The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The WHAT?!
I realize this is several days later, but it was an inside joke reference to one of my favorite projects from the last season of SYTBAI that became a running joke there. I was tasked with a solo project to improve Fast & Furious Supercharged and decided that there was no fixing it so I made a 5 year plan for Universal to gaslight people into thinking it was good. Fun stuff lol

Chaos Cat

I realize this is several days later, but it was an inside joke reference to one of my favorite projects from the last season of SYTBAI that became a running joke there. I was tasked with a solo project to improve Fast & Furious Supercharged and decided that there was no fixing it so I made a 5 year plan for Universal to gaslight people into thinking it was good. Fun stuff lol
AND you made me take the fall for it! 😤 Had to hide from the cops so long I died! (I got better)

cdunlap

This actually won?!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
2AEELht.png

This park is super dark and nuanced and adult, so we thought the best course of action was a direct port of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

(Click the picture to see the event and be sure not to read any mysterious books)

Mr. Sullivan

Tjw050I.png

With a park as dark as Disney's Dark Kingdom, it seems Disney has realized that their fans can handle more than a not so scary party. With that in mind, it 2024 Disney is aiming to really up the scare factor. If that sounds like your idea of a spooky good time, then allow the fine folks at TDR Explorer to guide you through Hong Kong Disneyland's exciting new Halloween hard ticket which promises to be the scariest event to happen at a Disney park since that time Michael Eisner tried to speak French.

cdunlap

View attachment 811552
HULK SOLO PRESENT...

View attachment 811553

Ambient reading music:

I secretly used @AceAstro's wish without his knowing to change the location of this prompt. This didn't impact my contributions to Team Tintirrino, I was simply having some solo fun and keeping myself sane.

Las Momias De Guanajuato sounds legitimately terrifying just by virtue of its subject alone! For the unaware, just don't look it up unless you want to be disturbed by desiccated and naturally preserved corpses! You have been warned!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
BOOK VII REVIEWS

House Heimlichen
Carnival of Chaos

I'm glad that this was the final product. While I can understand certain prompts not meshing with everyone's styles, I don't think any prompt is niche enough in this game to not find something within it to do. That said, what I felt was a huge advantage for this team was having the main designer of Disney's Dark Kingdom as the project manager, but life got in the way I would assume and that left the team sort of looking for a guide. And while changing the prompt location to something more familiar was admirable, I think in the end it would not have done much to change the trajectory of the team. So I'm glad that you were able to come together and produce this project which in the end turned out very nice!

The joke being this is a happy not-so-scary party in the 'dark kingdom' I do think would have been an ironic twist and if done well could have been a shoe-in to win (just saying) but I do love the Carnival of Chaos theme with Agatha taking over the Scarlet Witch's powers and transforming the park.

The Brutal Circus was an intriguing way of starting off the project. It naturally fits with the circus theme and definitely would be a scary Disney maze. The fireworks show was also a fun addition. Marvel Zombies headlined this series and was done really well. The setting of an ominous, apocalyptic Coney Island was an interesting choice, was that something from the series itself? Just curious why Coney Island (other than the Steve Rogers tie-in) was chosen as the location. Being quite the elaborate maze, I could definitely see this being the highlight of anyone's trip. The Scarlet Witch zombie mirrors would be horrific. I love the story and how well the characters blend in with one another and with the surroundings. Even having Doom played by RDJ was an interesting choice, a hint of things to come. Galactic Threat 6446 was a great way of incorporating the Drive Yards of Star Wars into a horror setting.

Also want to shout out @OSUPhantom for this round - really strong work, all of the auxiliary mazes mixed with the fireworks show really rounded out this project well. And to @Pi on my Cake as well for this great presentation. Continuing on, the Monsters of the Inner Swamp overlay was well-written and so creative. The streetmosphere, scare zones, and interactive game really sell this project and make it feel complete. I really must say this team did a great job working on this project. Like I said in the beginning, I'm glad you stuck with it because it just goes to show the power of teamwork. What works for one might not work for another but at the end of the day, the finished product is something to be proud of.

House Tintirrino
Kingdom of the Witch

The theme of this one was so well put together. Kudos to @Mr. Sullivan for truly taking the lead on this one in terms of managing this concept from start to finish. Similar to Heimlichen, the incorporation of Scarlet Witch was so well done. Both of these teams out of the gate made Scarlet Witch integral figures, I was going to chime in and say originally my thought was that she didn't have to be a central figure, just something to add some nuance to the prompt, but it ended up being a great implementation of her being the 'big bad' so I didn't say anything. Really neat concept for a villains park. And while this team also contemplated the idea of changing the venue, I'm again glad that you kept with it.

The website taking into account the TDR is a great way of presenting the project. Some of the links at the top open up new tabs for me, but if I read from start to finish without using the tabs it works fine. The 'Seven' Deadly Sins as the backdrop is very cleaver and is a way to enhance every land of the park cohesively. I also like how each of the mazes are categorized as a different level of scare and thrill so that families have options for less intense mazes and then the thrill seekers can venue to more mature settings.

Once again each of the houses representing a deadly sin was a great way of incorporating classic Disney villains under one roof. While a map would have been nice to see where the various mazes were throughout the land, it overall was well itemized for each of the areas. The House of Envy in particular was a great was of including eclectic villains. I would have never expected to see the Evil Queen and Randall Boggs in the same setting. The frozen Jogen fruit pie sounds really good! I appreciate the subtle nod to the Bayou Noire as well in Las Vegas as we transition into the House of Desire and Black Bayou, really well done here. The House of Pride also has some great elements as well, in particular the pop of food booth As Gaston. House of Excess and Sloth felt like they fit the environments perfectly, with Pleasure Island and Wonderland respectfully. The finale stage as well as the parade and nighttime show were so well crafted that it really brought the themes of this nighttime event together. Like was mentioned in the beginning, this was one of @Mr. Sullivan 's finest hours. Truly coming together as a project manager not only on one of the more challenging prompts of the year, but wrangling together the team to produce something to be proud of.

-------------------

I know it can be said in many of the rounds, but this is probably one of the hardest decisions of the game. Congratulations to both teams on jobs well done!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Game Update:
Before we move onto the results and next project, @CookieMouse has decided to step down from the game. We thank them for their passion and enthusiasm especially in the early rounds being a vital part of their teams.

There will be no further eliminations this round as Cookie fills the role. So regardless of the results, everyone else will be advancing to Book VIII. Thank you, Cookie

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Book VII Results

House Tintirrino
This was incredibly close, but the combination of teamwork, leadership from @Mr. Sullivan ,attention to detail with the park's landscape, and overall theme gave the very slight edge over Heimlichen. Where Heimlichen shined was the presentation, map, and some of the highlight mazes such as Zombies, but I think what would have helped give the push over the top was beyond their control. Real world limited the team's contributions especially from the managerial standpoint, which allowed Tintirrino the opportunity to swoop in for the win. Congrats to both teams and let's move on to Book VIII

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
M2e1dFZ.jpeg

The imagineers gathered themselves after making allies with the villains, and now had more of a chance standing up against The Horned King in the end.

"See look at where all that imagineering brought you fellas" Hades snickered "Back to us..."

"Yeah yeah" @AceAstro replied "We still have more allies on our radar though"

"Oh yeah?" @Lord Fozzinator retorted "Who could possibly be better to help us than the villains"

The creative portal brought the imagineers from Hong Kong Disneyland to their next destination...and a furry green puppet and fuzzy brown puppet greeted them at the gates...
enhance-4-jpeg.290429

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
M2e1dFZ.jpeg

The imagineers gathered themselves after making allies with the villains, and now had more of a chance standing up against The Horned King in the end.

"See look at where all that imagineering brought you fellas" Hades snickered "Back to us..."

"Yeah yeah" @AceAstro replied "We still have more allies on our radar though"

"Oh yeah?" @Lord Fozzinator retorted "Who could possibly be better to help us than the villains"

The creative portal brought the imagineers from Hong Kong Disneyland to their next destination...and a furry green puppet and fuzzy brown puppet greeted them at the gates...
enhance-4-jpeg.290429
Woohoo! I love SAU Studios!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom