The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

D Hulk

Tearing down what is perhaps the greatest roller coaster in the world is a bold, bold move. Intrigued to see what you do to stand in its place!
giphy.gif

cdunlap

So, I used my photo editing skills to make some artistic depictions of places in Greece.

1. Damouchari (Dah-Moo-Ha-Ree) Beach
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-29-19.jpeg

2. An Island Pool
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-29-51.jpeg

3. A mountaintop church in Skopelos (Skoh-Pel-Ohs)
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-31-07.jpeg

4. Kastani (Caw-Staw-Knee) Beach on Skopelos Island
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-31-42.jpeg

5. Glysteri (Glee-Stair-Ee) Beach on Skopelos Island
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-32-26.jpeg

6. Skiathos (Ski-Ah-Thos) Harbor
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-32-47.jpeg

7. An Island Balcony With Coffee
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-33-31.jpeg

8. A Greek Beach
BeCasso-2024-08-01-07-33-58.jpeg

cdunlap

For as great as this looks and I'm sure it's overall a better ride, it's tough to compete with the wow factor that is Time Traveler's vertical drop straight out of the station. Plus I'm just generally a bigger fan of coasters that interact with the terrain.
1._SDC_Time_Traveler_drop_mb_7158.jpg
I was traumatized by the Dahlonega Mine Train at Six Flags Over Georgia, I don’t think I could even handle this one!

Chaos Cat

Been thinking about the idea of Capcom at Universal for some reason. One idea that stuck out is a "Universal vs. Capcom" stunt show that changes seansonally to account for the many IPs that would be involved and keep the shows from feeling bloaded. Probably not going to due a full write-up, but can you imagine: Darkstalkers vs Universal Monsters, Doc Brown and Marty McFly turning up 21XX with the Mega Man X crew, the inevitable Marvel vs Capcom show if this was in Florida...

cdunlap

Anyone else here listen to ABBA?

BTW, if you don’t listen to ABBA, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get started! You can choose whatever song you want, but here are some of my favorites, most of which are featured in the 2008 blockbuster film Mamma Mia! and its 2018 sequel Mamma Mia!-Here We Go Again!, two of my personal favorite films of all time!:
Mamma Mia
Dancing Queen
Take A Chance On Me
Money, Money, Money
Voulez Vous
Angeleyes
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
Waterloo
Fernando
Chiquitita
Lay All Your Love On Me
Under Attack
I Have A Dream
Honey Honey
One Of Us
The Winner Takes It All
Knowing Me, Knowing You
Super Trouper
(I have to admit it, the Mamma Mia! films are an excellent gateway into the music of ABBA, so if you want to watch the Mamma Mia! films before, during, or after you listen to ABBA, I say go for it!)

Last edited:

JokersWild

How many spinners is too many spinners?

So I'm working on a map for my Dinoland project (HERE if you want to see the briefest of peeks at what's coming) and I'm trying to figure out my flatrides. I had three in mind - Triceratops Spin, a teacups ride, and a cliffhanger. But, like, that's way too many spinning rides right next to each other right? They're all of different thrill levels and definitely sell the kitschiness of Dino-Rama, but I'm still conflicted. Should I cut one for a different non-spinning flatride like a drop tower? Is it ok the way it is? Is there something else entirely that could go in that space?

Half of the problem is that the Boneyard footprint is a lot bigger than I thought it was lol. I've already put a counter service in part of that plot, but I still have SO much space.

All this because I'm procrastinating on my Sorcerer's Apprentice project.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
How many spinners is too many spinners?

So I'm working on a map for my Dinoland project (HERE if you want to see the briefest of peeks at what's coming) and I'm trying to figure out my flatrides. I had three in mind - Triceratops Spin, a teacups ride, and a cliffhanger. But, like, that's way too many spinning rides right next to each other right? They're all of different thrill levels and definitely sell the kitschiness of Dino-Rama, but I'm still conflicted. Should I cut one for a different non-spinning flatride like a drop tower? Is it ok the way it is? Is there something else entirely that could go in that space?

Half of the problem is that the Boneyard footprint is a lot bigger than I thought it was lol. I've already put a counter service in part of that plot, but I still have SO much space.

All this because I'm procrastinating on my Sorcerer's Apprentice project.
Honestly I think three is okay but probably no more than that. One of them should absolutely be Spinosaurus themed.

Have you considered a variation of Pteranodon Fliers for Dinoland? Cause like,… that would be pretty neato 🥹

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Anyone else here listen to ABBA?

BTW, if you don’t listen to ABBA, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get started! You can choose whatever song you want, but here are some of my favorites, most of which are featured in the 2008 blockbuster film Mamma Mia! and its 2018 sequel Mamma Mia!-Here We Go Again!, two of my personal favorite films of all time!:
Mamma Mia
Dancing Queen
Take A Chance On Me
Money, Money, Money
Voulez Vous
Angeleyes
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
Waterloo
Fernando
Chiquitita
Lay All Your Love On Me
Under Attack
I Have A Dream
Honey Honey
One Of Us
The Winner Takes It All
Knowing Me, Knowing You
Super Trouper
(I have to admit it, the Mamma Mia! films are an excellent gateway into the music of ABBA, so if you want to watch the Mamma Mia! films before, during, or after you listen to ABBA, I say go for it!)
I enjoy ABBA *and* A-Teens

Mr. Sullivan

For as great as this looks and I'm sure it's overall a better ride, it's tough to compete with the wow factor that is Time Traveler's vertical drop straight out of the station. Plus I'm just generally a bigger fan of coasters that interact with the terrain.
1._SDC_Time_Traveler_drop_mb_7158.jpg
The biggest way that Time Traveller will never compete with Ride to Happiness is that Time Traveller has spin control. Ride to Happiness doesn't. You can and will go absolutely nutso with spinning on Ride to Happiness and with the elements it has, that can be insane. That's why most who have ridden both drastically prefer RtH over TT.

JokersWild

Honestly I think three is okay but probably no more than that. One of them should absolutely be Spinosaurus themed.

Have you considered a variation of Pteranodon Fliers for Dinoland? Cause like,… that would be pretty neato 🥹
Great! I hadn’t considered Spinosaurus, but I love that pun lol. In my current plan, pteranodons will be represented in the Cliffhanger. There will be a coaster coming to Dinoland, though!

cdunlap

I wrote this in 9th Grade, but just now released it for y’all to see! I’m about to enter 11th grade!
FUTURE WORLD:

Minor updates happen to Spaceship Earth and The Land

Wonders Of Chemistry (Replacing the old Wonders Of Life Pavilion, Wonders Of Chemistry takes guests to a square with a mosaic of the Periodic Table Of Elements on the ground. Guests here can learn more about the Elements on Elemental Voyage, a dark ride taking guests through the Periodic Table Of Elements. This is totally not me projecting how much I enjoyed a Chemistry class I took in 9th Grade even if it was just for one d)

The Living Seas (A removal of the Nemo theming featuring a ride portion that explores the history of seafaring and underwater exploration)

WORLD SHOWCASE:

Canada gets a small museum showcasing the art of Norval Morisseau, an Indigenous artist whose artwork is renowned throughout Canada and a small rapids ride themed to Niagara Falls.

The UK gets a dark ride taking guests through London and a walkthrough based on Shakespeare’s The Tempest.

France gets a walkthrough based on the famous Catacombs of Paris and a dark ride based on the Montmarte District of Paris in the early 1900s when famous artists like Gertrude Stein and Pablo Picasso resided there.

Morocco gets a dark ride taking guests through a medieval Berber tomb in the Atlad Mountains and a new restaurant since Restaurant Marrakesh closed.

Peru Pavilion takes guests into an Inca city where they can ride Huayna Picchu, a coaster taking guests into the mountain of Machu Picchu in search of the tomb of Inca Emperor Pachacuti.

Japan gets Kamikakushi, a dark ride/coaster in which guests are spirited away by the Kami (Japanese deities) and brought on a whirlwind tour of Japanese culture held within a replica of Mount Fuji.

The American Adventure is replaced by The Ancient World, an area holding 7 WONDERS, a dark ride taking guests through the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

Italy gets a Roman area featuring a Pompeii walkthrough and Tales Of Rome, a walkthrough taking guests through the stories of Julius Caesar and his closest friend (and best figure in Roman history IMHO), Marc Antony.

Germany gets Rhine River Cruise, a ride taking guests through scenes of the Rhine River, and Die Märchenwald Von Grimm, a forest path taking guests through the tales of the Brothers Grimm.

The Nations Of Africa showcases the vibrant song and dance of West Africa, the verdant rainforests of the Central African Republic, the bustling markets of East Africa, and the technicolor houses of the Ndebele people of Southern Africa.

China gets a Great Wall Of China replica holding a dark ride based on Journey To The West, a classic of Chinese literature. (Again, I'm totally not projecting about how much I loved this book in 9th Grade!)

Norway gets a new and improved Maelstrom with a greater emphasis on the folkloric/mythical and historical aspects.

Mexico gets a boat ride themed to the Maya and Aztec civilizations.

cdunlap

Hey y'all, I need help finding a website that I loved as a child, which would put it somewhere in the mid to late 2010s. It was a Spaceship Earth-based site sponsored by Siemens, the former Spaceship Earth sponsor. The home page was a light blue drawing of Spaceship Earth with white details on a yellow background with smaller circles in different colors rotating around it. Each smaller circle lead to a game based on different Disney Parks attractions, such as Expedition Everest, California Screaming, It's A Small World, some old car stunt show at DHS, and possibly one more. IIRC, this site was accessible via the Disney website's home page, but I could be wrong. Sadly, I can’t seem to remember what age I was at the time, nor can I find any leads regarding the site. However, I have been scanning the Disney Home Page via Wayback Machine captures, but since there are several captures per day in most cases, I simply can’t do this alone! Here’s the link to begin the search, so please don’t hesitate to help me!

cdunlap

Alright, this is probably a crazy idea, but World Showcase Escape Room in Disney Springs that replaces the NBA Experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom