The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

cdunlap

giphy.gif

HULK WANT PLAY!
He’s still alive! Yay!

JokersWild

Question of the Day

Back to imagineering focus from the delicious desserts...

What initially got you interested in imagineering?

(I can say for me it was riding Spaceship Earth as a pre-teen, (the pre-2007 version), the scene transition, the atmosphere, the smells, the sounds, it was something that truly stuck with me and got me interested in designing attractions and imagineering content as a hobby)
I probably always was? I was one of those kids that was obsessed with making-of featurettes. One of my favorite computer “games” was the 1998 WDW Explorer which I played incessantly. This grew into an obsession with EPCOT and Martinsvids and it snowballed from there.

ThemeParkPriest

Question of the Day

(I can say for me it was riding Spaceship Earth as a pre-teen, (the pre-2007 version), the scene transition, the atmosphere, the smells, the sounds, it was something that truly stuck with me and got me interested in designing attractions and imagineering content as a hobby)
I'll say experiencing the transportation systems (especially the monorails) at WDW and Disneyland is what got me first interested.
Joe Rohde, didn't you write that?
I probably always was? I was one of those kids that was obsessed with making-of featurettes. One of my favorite computer “games” was the 1998 WDW Explorer which I played incessantly. This grew into an obsession with EPCOT and Martinsvids and it snowballed from there.
Oh yeah! The WDW Explorer! Find the Hidden Mickey's!

AceAstro

WOW! Looks like an expansion is coming to Disneyland!

View attachment 291777
(You can click the image for the link or you can click here.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Note: Preferred device is a computer/ tablet. Known issues of text being cut off by images on a phone.​
This reminds me I have to find my old site again.

I had made a custom site for the finale of Season 4 that expired long ago. I should still have all of the code somewhere...

Evilgidgit

I won't be participating sadly, as I want to focus on my own projects. Hope you don't mind a little self promotion, but I set up a little poll for people to vote on what my next project will be (or what you prefer).

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I tried this, and I’m so glad I did.
I missed some of the dynamics and story progression, but those projects were awesome. I particularly loved that one project that was completely nuts, kind of terrifying, and absolutely hilarious to read. Especially because of how different it was from what everyone else did. I think you can tell what I’m talking about (giant 🕷️s!)

Only one project went completely nuts by your standards? Shocking lol

Memory might be fuzzy, but you're talking about the post apocalyptic Frontierland I'm a ruined Las Vegas, right? LOVED working on that one

Of course! I think its craziness was emphasized by how relatively restrained and realistic (and similar) the other two proposals in that challenge were. I also think that often the crazier projects come from zanier prompts, so it was hilarious to me to have no idea how point B came from point A.

It gets extra crazy when you add @Tegan pilots a chicken to a team lol

Awwwww!!! 🥰💖
Thanks everyone!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day

Being at WDW as a kid in the early 90s. Especially EPCOT Center. That place fascinated and captivated me and it’s been a lifelong obsession ever since.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Magic Journeys Cast

And with that...we are locked in! The cast of Season 8 is complete! Really excited for everyone new and returning, I hope to make this as enjoyable for everyone as possible!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Magic Journeys Cast

And with that...we are locked in! The cast of Season 8 is complete! Really excited for everyone new and returning, I hope to make this as enjoyable for everyone as possible!
WHAT A CAST!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom