The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
ok so there's an alternate timeline where everything went horribly wrong
Thank goodness there's nothing about this project that would appeal to fanboys of both Disney AND Universal ;)

Thank you to both teams for the projects. I think this is the closest we have come to a Disney Adventure type event, but even so each project stands out on their own merits.

Unfortunately the last couple days have been a bit rough in the real world for me, so I won't be able to get the reviews for these projects given their length until Thursday at the earliest.

With that said, I've made this round non-elimination, as many of you were also dealing with things as well.

We will call today a mental health day. Please spend time with family, friends, enjoy the summer, chat amongst friends here, catch up on work, etc. We will resume the game with Book VII tomorrow - thank you!
Take care Space!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Thank you to both teams for the projects. I think this is the closest we have come to a Disney Adventure type event, but even so each project stands out on their own merits.

Unfortunately the last couple days have been a bit rough in the real world for me, so I won't be able to get the reviews for these projects given their length until Thursday at the earliest.

With that said, I've made this round non-elimination, as many of you were also dealing with things as well.

We will call today a mental health day. Please spend time with family, friends, enjoy the summer, chat amongst friends here, catch up on work, etc. We will resume the game with Book VII tomorrow - thank you!
I hope everything is okay in your world, friend. 🩷🩷

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Once again, thank you everyone for your patience and thanks to everyone who reached out as well. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back yet but it was acknowledged and it was appreciated. In the moment sometimes it's hard to respond. Long story short, we keep moving forward, and we are back on track. I hope to keep the imaginative spark going as we reach the 2nd half of the game. Let's get into the reviews:

BOOK VI REVIEWS
House Heimlichen
EPIC DREAMS

I love the title - it perfectly encapsulates the combo that this team was going for. And the presentation is spectacular, love the color patterns, in a way it perfectly models the colors from Season 7 of the game with the blues, pinks, purples. Not sure if that was intentional but I really liked it.

The character select screen was so well organized. We had everyone here. It was such a diverse lineup that this would definitely be a fun game to play. Disco Yeti vs Minions? Yensid vs Jimmy Fallon, the hilarious combos are endless.

The tag team system was super creative. Having a layer of strategy to the game would add more of an energic vibe I feel than anything else in the Smash series so far.

Going through each one of the players in this game described, I love that you all took this and ran with it in regards to the special combos, costumes, etc - this genuinely feels like a Smash game! And having the main menu slides as well adds to the realism.

The ticket system is also a genius move - I believe this was Tiki putting this together. Great concept all around. The stages and areas were described fantastically as well. And this may be personal, but I love all the attention to detail that was put into the past stories of SA and the gaslighting from SYWTBAI, I know this was Pi leading the charge on this and honestly if there are future imagineers who want to learn about these games, I think we should have them learn about the games through reading this half of the project lol

Overall, this was an incredible group project. Tiki as PM definitely led the charge, and the team seemed to have a great time putting it together. Even when it was known it was non-elimination they still wanted to go above and beyond to add an extra day or two in order to make this project the best it could be - and that they did. Great work!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
BOOK VI REVIEWS
House Tintirrino
SUPER SMASHERERS

The Smasherer's Apprentice! What a title. So I was viewing this on mobile and I didn't realize that this had to be viewed in presenter mode. Once I figured that out -- wow! Feels like loading screen to the actual game!

I gotta be honest, this presentation is legitimately insane. The amount of detail in this is beyond the scope I ever thought of for this project, but it is so well put together.

ABOUT
Starting with each of the collections of characters - under the SAUCE corporation - Sorcerer's Apprentice Universal Collective Entity - all of these packs were so well described. The American Mascot and Oddball packs are my favorites, mainly because of the amount of sheer detail into characters like Laffing Sal and Marty Moose. Love the inclusion of the European mascots as well.

STORY MODE
Really like the layout of this story from the world of Parkdom, I feel like this would be super fun to play around in - especially when you get to places like Echo Lake and then transition to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

FIGHT
This has to be one of my favorite components in a project of all time. The way that it feels like you are sorting through a game screen is unreal. Kudos to everyone's contributions here as it is genuinely challenging to put together and all the hours that went into it are definitely shown here on display.

ARENAS
All of the descriptions for the arenas as well are nicely done. Each has its own unique landscape and purpose within the context of the game. Fighting on top of Mt Helios in DisneySky, or the turn of the century Ferris Wheel in Americana 1900, would be such a great scenic area for a fight to take place in.

Teamwork
Similar to Heimlichen, this team worked very well together. Similar to Heimlichen, there were some players that were more well-versed in Super Smash than others, but everyone who could contributed to the best of their abilities. Ace led the charge and they really did a great job at keeping this organized throughout the week process of designing this behemoth of the project. All around I'm glad that everyone was able to work together and have fun doing this as that was one of the goals of this round was to have fun working on something together - all around fantastic job!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
BOOK VI RESULTS

House Heimlichen and House Tintirrino!
These two projects are just too hard to separate. Each honestly could be up for contention at the year end awards for best project. Maybe that's recency bias but I think both deserve their time in the sun.

And... both project managers deserve their time as well. Both @TheOriginalTiki AND @AceAstro will receive immunity from elimination in Book VII, and, a special award: The Magic Lamp

This will allow the user 1 wish throughout the remainder of Act 2. The details of how the wish can be granted will be described to them in a separate PM.

Congratulations to everyone! Let's keep moving forward into Book VII!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
6H5I0yH.jpeg

After a long and arduous week in the virtual realm, the teams got a message from somewhere beyond... Maleficent
vLKzxSK.jpeg

"Wait, she's a hero now?" @Earlie the Pearlie asked

"She sacrificed herself for the SAU" @AceAstro replied "What do you have to tell us?"

"The SAU is still continuing to be shrowded in darkness by the Horned King" Maleficent told the group. "You have managed to dodge him left and right, but you're running out of time. He will soon catch up to you and you'll need villains on your side"

"Villains?" @D Hulk stated... "you mean?"
piPLEqJ.jpeg

"Yes those villains" Maleficent confirmed

"But what about..." @Pi on my Cake wondered...

Gxijwpp.jpeg

"Yes, you'll need corporate Disney on your side too" Maleficent stated

"And where would we be finding these people? Do I need to turn back to Harley Quinn?? " @Tegan pilots a chicken asked

"Not yet...but even the villains are afraid of the Horned King, they have only one sanctuary left, and they are all hiding there..." Maleficent pointed the imagineers to the map and sent them off to their next destination...

zrMudIG.jpeg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
KXcKeKw.jpeg

VqQMJNK.jpeg

Welcome to Disney's Dark Kingdom - at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort!

Originally created and designed from Season 5 of The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Your task will be to design a Halloween-Nighttime Special-Ticket Event for Disney's Dark Kingdom

- You can choose to make this event more adult-oriented akin to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, or you could choose a tamer version similar to Not-So-Scary
- Your event may include but not limited to walk-through scare mazes, parades, fireworks, food, and anything else in-between to make it stand out.
- To go along peripherally with the book's title, you must include the Scarlet Witch somewhere in the project.

Project Managers:
House Heimlichen - @Outbound
House Tintirrino - @Mr. Sullivan

The Magic Lamp
-- Available wishes for Book VII--
(To be announced, stay tuned)

This Book will be due Saturday August 24th at 11:59PM PST

Any questions feel free to ask, thank you and enjoy!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Original Website for Disney's Dark Kingdom
(est 2019...oof)

Original Website for Disney's Dark Kingdom
(est 2019...oof)

HMM...
1723923510060.png

1723923658018.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom