The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
That was definitely one of the more challenging tasks from memory, but while I do have the list of prompt for the game, I am willing to take suggestions of what the players would like to do as well!

So with that we come to today's...

Question of the Day

Are there topics/challenges that you always wanted to do in an imagineering game?
(While I can't guarantee they all get in, I'd be happy to know what the people want!)
Fix Hollywood Land at California Adventure but you have to keep the original superstar limo with only minor improvements such as facade, queue, better animatronics, or screens.

CookieMouse

would also be nice to see a cartoon related challenge like that one from years ago! I was only about 12 then, and considering i’m nearly 20 years old now, it would be nice to do something similar and use all that mental growth i’ve had(i think it had to do with echo lake)

CookieMouse

The reason internet avenue was so weird and underutilized was exactly because I was 12 and didn’t know a lot of stuff about internet animation. Hence the “genius” combination of annoying orange, charlie the unicorn, and bee and puppycat. If I got a chance to reimagine it, I think I could definitely make some improvements

WaltWiz1901

Question of the Day

Are there topics/challenges that you always wanted to do in an imagineering game?
(While I can't guarantee they all get in, I'd be happy to know what the people want!)
Here's a couple I'd be more than happy to partake in:
  • Work on either a Fantasyland expansion or a Fantasyland scratchbuild (for a new park)
  • Same as above, but for Adventureland (like we did with DLP's version in the first round of Citrus Dreamin')
  • Redo Universal Studios Florida's KidZone or Islands of Adventure's Lost Continent (specifically to another literature-based land)

TheOriginalTiki

That was definitely one of the more challenging tasks from memory, but while I do have the list of prompt for the game, I am willing to take suggestions of what the players would like to do as well!

Question of the Day

Meow Wolf designing a full theme park land

JokersWild

Question of the Day

I’ve been thinking a lot about what Tokyo would do if they closed Splash. It’s so ingrained into the design of Critter Country that it’d be a huge undertaking to update.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If I may make a suggestion @spacemt354, if there were 3 teams maybe it could be the new imagineers, the middle of the road imagineers, and the imagineers that have been here the longest.
It's a good idea, but I don't think we'd have enough to fill every team fairly and I think there is something to be gained by having a mix of perspectives on all teams

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Will keep all of these in mind - can't promise they will all be part of the game but I'll try to fit these ideas in as seamlessly as possible.

Y'know what could be fun? Maybe doing something with comic strips. Like, an update of Toon Lagoon with more well-known comic strip characters.
I mean, Epic Universe is pretty topical right now… expanding it might make a cool challenge!
I absolutely love seeing rides fit into the tiniest spaces imaginable. Daemonen Gruft at Heide Park (i think thats what it’s called) is probably the most recent example of mine that I love. They fit a 3 minute ghost train ride into a 4,000 sqft space that used to merely be a station for a log flume. The big theme park players sadly don’t do this as much, and like big blockbuster movies can take up more space than necessary. Something like galaxys edge is detailed, sure, but when Super Nintendo World has the exact same amount of rides, plus interactive games and a additional expansion featuring a roller coaster in a fraction of the space, it kinda makes me harder on disney for not maximizing the usage of space like they used to.

Fix Hollywood Land at California Adventure but you have to keep the original superstar limo with only minor improvements such as facade, queue, better animatronics, or screens.
would also be nice to see a cartoon related challenge like that one from years ago! I was only about 12 then, and considering i’m nearly 20 years old now, it would be nice to do something similar and use all that mental growth i’ve had(i think it had to do with echo lake)
Oh! Or like a redo/alternate new fantasyland, doing something instead of seven dwarfs or be our guest, or even a retheme of swsa instead of fairytale hall
Here's a couple I'd be more than happy to partake in:
  • Work on either a Fantasyland expansion or a Fantasyland scratchbuild (for a new park)
  • Same as above, but for Adventureland (like we did with DLP's version in the first round of Citrus Dreamin')
  • Redo Universal Studios Florida's KidZone or Islands of Adventure's Lost Continent (specifically to another literature-based land)
Meow Wolf designing a full theme park land
I’ve been thinking a lot about what Tokyo would do if they closed Splash. It’s so ingrained into the design of Critter Country that it’d be a huge undertaking to update.

TheOriginalTiki

Question of the Day

Favorite dessert?​
I've randomly developed a later-in-life craving for chocolate cake after realizing it didn't have the same food allergy affects on me that white cake does. Soooo many missed childhood birthday cakes :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Tried a banana for the first time in decades the other day hoping for a similar "the food allergy from childhood doesn't really apply as an adult" result and...nope :p :p

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
May or may not join. Depends on if I can come up with a good bit for this, because I just can't resist forcing my nonsense into a narative.

Also, new avatar.

View attachment 790780
Maybe the real bit was the friends we've made along the way?

I forgot entirely about the holiday special! So many fun memories with these games
Century City! I remember working on that too! Lots of fun and it was one of my first projects here! I think I added a How it Should Have Ended scavenger hunt to your internet alley lol

CookieMouse

Maybe the real bit was the friends we've made along the way?

I forgot entirely about the holiday special! So many fun memories with these games

Century City! I remember working on that too! Lots of fun and it was one of my first projects here! I think I added a How it Should Have Ended scavenger hunt to your internet alley lol
I would probably replace that entire idea with a mueseum or show dedicated to the history of indie animation, or even just have it as some place for people to watch pilots/animated shorts and use it as a sort of focus group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom