or don't care about your loved ones, just don't ... and the occasional cigar isn't OK, nor is chewing tobacco ... just don't!!!) -- so I'm going to go ahead with a new thread (hell, I even got some news this week that may make it in!) sometime soon.

Thanks again to all who have sent kind notes.

cheezbat

It frustrates the hell out of me we cannot have an interstate that can handle the traffic around Disney.

When traffic backed up 7 miles because of Disney, there's a problem.

The state of Florida gets how much in sales tax revenue per year from Disney and we can't even manage the traffic?
I live off 408 just east of downtown but used to live in Lakeland and my friends and family are still there...I get so sick of always dealing with heavy traffic BOTH directions every drive on that interstate. It took me three hours to get to Lakeland on Tuesday. Not okay.

Is it so difficult to build another freeway system near the parks and downtown? Seriously!

GrammieBee

I- 4 through Orlando is a lot like the beltway around DC. It's all in the timing. But sometimes even that doesn't work, so we avoid the most crowded times at WDW and look for other ways to drive down from Jacksonville besides the interstates.

FigmentForver96

Just a drop in to wish all my MAGICal friends here a Very Happy AND HEALTHY 2015!!!

Things have started to calm down a bit in my world -- you don't want to spend Christmas in the ICU, you just don't (kids, don't smoke ... unless you have a death wish and/or you love to be in agony and/or don't care about your loved ones, just don't ... and the occasional cigar isn't OK, nor is chewing tobacco ... just don't!!!) -- so I'm going to go ahead with a new thread (hell, I even got some news this week that may make it in!) sometime soon.

Thanks again to all who have sent kind notes.
Wishing you the best in 2015!

Progress.City

Only from Kirkman north to 434 in Longwood. A study is going on to possibly extend the express lanes from Kirkman to US 27.

Construction starts in January, should be done in 2021.... or just in time for Avatar to open. (If anyone still gives a ......)
It would have been nice if our governor didn't kill FHSR. A section of my website will feature a look into what was planned, including the Disney station, the I-Drive APM and USO station, and the Cocoa Beach monorail. I have copies of all the state's engineering work on this!

Since I have today off, maybe I'll spend my time putting that section of the site together and hopefully get it published by this evening!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom