The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

Disney Dad 3000

the-office-yeah.gif

Earlie the Pearlie

Reading via the first post links to all the projects will definitely help for season 7!
I tried this, and I’m so glad I did.
I missed some of the dynamics and story progression, but those projects were awesome. I particularly loved that one project that was completely nuts, kind of terrifying, and absolutely hilarious to read. Especially because of how different it was from what everyone else did. I think you can tell what I’m talking about (giant 🕷️s!)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I missed some of the dynamics and story progression, but those projects were awesome. I particularly loved that one project that was completely nuts, kind of terrifying, and absolutely hilarious to read. Especially because of how different it was from what everyone else did. I think you can tell what I’m talking about (giant 🕷️s!)
Only one project went completely nuts by your standards? Shocking lol

Memory might be fuzzy, but you're talking about the post apocalyptic Frontierland I'm a ruined Las Vegas, right? LOVED working on that one

Earlie the Pearlie

Only one project went completely nuts by your standards? Shocking lol

Memory might be fuzzy, but you're talking about the post apocalyptic Frontierland I'm a ruined Las Vegas, right? LOVED working on that one
Of course! I think its craziness was emphasized by how relatively restrained and realistic (and similar) the other two proposals in that challenge were. I also think that often the crazier projects come from zanier prompts, so it was hilarious to me to have no idea how point B came from point A.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Of course! I think its craziness was emphasized by how relatively restrained and realistic (and similar) the other two proposals in that challenge were. I also think that often the crazier projects come from zanier prompts, so it was hilarious to me to have no idea how point B came from point A.
It gets extra crazy when you add @Tegan pilots a chicken to a team lol

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Magic Journeys Cast

(as of today)
Guest Reviewers
@cdunlap
@Disney Warrior

So welcome everyone and thanks so much for the interest!

While I think we all would love to have as many people as possible join, the way things are designed I think the best gameplay would be starting with 3 Teams of 7 (maybe 8) players each - this way the teams aren't 'too' big and everyone can contribute from the start without feeling there's too many cooks in the kitchen.

And with 20 signed up - we can leave the sign-ups open for a little bit longer, but get to know the cast you see above because it's almost final!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Great! Really excited to see how much research you're putting in - I think it'll make the experience that much more enjoyable for you!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Question of the Day

Back to imagineering focus from the delicious desserts...

What initially got you interested in imagineering?

(I can say for me it was riding Spaceship Earth as a pre-teen, (the pre-2007 version), the scene transition, the atmosphere, the smells, the sounds, it was something that truly stuck with me and got me interested in designing attractions and imagineering content as a hobby)

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Question of the Day

Just going to the Disney parks and the motivation to make the parks better than there current versions. Also it being all make believe also helps since I don’t have to worry about construction deadlines and cost.

Earlie the Pearlie

Question of the Day

(I can say for me it was riding Spaceship Earth as a pre-teen, (the pre-2007 version), the scene transition, the atmosphere, the smells, the sounds, it was something that truly stuck with me and got me interested in designing attractions and imagineering content as a hobby)
I’ll give you all a bit of a story…
When I was little, my family would go to WDW all the time (and we often still do!). I LOVED it. It was just the greatest thing I’d ever seen. Every time we’d go anywhere, I would think about how it was like Disney World, and how it could be more like Disney World. And just getting to go there was the greatest gift ever. As I got older, I discovered that there was actually other people who made them. It just blew my mind, and I knew right there that that was something I wanted to try. So I read the Imagineering field guides, and old coffee table books to find out more about the parks. I told everyone on earth that that was what I wanted to be: an Imagineer. None of my peers ever really got that, and I kind of drifted away from it, but then I discovered all of the people who did get it on the internet. So then I devoured every single piece of information that I could find, and I discovered WDWMagic, and here I am now!

PerGron

Question of the Day

IMG_7852.jpeg

TheOriginalTiki

It's kind of crazy how outdated those books already are, but for their time they were absolutely essential reading.

I think for me it's very much a passion I was literally born with. As early as my toddler years I was fascinated with the "Disneyland Fun" sing-along and watched it on a loop. When I was like six years old I tried to build a "roller coaster" out of a pile of old wood in my backyard. I was always super into the idea of designing "haunted house" layouts for the front yard on Halloween. It's been with me as long as I can remember.

TheOriginalTiki

There was Animal Kingdom books. Huh, you learn something new everyday I guess.
It was a whole series of "Imagineering Field Guides". They had one for each WDW park and also one for Disneyland (pretty sure that combined the original park with DCA) They were literally pocket sized and packed with rare concept art and cool tidbits/stories. Easily some of the best Imagineering books that have ever been released. They were just so digestible and fun to read. I definitely remember taking them into the actual park with me on more than one occasion.

Side tangent: A thread on old Imagineering books could certainly be a fun idea. I don't remember if we ever had something like that.

WaltWiz1901

Question of the Day

It was a combination of some of the anthology series clips included in the Disney Sing Along Songs videos ("it's a small world" in Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah and Pirates of the Caribbean in Heigh-Ho), the video Disneyland Fun, and the Travel Channel documentaries on Walt Disney World and Disneyland that got me hooked into the art of Imagineering and what an Imagineer does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom