The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
In terms of final projects my personal favorite was @Pi on my Cake and that's coming from someone who's only knowledge of FNAF is from when I was in middle school watching GameThreory's videos.

HOWEVER, looking at the overall season @Tegan pilots a chicken really has done an amazing job.
Awwww!! Tcool!!! 🥰💜
Thank you!!! So did you!! 😘

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 553807

@DashHaber

To start off, I think the IP choice is a great one. TMNT is a great IP and I think an attraction would work well. While I love Revenge of the Mummy, it very clearly doesn’t work in New York theming wise. The switch to TMNT makes sense, I just wish there was a bigger explanation of why it made sense.

Getting to the queue, I absolutely love it. It feels like such a typical Universal queue in the best way possible. It fully immerses you into the story instantly while also showing off more of the TMNT universe. I’d want to stay in the queue as long as possible!

When you first mentioned the slot car dark ride, I wasn’t sure if it would work. After reading through this project, I think it definitely has potential! My biggest concern with it is that typical sewer tunnels aren’t very large but the slot car vehicles are massive so I worry about losing immersion when these sewer tunnels are 10+ ft wide.

I think the attraction itself is a lot of fun. One tip: it would be super helpful to have the ride layout before the writeup instead of afterwards just to have a general sense of the movement in my head before reading the scenes. I think the scenes themselves are very ambitious in scale. A lot of Animatronics “dropping down” would more than likely be more static than ideal just from a maintenance stand point. That being said, the scenes themselves flow very nicely from one to another and I think they would work as an overall attraction quite nicely.

Overall, I think the ride has an extremely solid premise/ idea, there was just a few spots where I feel it fell short. That being said, I wish you luck through this and thanks for playing an incredible season!

@Pi on my Cake

To start off, Five Nights at Freddy’s is an IP I am not extremely familiar with. I played the first two games when they came out but that was about it. But I know the lore runs deep throughout it and I think that really works here. Universal is excellent at taking lore/ story deep IP’s and immersing guests into the attraction/ land.

Starting with the presentation, I love the intro phone call. It totally immerses me back into the game. It fits the style to perfection. The slides presentation just adds into that! I love the backstory you have created. I was definitely curious how you were going to make it work but putting Fazbear in charge of Universal AA’s is a nice seamless transition. I think the location you chose makes a ton of sense. A replacement to the Simpsons is definitely coming soon-ish and FNaF allows the general feel of the area to stay the same to it works as a new IP transition.

The queue is fabulous. I love how Jimmy’s virtual queue is set up and I think you use that set up to your advantage here. The three lobby’s are great! I think the Museum Room is a great way to introduce the lore to people who may not be familiar with the IP. The showcase room would be an incredible room for fans of the IP to see these full scale AA’s up close. And the arcade room is a nice way to hint at what is to come. The only thing I would have done is maybe start with the arcade room and end with the museum room. That way the lore is more fresh on guests mind and they can play the arcade games with hints of things to come first and get that explanation right after.

Getting into the ride itself, it is very solid and well thought out. It’s clear your familiarity with the IP is strong as the attraction itself flows very well. There is never a point in the ride write-up where I feel something is jarring or super out of place. It feels like the IP was built for a dark ride and it would be an IP I would have never even thought of choosing.
To conclude, I love how you tied it together at the end with HHN, the celebration, etc. All of it is extremely fitting for this IP and I think would just make it even more immersive.

I loved the anagram of who this project was sponsored by. I expected nothing less ;)
I agree that the Arcade room at the front would be stronger! But I put it at the end since on slow days guest spend more time towards the end of queues and you want interactive stuff will people will spend the most time. So, sacrificed the flow for the practicality. But it being up front is more fun, i agree

Outbound

Original Poster
Outbound's Card.png

Hello everyone and welcome to my iPhone reviews. My computer has decided that the day of reviews is the day it breaks, so we’re doing things on mobile. This is not ideal but it's what I get for using offline Microsoft Word instead of online Google Docs.

I do want to get very detailed reviews out to everyone, potentially with more detail than usual to make for the time, but at the same time, I also want for everyone to see all the judges’ perspectives when we post the results in a few short moments. So without further ado, here are some shortened thoughts of each project, with more detailed reviews to come my computer returns to normal.

DASH HABER
You posted first, but was doing so a smart decision? That’s harder to say. This is a fantastic project without much to nitpick, from the smooth queue transition to the unique slot car ride-through. I'm honestly surprised why TMNT hasn't replaced Mummy already, or at the very least Jimmy Falloon. It's the perfect IP for New York.

What would I improve? Well… I think you posted too soon. Although you did accomplish everything you set out to do faster than most, I don’t think that means you had to post as early as you did. In my opinion, you could have taken the extra time to add some polish. Maybe even try some art! I know you say its not your thing, but you never know. You do a great job on the podcast, maybe try recording something? I had assumed I was bad at maps because I tried in SA5.

JOKERS
SEA is sorta cliche at this point, but you totally make it work! This is a really cool spin on the time travel concept, going way back to the beginning and ends of time. It paced well and despite the project's short size everything services your ideas.

I agree with the idea of expanding upon this park in the future. It's a really cool concept I'd love to see explored further!

PI ON MY CAKE
FNAF was not what I was expecting from this. Fun fact Pi, I don't like horror games. I downloaded your EPCOT game, started playing it and had to quit. That plus choosing this project to read over last, in the middle of the night with my lights off, was not the best idea.

But oh my you made it work! FNAF has a really unique tone, and the more I think about it the more I think it'd work in a theme park. Guests don't have to know the franchise or it's too elaborate for its own good lore to get the gist of Evil Chuckie E Cheese.

This is all without mentioning the fantastic presentation. Wow.

SHARON & SUSAN
Crash Bandicoot is a bit unrealistic for this IP. I'm not entirely sold on video game park expansions in 2005. That said you've done a great job plotting out this ride, with some Indy vibes but the choice to jump from jungle to ice to desert keeps the fun nature of the game intact.

My biggest critique is honestly the surrounding area. I just think that's the point where the realism is pushed too far IMHO - and the entire land themed to Crash, in 2005 especially, is a lot.

SHANNON IN THE MAGIC
Despite being written in such little time, I wouldn't know it unless you told us! This is clearly a passion project, and although I'm not the biggest fan of musicals you managed to sell me the variety of musicals to pick from.

I do wish this project had a bit more detail, but given your limited time, I completely understand why it's on the shorter side. This more than matches the rest of the projects, despite your limited time!

TCOOL
This project is big and bold. It may be too massive for its own good, to be perfectly honest, as I don't see Universal realistically pursuing such a grand e-ticket without an IP to back it up. Nevertheless, this 100% would reinvent the Lost Continent from a stepping stone between Suess and Potter to a major thrill hub.

I also wanted to talk about the presentation here - it is amazing! The hand-drawn characters, the map clearly outlining everything that happens, the flipbook pre-project. Everything shows such a clear passion for this idea.

My only concern with this project is its vast, vast scale. From the extended queue to the many characters, it at times feels like too much even for Disney. But with such clear passion it is hard to lend much criticism towards this bold approach.

TEGAN PILOTS A CHICKEN
The Choasverse is such a cool idea! An entire universe for your creations. Although I would usually shout heresy for destroying all of Tomorrowland, since this project is technically set in its own universe I wouldn't consider it as big of a concern.

Before I begin with Ironheart I have to say - this entire Stark Expo is so inspired! Setting it post-Endgame is a great way to bring in new characters, while still honoring the fallen (Tony Stark Statue). Similarly, Ironheart as your e-ticket choice is a great one, able to bring in old Iron Man and Spidey villains against new heroes.

The only downside to this project is probably in the ride system description, but otherwise, this is a heartfelt final project from one of this season's greatest players!

THEME PARK PRIEST
This is well a reasoned approach to an Imagineering project, breaking down your design process and inspirations. I love how much focus went into that design process, even quoting architecture blogs for the exterior or breaking down how you’d transport the animals into the attraction. It’s clear you put a lot of thought into making this work logistically.

A second point I want to briefly touch upon - I disagree with Doug that this does not fit into Animal Kingdom. I think with the lack of the Seas Pavilion in EPCOT and this being right next door to the conservation center, this type of theming fits right in. Although I do agree it could have taken a grander approach, as at the moment the theming does lend itself more to a d-ticket than e-ticket. Of course, the presence of animals more than justifies its e-ticket standing.

What would I improve? Although I loved how much attention you went to planning this attraction, the ride through itself feels a bit short. I understand there’s not much to describe watching animals, but for all the build-up the e-ticket itself feels a bit tiny in its shorter description.

Everyone’s projects were fantastic and worthy as our final winning project of the season. That’s a huge accomplishment for eight projects to all reach, but everyone, from Dash and Tegan who posted three days before the deadline to Shannon who wrote her project the day of, managed to reach the standard of the other finalists. All deserve it, but only one deserves it the most.​

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I absolutely love this intro. All the build up to the Chaos-verse is just perfect!

Then you nailed what the major issue with Disneyland’s Tomorrowland is. I think there’s a lot of work that needs to be done there but demolishing everything (including Space Mountain) is a bold call. Disneyland is “sacred” is a lot of ways so this would more than likely receive a lot of pushback (especially when the new built up area’s buildings use basically the same footprint).

That being said, unless I missed it, does the Chaos-verse include Avengers Campus in DCA? If so, it feels weird to have two Marvel lands in the resort while losing Tomorrowland for it.
The queue is stunning. I think it is a nice set up and stroll but the hall of armor would be an unreal reveal. It would definitely have people taking pictures with it while waiting in line. The queue could be the Hall of Armor alone and be a win but there are so many great details through the rest of the queue it is definitely a great look.

For the ride system, I am blown away. I can’t recall times when people have made their own ride system that wasn’t just beyond a “Universal version of this Disney ride system” so I love that you did that. I think it is a very ambitious system!

Getting into the ride itself, I absolutely love the layout and scenes. I have always been a big fan of Iron Man and I think this coaster lays out a story perfectly. It’s a fun story line that I think is busy enough to allow re-rideability but isn’t too busy that guests get lost on their first ride. And it wouldn’t be Marvel without a post-show! I think it fits the rest of the ride quite nicely.
Overall, I think this is a very solid E-ticket final project. The story, coaster, land, etc. all tie into each other quite nicely with nothing feeling extremely out of place.
Thank you so much, Ace!!!!
I’m so glad you loved my project so much!!
I meant to include a blurb about DCA,....annnnnnd just totally forgot to. But I was gonna have this instead of Avengers Campus.

D Hulk

1cx.gif

FINAL RESULTS

Congratulations to everyone! To everyone who made the finals, who played in this game, who helped judge or who otherwise participated. Sorcerer's Apprentice is a great collaborative effort and a testament to this community.

The final eight E-tickets were all extremely creative, and each one is commendable in its own way. No matter the outcome of this final round, all of our finalists should be proud of what they've accomplished.

@DashHaber
@Shannoninthemagic
@Sharon&Susan
@ThemeParkPriest

Really promising ideas all around, covering a wide range of parks and ride types. All of your unique passions shone through. From action adventures alongside the Ninja Turtles and Crash Bandicoot, to soothing journeys through the oceans or Broadway musicals, your projects were immersive, distinctive, and fun.

@tcool123

You showed great creativity by developing an original idea not connected to any franchise, and using that foundation to bring back Universal's Lost Continent bigger and better than ever before. The ride was engaging and well-realized, filled with jaw-dropping special effects and unexpected thrills throughout.

@Tegan pilots a chicken

Your high-flying adventure with Ironheart is no question the most ambitiously conceived ride concept of the competition. It marries beloved characters with a totally unique ride system which completely envelops guests into the Marvel Universe. Your unbridled chaotic passion shines through in every moment of this project, just as it has for the entirety of this game!

@JokersWild

The Time Machine is a classically Disney dark ride, combining S.E.A. mythos, classic literature, and some of the best Imagineering tricks into a single commendable package. The overall concept of Discovery Bay is incredibly intriguing. Your writing style gracefully conveys all of the thoughtful ideas behind both your park and your thesis statement ride. I would love to see more of this park in the future!

And finally, I am proud to announce the seventh Sorcerer's Apprentice...

ef29494e85c35bc20daea9e45e77e327.gif

This was a spectacularly well made project! The presentation itself was a standout, capturing the tone of your chosen franchise in a way which worked for all readers. The ride is artfully structured, dramatically building throughout to a frightening climax and fully milking the idea for everything it's worth. Five Nights at Freddy's is an odd choice, so this degree of difficulty made your successful project all the more impressive.

Congratulations, Pi, on bringing your all to this entire season and beyond. You've truly earned your apprentice hat.

giphy.gif

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
1cx.gif

FINAL RESULTS

Congratulations to everyone! To everyone who made the finals, who played in this game, who helped judge or who otherwise participated. Sorcerer's Apprentice is a great collaborative effort and a testament to this community.

The final eight E-tickets were all extremely creative, and each one is commendable in its own way. No matter the outcome of this final round, all of our finalists should be proud of what they've accomplished.

@DashHaber
@Shannoninthemagic
@Sharon&Susan
@ThemeParkPriest

Really promising ideas all around, covering a wide range of parks and ride types. All of your unique passions shone through. From action adventures alongside the Ninja Turtles and Crash Bandicoot, to soothing journeys through the oceans or Broadway musicals, your projects were immersive, distinctive, and fun.

@tcool123

You showed great creativity by developing an original idea not connected to any franchise, and using that foundation to bring back Universal's Lost Continent bigger and better than ever before. The ride was engaging and well-realized, filled with jaw-dropping special effects and unexpected thrills throughout.

@Tegan pilots a chicken

Your high-flying adventure with Ironheart is no question the most ambitiously conceived ride concept of the competition. It marries beloved characters with a totally unique ride system which completely envelops guests into the Marvel Universe. Your unbridled chaotic passion shines through in every moment of this project, just as it has for the entirety of this game!

@JokersWild

The Time Machine is a classically Disney dark ride, combining S.E.A. mythos, classic literature, and some of the best Imagineering tricks into a single commendable package. The overall concept of Discovery Bay is incredibly intriguing. Your writing style gracefully conveys all of the thoughtful ideas behind both your park and your thesis statement ride. I would love to see more of this park in the future!

This was a spectacularly well made project! The presentation itself was a standout, capturing the tone of your chosen franchise in a way which worked for all readers. The ride is artfully structured, dramatically building throughout to a frightening climax and fully milking the idea for everything it's worth. Five Nights at Freddy's is an odd choice, so this degree of difficulty made your successful project all the more impressive.

Congratulations, Pi, on bringing your all to this entire season and beyond. You've truly earned your apprentice hat.

giphy.gif
CONGRATS PI!!!!!
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I’m so happy for you!!!!!!!! 💜💜💜💜💜💜

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
1cx.gif

FINAL RESULTS

@DashHaber
@Shannoninthemagic
@Sharon&Susan
@ThemeParkPriest

@tcool123

@Tegan pilots a chicken

@JokersWild

giphy.gif
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I know the competition this season was some of the best I've ever seen on this board! It was honor to be finalist and an even bigger honor to be the new Sorcerer's Apprentice! Thank you to all the judges and the other players and hosts and guest judges and all you cool people!!!

D Hulk

EPILOGUE

As the battle cleared and the winner was crowned, Tom Sawyer Island and Disneyland became a celebratory spot. Across the multiverse, from the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe to the One Little Spark Universe, fireworks and parades began to spring up as the worlds could now exist in peace once more.

Vna3OLX.jpg

Mickey and his pals went through a whirlwind on these Fantasmic Journeys, but as the celebration went on into the night, 3 ghosts looked on in the distance, proud of the imagineers' accomplishments over the seasons. The ghost of Walt Disney, Yen Sid, and now Maleficent, looked on, and Mickey gave them a smile and a nod before going back to the Merbabies celebration.

B30QzU8.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Post-Credits Scene #1
After the ceremonies and winner tribute, some of the residents of the So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Universe, decided to make their way back home after waving farewell.

Sorcerer Mickey guided them to the Enchanted Tiki Room, which would grant them access back to their universe.

@MANEATINGWREATH and @monkey92514 were some of the first to return to SYWTBAI.

"Well, time to go to Chip&Dale's treehouse!" monkey alluded to.

"Wait, before we do that" MEW interrupted "We need to go meet @TheOriginalTiki he said that we need to see something"

"Okay well where is he?" monkey asked

"He said take the Casey Jr. train and you'll see for yourself" MEW responded

So the duo went to Fantasyland and boarded Casey Jr. and began to zoom around the miniatures and gaze at the Fantasyland skyline of the Matterhorn.
HU3T5Oa.jpg

"Hmm...I'm not seeing anything diff-....wait a minute" MEW and monkey looked into the Toontown horizon and saw something they had not witnessed in over a decade. The Toontown Tower Hotel from Season 8's Mirror Disneyland project was beckoning them to enter.

"Going up, sir?" Tiki reacted in his Droopy the Bellhop voice.
S5hVG7V.jpg

So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 19: Madcap Circus

Coming SOON

spacemt354

Chili's
Post-Credits Scene #2

As the imagineers traveled home, the SAU Figment brought the OLS Figment to the core of the collapsed Celestial to bring him back to his homeworld. The two Figments bid farewell and adieu before the OLS Figment took off through the new portal, so he could finally return home...

But all was not as it seemed in this new colorful, zany One Little Spark Universe, it was under new management!

447Rtoi.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Post-Credits Scene #3

The Timekeeper decided to go back to The Imaginarium in that universe to try and decipher what exactly went on.

"The Imaginarium seems like it's a portal to the multiverse as well" He explains to himself. Suddenly a pamphlet was dropped down from above. @tcool123 was gliding over all the multiverse distributing a letter that the Timekeeper began to read...

"Hmm...what are all these titles, are these upcoming games? Why are they still linked together? Is there some special event happening?"

"You know you could just go to the future and find out?" Nine-Eye reminded him

"...Thanks, what a great idea..."
4WvOvfy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom