The Spirited Back Nine ...

Cesar R M

My quote: "Hard to believe the same company that put out Big Hero 6 could put out such garbage"

Last I looked, Walt Disney Animation, Pixar and DisneyToon studios were all part of ONE company. Obviously, all different divisions but Walt Disney Animation is now in charge of all of them and they are most certainly all part of the Walt Disney Company.

Not sure why you keep arguing and highlighting your ignorance and complete lack of reading and comprehending my first statement.
one company != same studios.

anyway not need to drag this point or reply twice on the same issue.

I think you forget that these plane movies were never meant for theater release to begin with. These were to be straight to DVD titles like the tink movies. They never were suppose to e on caliber with Pixar or official Disney animated movies to begin with. It was just a way to make extra money. The first planes movie was entertaining, but I do agree that fire and rescue was not very good. But again, I knew going it it wasn't going to be Frozen or finding nemo quality...

I actually found the second more enjoyable than the first.

The first had huge writing errors(specially in the dialog) that was not even funny. (clearly last second fillers to make the movie last as much as it did. A fine example of that was the ending insults from "Roper", targeting the "bad guy" aka ripslinger. )

Last edited:

RivieraJenn

6 total posts that actually that contribute to this thread, 550 posts talking about nonsense. Scrolling thru 100 pages of posts to find a half dozen that actually have something to do with anything is dumb.

*To include this post. My post is dumb.*

First time hanging out in a Spirited thread? They're not for the faint of heart...or for those who want strict adherence to something called a "topic." ;)

PhotoDave219

First time hanging out in a Spirited thread? They're not for the faint of heart...or for those who want strict adherence to something called a "topic." ;)
No… It's not for the faint of heart.
We really should make a required reading list for these threads. We tend to discuss everything from complex economic theory to the divine right of kings. Concepts that were barely brushed on in high school and that people thought they would never, ever, need to understand.

And then we go on rants about cheesesteaks. Go figure.

rle4lunch

No… It's not for the faint of heart.
We really should make a required reading list for these threads. We tend to discuss everything from complex economic theory to the divine right of kings. Concepts that were barely brushed on in high school and that people thought they would never, ever, need to understand.

And then we go on rants about cheesesteaks. Go figure.

I like cheesesteak. Pat's over Geno's for me.. Let the battle begin. go.

rle4lunch

Not the first time, but it is the first time I've been caught up on one (since I was online when he posted it). I just want the meat, not the gristle! lol

ABQ

If you use the name of a winter storm, which is just a marketing ploy by The Weather Channel, I will make fun of you faster than making fun of a lifestyler chaining themselves to Maelstrom or the hat.

Back to the snow.
Ha, I once ripped a friend of mine to shreds when he dared drop a #StupidStormName which was parroting the NBC Dumb Reality Weather Network. That channel just gives meteorology the worst name.

Bairstow

They were absolutely marketed as if they were though, from being released in cinemas to the eyes on the Backlot Tour planes, there was a deliberate attempt to make the uninformed viewer think Planes was a sequel to Cars from the same people.

This cynical short term thinking, with no thought whatsoever to how doing so - while selling a few extra tickets for sure - might cause long term damage to the public perceptions of what quality level to expect from Disney/Pixar animated movies, is sadly typical of today's TWDC.

I'm sure there was some thought put in to the decision to release Planes 2 to theaters, but the potential for merchandising won out.

IMG_5754.jpg

At least Planes 2 didn't make more money than Planes 1.

PhotoDave219

Walking by one of the downtown Disney food trucks and seeing prices, I honestly think they're missing the concept.

Food trucks are supposed to be inexpensive and good quality. Like the taco bus in St. Petersburg Florida. But when you're trying to sell me a grass fed slider for $9.50? You're clearly missing the conceptual idea of what a food truck is.

DisDan

Walking by one of the downtown Disney food trucks and seeing prices, I honestly think they're missing the concept.

Food trucks are supposed to be inexpensive and good quality. Like the taco bus in St. Petersburg Florida. But when you're trying to sell me a grass fed slider for $9.50? You're clearly missing the conceptual idea of what a food truck is.

LOL...Food Trucks and Disney just do not make sense in general.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

A grass fed slider in NYC is only 7 bucks or so around 115'th !!!!

Stevek

We have tons of food trucks here in So Cal. Most of them are terribly over-priced. It's all about the gimmick, and actually good food in many cases, but it's not about value at all. However, when they are charging $7.00+ for a regular old grilled cheese (yes, we have the grilled cheese truck), it's people getting caught up in the moment versus the actual food.

John

I'm a nice blend of capitalistic ideals without going all power hungry :) It comes from my analytical base... short-term results that cripple you long term are just lies. I'm a huge believer in setting objectives and constantly validating your choices against those objectives. If the choices conflict with those objectives, you need to step back and have everyone agree we are in conflict.. and decide if those objectives still are valid or if they should be updated. I'm a big opponent of lying to yourself as an organization.

I do believe in the value of good employees. I do believe in the notion of rewarding good work. I do believe that having employees that WANT to do the work is a huge part of your success. I am a huge believer in empowerment and flat organizations. But that also means I am cutthroat when it comes to bad employees, bad management, and failing to adhere to the principles we set for ourselves. I am against systems that reward mediocrity or protects it. I am against the notion of a 'living wage' in its design (it's flawed). I do believe in paying people well - but in return they need to perform. I am all for pruning dead wood.. and efficiently.

I do believe employee satisfaction is way beyond what their hourly rate is. I do believe how you treat employees and the work environment you create for them is more significant in retaining great people than just straight pay scales.

I view the employer and employee relationship as a symbiotic one - the employer selects candidates and nurtures them to better itself.

It's appalling to me that a company whose's primary 'product' has been customer service and guest satisfaction like Disney Parks does not act like it's front-line CMs are responsible for 'creating' that product and hence should be some of the company's most valuable assets.

And maybe that's what separates me from many readers on this site - I don't believe Disney's main output is POTC, or Splash Mountain or Sleeping Beauty... those are the specific ways Disney has delivered it's product. The real product Disney created were really amazing, wholesome, immersing experiences that brought you happiness and satisfaction. That is why the Disney company could reach out into so many different ways and be successful.. be it film, parks, cruises, whatever. The company is about that 'delight' they delivered.

When the company loses sight of that true objective... that's when they are steering it into the ground. And that is why I'm negative towards many of the company's actions of late... because they miss the bigger objectives in their smaller choices.

BRAVO!!!!!!! Standing ovation!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom