The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 8: Magic Journeys - Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I don’t WANT Tony Stark as Doom. I want a very cool, very evil Doom with a very Eastern European accent! Is that too much to ask of the MCU?
I’m just hyped that in a span of 48 hours the MCU just got entirely rejuvenated.

Also, there is a comic book storyline where an alternate universe Tony Stark does become Doom. Idk if they’re gonna go that route or not.

Chaos Cat

WHAT THE 🛂🔤⚧🆙♿🈁🚺🚼

This is a hype announcement! ...In that it's clearly there to make hype without regard of how it'll work storywise. This is stunt-casting at it's finest. It just scream, "Crap, the Kang storyline isn't working; we need to new fan buzz fast."

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I hate you 3000
……

IMG_1072.jpeg

………

IMG_6633.jpeg

……….

IMG_5557.jpeg

…..

dammit.

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5557.jpeg
    IMG_5557.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 21

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
This is a hype announcement! ...In that it's clearly there to make hype without regard of how it'll work storywise. This is stunt-casting at it's finest. It just scream, "Crap, the Kang storyline isn't working; we need to new fan buzz fast."
The Russos are directing. If anybody can make the story work, it’s those two.

NateD1226

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I'm not saying it can't work, since we have no context for how it would play out. However, this does feel like marketing went up to them and went "make RDJ play the bad guy cuz we want them sweet ticket sales"
I don’t blame them. The Hall H crowd went ballistic for the announcement. General audiences will likely be excited that RDJ is back. They needed something out of left field and they got it.

Earlie the Pearlie

So I slept on this and I’m no longer mad about it. I love Doom and I’m actually excited to see a marvel movie now (😱). I just hope RDJ has a good evil Eastern European accent!

TheOriginalTiki

The thing that really annoys me about this is that Tony Stark already had his hands all over MCU Spider-Man and I really don't want the Fantastic Four getting overshadowed in that same way. I love the casting of Ralph Innenson as Galactus so hopefully RDJ won't even show up in their inaugural movie. I just feel like this totally undersells the hype that was there for characters/actors we've yet to actually see in the MCU.

Doom makes perfect sense as an Avengers level villain, but MAN do I not want a Doom that's basically just a slightly more sinister Tony Stark. I really hope RDJ at least goes out of his way to not make him feel like the same character.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The only saving grace of this announcement is I have no reason to doubt the team behind the project. With the same writing/directing team back together, the Russos haven't produced a bad film for Marvel, if anything haven't produced anything less than a Top 10 MCU film for me.

Having Doom be an Iron Man variant feels like the only way this would make sense. Unless he completely changes his look for Victor Von Doom. And if that's the case, why not pick someone else? Why (other than name recognition) would RDJ have to play this character if it wasn't for some connection to Iron Man.

TheOriginalTiki

I don't mind if it's Tony Stark, I just REALLY don't want him to be the quip machine he was originally. I really want to see RDJ play him with the same intensity he played his Oppenheimer character with.

Re: Russo Brothers, I'm way more Meh on them than most people. Infinity War and Winter Soldier are great, but even Endgame I struggle to get into on rewatches because so much of the run time is just spoon fed fan service. Then you look at the mid action movies they've done post Endgame and I really view them as the "safe" choice, but definitely not the most exciting one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom