The Spirited Back Nine ...

Cesar R M

You have full control over those things. You can change them. ........you always have to make sacrifices under any system.
zufLMZS.gif

BernardandBianca

When compared to the old system, its not much different. In order to get the best times at the best rides you had to be there at rope drop and make a run for it. not exactly how I like starting my day.

I fail to understand your statement How could you get the "best times at the best rides" in the old system when you had zero opportunity to select the times for your FP? When you got to the attraction, you put in your ticket ad received a FP for whatever time the machine gave you. No selection. And then you had to either get past the time for the FP return, or 2 hours later, before you had an opportunity to get another FP, which again did not allow you to select times. All getting there at rope drop and running got you was a FP, not selection.

And I agree totally with the sentiment -- get rid of FP/FP+ completely.

RayTheFirefly

Welp, a large number of the games at Pizza Planet have gone bye bye. Expansion related, slowly removing closing PP?
Games not making money so they decided to put more tables in instead?
B5AW_0jIIAAAWjQ.jpg
I'm legitimately curious as to how they are going to make up for the fact that they're taking SO much out (while building the new stuff, I mean.). I mean there's only so much left...

arko

I fail to understand your statement How could you get the "best times at the best rides" in the old system when you had zero opportunity to select the times for your FP? When you got to the attraction, you put in your ticket ad received a FP for whatever time the machine gave you. No selection. And then you had to either get past the time for the FP return, or 2 hours later, before you had an opportunity to get another FP, which again did not allow you to select times. All getting there at rope drop and running got you was a FP, not selection.

And I agree totally with the sentiment -- get rid of FP/FP+ completely.

I did not mean all rides just the first ride you got to. the earlier you arrive to get your fp the earlier your return time.

tribbleorlfl

bhg, Great response. We may disagree, but I appreciate the reasoned and thought out comments. I also think you touched on why we disagree. I'm an annual visitor who comes for 3-5 days. Planning ahead and not having to worry about it when I get there helps make the vacation better for me. If I lived 15 mins away, I might have a very different opinion.

We, as a family, have really enjoyed the My Magic changes, they have worked out well for us. These are just my opinions I know not everyone vacations like we do. I also understand the experience is totally different for locals. I am not local but we do only live about a 4 hour drive away.
Of course my opinion is anecdotal and confined to the way my family chooses to enjoy the parks, but for us (we live about 35 minutes away, give or take a few depending on I4 traffic through downtown), the MM/FP+ experience hasn't been drastically different than the average on-site vacationer. In fact, I would venture to say our "quality of life" while in the parks has actually improved under the MM/FP+ system.

We fit the prototype of a "typical" local AP where we often decide day-of to visit, and very rarely do we plan more than a week out to go (the exception would be for family coming in from out of town, a hard-ticket we're attending or a Christmas narrator/F&W band we want to see). With the exception of the Anna and Elsa M&G, we've really had no trouble securing FP's to the rides and attractions that are important to us. In the year we've had access to the FP+ system, we've ridden on Soarin' and TSMM more than we have in the entire life spans of those rides pre-FP+. On the last Saturday of Frozen Summer Fun, we were finishing our lunch when we decided, "Hey, let's go out to HS." Hopped into the MDE app and claimed the 4:30 TSMM FP's that were available.

I think it's also important to point out a lot of the criticism that's levied on FP+ also existed in the old FP system. Unless you were the "Commando" type that was at the parks for the rope drop, or were one of those abusing the system, you weren't likely getting a FP for Peter Pan at 1:00, either.

the.dreamfinder

Not sure how seriously we should take this.
bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/12/maglev-update-fdot-pursues-leases-appraisals-for.html?ana=twt&r=full
Maglev update: FDOT pursues leases, appraisals for Orlando airport-to-I-Drive train route
maglev-rendering-612*900xx894-597-0-36.png

It may seem like things are pretty quiet on the maglev front, but there is activity behind the scenes.

The Florida Department of Transportation said it expects to have an appraisal completed early next year on right-of-way properties along the 13.7-mile corridor for the nearly $400 million elevated, magnetic-levitation passenger train set to connect Orlando International Airport to the busy Orange County Convention Center area. The transportation department last week issued a task work order to have an appraisal done on the properties, which should be done in 90 days, FDOT spokesman Steve Olson said.

Meanwhile, FDOT is still in talks with EMMI LLC on lease agreements for rights of way along the corridor. EMMI, a subsidiary of Marietta, Ga.-based American Maglev Technology Inc., also needs to concurrently reach agreements with the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, Central Florida Expressway Authority, Orange County, city of Orlando and private land owners who also own rights of way along the route.

Once these items have been finalized, EMMI would need to secure multiple environmental and construction permits before it can break ground on the system.

Tony Morris, president and CEO of American Maglev Technology, declined to comment.

But this appears to be the first major activity happening with the project since the transportation department in May approved EMMI's plan to develop the fixed-guideway transportation system along this corridor.

Maglev, which is supposed to be operational by 2017, is planned to include six or seven stations and will generate 85 local, high-tech jobs for project development with potential for 100-plus permanent jobs. It's also expected to help visitors and residents better navigate Orlando's clogged International Drive corridor.

Preliminary plans include a main route with stops at the airport's new $215 million intermodal transportation hub, along with The Florida Mall and the convention center, plus a possible temporary one at a SunRail station. An additional circulator route near the convention center would include three more I-Drive stops at Rosen Centre Hotel, Hyatt Regency Orlando and Pointe Orlando/Rosen Plaza Hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom