The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
real life blitzball
That is all I've ever wanted out of life

Midgar might be obvious, but there would be some great fodder there. Just imagine a trackless dark ride infiltrating Shinra, or the Honeybee Inn show.
Oh for sure! X might be my favorite but VII is close behind it and has a fantastic setting

Sharon&Susan

It’s such a great IP. And with Ghostbusters: Afterlife releasing this year, you’d think they’d want to utilize it more in their parks.
Nah, stick a giant rollercoaster track through it instead!
1610335814551.png

DashHaber

It’s such a great IP. And with Ghostbusters: Afterlife releasing this year, you’d think they’d want to utilize it more in their parks.
Indeed, though I suppose some of it is the challenge in how to realize Ghostbusters now considering the original film is around 35-36 years old now. Still, great potential from that property.

As for the New York area, they seriously should commit to the NY element with attractions based on IPs set in the Big Apple.

Tux

Heya, here's a happy late happy holidays to everyone! Hope you're all doing well about now, and that 2021's been a bit better to you peeps than 2020 was, even if things have been been pretty wild so far!

I would like to join as a normal participant, but finals are coming up around for the first semester in High School and I'm kinda busy. I should be open for other positions like maybe a guest judge if they're still open, since they should be more manageable for me to keep up with. I know Space said the role was open when they invited me to join, but I don't know if it still is. I just want to make sure I'm not pressuring you guys too much or being too demanding. Sorry for responding so late to the opening also, since it's almost 4-5 days before it officially starts, I'll try to keep up and be better with the timing next time!

D Hulk

Original Poster
The Sorcerer's Warmups, Day 5 Reviews
The Wild Wings at Goofy's Wiseacre Farms
barnstormer_outdoorqueue2007ah.jpg

An expansion on the former Barnstormer concept, this attraction will be an indoor/outdoor dark ride hybrid, taking you along first with Goofy through his barn, before being accidently catapulted into the air on this high flying adventure. Guests will soar around the acres of farmland Goofy has at the northernmost edge of Toontown, before Goofy guides your plane back in for a bumpy landing in the vegetable patch.
I am unfamiliar with the former Barnstormer concept, only with what's there now. Of course, MK's Barnstormer and DL's Go-Coaster (already there in Toontown) has I believe the exact same layouts. Replacing Go-Coaster - which I assume is your intent - with a fairly similar ride isn't that much of an upgrade to existing Toontown...though the addition of a dark ride section is a nice plus. (Hybridized coasters seem to be the popular solution to this prompt.)
Donald Duck in Fire-Quacker
View attachment 523120
Replacing the Neighborhood District with a new general meet and greet facility being built in Town Hall, The Fire-Quacker follows guests shrunk to the size of a chipmunk (Because cartoons!) to ride Huey, Dewey and Louie's new firecracker rocket in the form of an indoor family coaster. Once lit, guests go all over Donald's house smashing and breaking into various items until Donald's temper inevitably snaps to his nephew's amusement.
Top points for attention-to-realism by finding a home for the meet & greets which this ride is replacing. The ride itself sounds super fun and family-friendly, sort of like an indoors version of Dollywood's Firechaser Express I'm assuming and with one of the very best Disney characters there is (Donald Duck!) to make it timelessly "Disney." There are plenty of cute grace notes in the description which really make the ride's cartoonish personality come to life!
Oswald's Snowy Odd-venture
Oswald-the-Lucky-Rabbit-logo.jpg

To shed light on an old character to a new audience, Oswald's Lucky Odd-venture takes guests on a whimsical journey with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to defeat the snow-monster Abominabella. Guests start in a cozy and cartoony log cabin and ascend the snowy mountain before rolling past the monster and riding back down the mountain as Oswald defends your cart from obstacles and such... which may result in a bumpy ride!​
You cover the Oswald theming well, and Oswald fits Toontown nicely even if he is the mascot of nearby DCA. With this IP, I immediately wonder if your enclosed world might actually be black & what, or what sort of visual approach would you take...something like MMRR's 2.5-D perhaps? And what sort of ride is this? A bumpy one, yes, but it isn't clear if this is a dark ride, a roller coaster, a hybrid, or something else entirely.
Seven Dwarves Mine Train but re-theme it to Pluto. Yeah, he’s getting his own attraction.

View attachment 523129

Yeah so we’re gonna use the ride vehicles and basic idea of the track design; mild but wild. Some fun show scenes and small drops. We’ll probably put more of it indoors so we can have more animatronics and some screen-based theming as well.
Disneyland could greatly benefit from a ride like 7DMT, and Toontown is a suitable spot. A rethemed ride clone isn't going to win originality points, but it's easy to imagine how this would work. Though exactly what is the Pluto theming like? That's a great big part of what defines a story-based attraction! That sort of material is really needed to make a promising idea stand out among the many other creative concept going on here.
Daisy's Dance Coaster

morty
In this unique coaster, guests are invited to Daisy's dance hall where they can be taught the latest and greatest in ballet. Little do they know, the latest and greatest involves a coaster that bobs and swings around like it's dancing all around the dance studio, conducted by an animatronic Daisy in the middle.
It's nice to see an often overlooked character like Daisy getting some focus! The dance hall ride concept is an intriguing one. From the thematic description, this sounds like it would work better as a fancy next-gen flat ride, maybe something trackless like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters, maybe something else. While the roller coaster concept "bobs and sways," I'm not sure what sort of roller coaster it is. Finer details like a precise coaster model can really flesh out even a brief pitch.
I know there are certain rules about the Ducktales characters and the Fab Five crossing in each others' paths but do indulge me with this one and pretend Disney is laxer about it now...

Darkwing Duck's Daring Escape

cf50d35161dac179ccd5f3926a6e4678.jpg

In the seedy sidestreets of Toontown is the CannaBin, the new secret lair of the Fearsome Five (Megavolt, Bushroot, Quackerjack, Liquidator, and Negaduck), and the jump-off point of the land's newest dark ride, Darkwing Duck's Daring Escape! Using the technologies in Indiana Jones Adventure and Dinosaur (EMV technology), guests will be able to ride the Ratcatcher, "crash through" the CannaBin, escape with Darkwing Duck, and aid him and his squad (Launchpad McQuack, Gosalyn, and even some of the agents from S.H.U.S.H. and the Justice Ducks) defend Toontown from the Fearsome Five and their nefarious schemes and heinous crimes!​
Right out of the gate this one grabs my attention! I love the Duck Universe, which can really lend itself fantastically well to attractions. Darkwing Duck is instantly familiar, and anyone who doesn't know the IP can understand it anyway. The EMV ride system stands out too among the various roller coasters...but while family-friendly coasters are easily doable, Disney's EMVs aren't. Indy has the highest height restriction in the park, so something similar might not fit perfectly in such a youthful land.
The Visionary, Valuable, Verbose, Verified, Not At All Vulnerable Von Drake Vehicle
View attachment 523160
Ludwig Von Drake invites guests into his lab to test out his latest invention - a combination car, plane, and boat that runs on "pure science" and is so advanced that it can even drive itself! Predictably, it malfunctions and guests are sent on a wild ride all over Toontown, ducking (no pun intended) in and out of various buildings, careening through a billboard, hurtling into a pond, and more, with quick gags (this IS Toontown, after all) and cameos from Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, and all of your other favorite Disney characters, all making for a delightful roller coaster/dark ride hybrid that will guarantee to put a smile on your face!
This is perhaps my favorite roller coaster idea so far. It is seamlessly tied into the character of Ludwig Von Drake, full of evocative descriptions which really sell the idea o a madcap scientific contraption running amok! With the character cameos, the quick gags, and the general wackiness, you truly capture the spirit of Toontown.
Goofy's Art Antics

eb98e4d8c3b721f35ed24e2e46316329.gif

Inspired by the classic "How to..." shorts, guests will have the chance to join Goofy in an interactive dark ride that offers a whole new look on art. Using the innovative "Splat" method, guests will paint the walls, the statues...and just about anything else within this slightly stuffy art academy!​
This sounds like a wonderful expansion on Goofy's Paint 'n' Play House in Tokyo's Toontown. From the description, either you know that simple little attraction or - miraculously, and very possibly! - you've just happened onto the same concept! Tokyo's Goofy attraction is like a static precursor to the Midway Mania interactive tech. Yours could be a good next-gen version of the same. This is fitting for Toontown, it's realistic, and thankfully this one isn't a thrill ride.
Mickey Mouse: Carnival Chaos
View attachment 523266
Keeping in the vain of Pete being the star of the show (in his own mind), Mickey Mouse: Carnival Chaos will take guests on a non-stop fun adventure through “Crazy Pete’s Carnival”, in which guests will board midway-style shooter/rollercoaster hybrid ride vehicles and join Mickey and Minnie as they navigate Pete’s Amusement Park. Guests will have to use their cannons to shoot elaborate targets across the Carnival as the entire experience culminates in a rollercoaster section, in which Mickey and Minnie ride alongside guests on Toontown’s infamous coaster “The Plunge of Infinite Doom”.
"Carnival Chaos," an interactive carnival-themed shooter dark ride...I gotta be honest, gettin' some pure unadulterated Toy Story Midway Mania vibes here. Like, one-to-one! Conceptually, this doesn't stand out nearly enough. The coaster hybrid element at the end at least make this different, and...Seriously, everybody, why with all the coaster-dark ride hybrids in this round?! (Nice custom artwork. It communicates a lot wordlessly.)
Presenting “Mickey’s Countdown to Pete-stinction!”
View attachment 523204
Guests ride trackless Mouse cars to follow Mickey being trapped with a bomb, Pete kidnapping Minnie, Goofy unintentionally setting Mickey free, and Mickey saving Minnie from Pete’s Lair.
First, a technical note. You submitted this before 10 AM PST today, but I only saw it around 8 PM. The website is holding your comments up for moderation. I *think* you can resolve this by posting a little bit in some other forum threads - I always enjoy lurking the Trip Report section. That way, the website realizes you aren't a bot.

Onto the ride! A trackless dark ride fits Toontown wonderfully, and it's something Disneyland is sorely lacking. This is nicely different from Runaway Railway, even if it's another Mickey Mouse trackless. Cute idea. Oh, and funny name!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
The Sorcerer's Warmups, Day 5 Reviews

Honorable Mention - @ThemeParkPriest

Simply proposing a trackless Mickey Mouse ride is enough to catch my attention. With more development and practice, your will start to excel at presenting your ideas.

Bronze Medal - @Sharon&Susan
A very strong roller coaster concept which stands apart thanks to some nicely evocative descriptions.

Silver Medal - @DashHaber
Although Disneyland Resort has a few shooter dark rides, this one sounds nicely distinct. Obviously it fits Toontown like a big cartoony glove, since Tokyo has something like this.

Gold Medal - @BrerPanther
Congrats, Brer, I believe you've gotten Gold in all but one round! You get it this time for best nailing the spirit of Toontown, with a good choice of character and the best utilization of the common coaster-dark ride approach.​

spacemt354

Chili's
The Sorcerer's Warmups
1610342264965.png

Another unused stanza from Season 5, this time we are traveling to the seas of Typhoon Lagoon in Walt Disney World

For this prompt, design an expansion to the Typhoon Lagoon

- It can be anything from a singular waterslide, to a full-on new territory within the waterpark

As always, since this is just a warm-up, you may use 1-2 sentences and one image in your proposal. Enjoy!​

Outbound

The Sorcerer's Warmups
View attachment 523343

Another unused stanza from Season 5, this time we are traveling to the seas of Typhoon Lagoon in Walt Disney World

- It can be anything from a singular waterslide, to a full-on new territory within the waterpark

As always, since this is just a warm-up, you may use 1-2 sentences and one image in your proposal. Enjoy!​

CASTAWAY ISLE

Typhoon Lagoon.JPG

Take a break from the waves to explore the sandy shade. Half children's play area, half walkthrough for all ages, this beach (blue) is filled with historically-accurate shipwrecked sea-galleys, encouraging exploration both within the ships and outside by digging up the sand for buried chests, while the edges (red) are lined with palm tree water-umbrellas and riddle-filled clues hinting at the various "treasure troves" on the Isle.

Sharon&Susan

Vacant Vessel Swirl
View attachment 523347
1610345082875.png
Guests board a raft in a nearby science center to enter a tube that takes guests to a large abandoned scientific ship called the S.S Coeus. The ship's hull is used as a funnel which takes guests on a wild ride round and round until they exit the large hole in the center of the boat dropping the raft into a nearby tropical oasis splash pool.

DashHaber

The Sorcerer's Warmups
View attachment 523343

Topside-Turvy

poseidon5.jpg

Among the wrecks and debris from the legendary typhoon is the S. S. Gilded Glory, a luxurious cruise ship sent tumbling upside-down from the waves. Hop aboard a tube and sail on a lazy river voyage through the topsy-turvy wreck, sailing through rooms like an upside-down ballroom (where a piano still sits, fixed to what's now the ceiling!).

Brer Panther

Lagoona Gator's Gnarly Surfing Contest
1610372374943.png
Similar to the Toboggan Racers attraction at Blizzard Beach, guests here participate in a "surfing contest" hosted by Typhoon Lagoon's mascot Lagoona Gator. Adding to the fun is an audio-animatronic Lagoona, who stands off to the side and cheers on riders, saying things like "Tubular, man!", "Gnarly, dude!" and "Other surfer slang, bro!"

NigelChanning

The Sorcerer's Warmups
View attachment 523343

Parrot’s Province
0D4EA7E5-6F47-48FB-8A99-BF1FBFD580CE.jpeg

Deep in the depths of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, guests will find a land untouched by time, in which a civilization of exotic birds rule the skies and have created elaborate homes above ground. Guests will have the opportunity to interact with these highly intelligent birds and slide on the “Sky Stormer” where, for a moment, guests will be able to touch the clouds.

Orange Cat

The Sorcerer's Warmups
View attachment 523343

Retheme The Park So It’s All About The Cinematic Masterpiece “Splash” Again​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom