The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
M2e1dFZ.jpeg

The imagineers gathered themselves after making allies with the villains, and now had more of a chance standing up against The Horned King in the end.

"See look at where all that imagineering brought you fellas" Hades snickered "Back to us..."

"Yeah yeah" @AceAstro replied "We still have more allies on our radar though"

"Oh yeah?" @Lord Fozzinator retorted "Who could possibly be better to help us than the villains"

The creative portal brought the imagineers from Hong Kong Disneyland to their next destination...and a furry green puppet and fuzzy brown puppet greeted them at the gates...
enhance-4-jpeg.290429
Hmm I wonder who those 2 characters are 🤔

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
bssOKLL.jpeg

71-IELIakAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Welcome to the Disney-MGM Studios! Inside, the park has seen some changes over the years, with one of the vital adjustments being the enhancement of the Muppet footprint with the Great Muppet Movie Ride among other additions in Muppet City!

You can find the full project here.

However, for this prompt, knowledge of the park is appreciated, but not needed. Because we are dealing exclusively with our Henson created puppet pals.

For this task, design a Broadway-style show based on the Muppets to be placed in Muppet City at Disney-MGM Studios

- Original songs, scores, and scripts are encouraged - have fun with it!
- Make it as zany, whimsical, and entertaining as you'd like.
- For practicality sake, you can decide to go the Avenue Q route for the show, or design something new entirely.

Project Managers
House Heimlichen - @Lord Fozzinator
House Tintirrino - @Earlie the Pearlie

This Book is due Sunday September 1st at 11:59PM PST

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
M2e1dFZ.jpeg

The imagineers gathered themselves after making allies with the villains, and now had more of a chance standing up against The Horned King in the end.

"See look at where all that imagineering brought you fellas" Hades snickered "Back to us..."

"Yeah yeah" @AceAstro replied "We still have more allies on our radar though"

"Oh yeah?" @Lord Fozzinator retorted "Who could possibly be better to help us than the villains"

The creative portal brought the imagineers from Hong Kong Disneyland to their next destination...and a furry green puppet and fuzzy brown puppet greeted them at the gates...
enhance-4-jpeg.290429
Yesssssss back to SAU Studios!!!!

TheOriginalTiki

Steve Rogers being from Brooklyn was absolutely the jumping off point for using Coney Island. I don't believe it was ever in the comics, but I think it's an iconic New York location that could actually be used more in the wider MCU New York. Once I had the idea of doing the toppled over Wonder Wheel as the maze entrance, everything else fell into place pretty easily. I think I got a little too ambitious with the story (Bucky's "with you to the end of the line" moment was maybe a bit too theatrical for a constantly rotating maze...) but I'm definitely proud of the set pieces.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Upcoming Schedule

As we pass the 2 month mark of the game and beyond the halfway mark, I wanted to go over how the remaining schedule is tentatively laid out so that we can plan ahead. The schedule was modified slightly from the original version (but that can be explained after the season in the behind the scenes stuff).

Tentative Schedule
Book VIII: It's Not Easy Being Green, August 26th-September 1st
Book IX: All Creatures Great and Small, September 2nd - September 3rd
---- End of Act 2----
Book X: September 3rd - September 9th
Book XI: September 10th - September 18th
Book XII: September 19th - September 26th
----End of Act 3----
Winner Reveal: September 27th

How many players in each book is honestly dependent on eagerness and excitement. Very understanding since school/work have picked up in late Aug/September that people's schedules may change, or they may not. But regardless hope this helps planning things going forward. Any questions by all means feel free to ask. Thanks and enjoy the Muppets!

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Upcoming Schedule

As we pass the 2 month mark of the game and beyond the halfway mark, I wanted to go over how the remaining schedule is tentatively laid out so that we can plan ahead. The schedule was modified slightly from the original version (but that can be explained after the season in the behind the scenes stuff).

Tentative Schedule
Book IX: Of Mice and Men, September 2nd - September 3rd
---- End of Act 2----
----End of Act 3----

How many players in each book is honestly dependent on eagerness and excitement. Very understanding since school/work have picked up in late Aug/September that people's schedules may change, or they may not. But regardless hope this helps planning things going forward. Any questions by all means feel free to ask. Thanks and enjoy the Muppets!

And we’re not slowing down after that!!!

D2B74182-0C11-429F-98FC-EA1EAF35DC4D.png

TheSquirrel

Upcoming Schedule

Tentative Schedule
Book IX: Of Mice and Men, September 2nd - September 3rd
---- End of Act 2----
----End of Act 3----

Any late additions of contestant?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Just a friendly reminder that projects will be due tonight at 11:59 PM PST

Since next round is a short (and hopefully fun) end to Act 2, there will be no book specific eliminations after these projects.

Instead, at the end of Book IX I will look at the total participation in all of Act 2 (and the game as a whole if needed) to decide who will go on the Orient Express and who will get a Fastpass to Act 3.

Thanks again for all your efforts this season, looking forward to the projects!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Speaking of OSC - I should probably get those week-old reviews done... I'm never hosting a OSC ever again lmao
We've all been there lol

Question for the next few rounds and the playoffs, are you all liking the pacific standard time due dates?

Or would you prefer to covert back to eastern time?
I'm not picky either way. The extra couple hour buffer is nice though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom