- Superman 4: The Quest for Peace

I’m just kidding just read the first letter of each of them :p
Why?​

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Question of the Day
What movie that is generally unliked do you love?​
Rouge One and Cars 2

IDK what is with the hate I've heard about Rouge One, but its an incredible film that is honestly the best film Lucasfilm has put out in recent history. Original story and characters run throughout and it fits PERFECTLY right before episode 4. I really don't understand why people don't like it, especially when compared to Last Jedi and all its extreme failures.

Cars 2 is just a seriously fun film with explosions! I don't understand the hate on that one either because I seriously enjoyed the spy theme, and I have only watched my first James Bond like a month ago! I've watched it multiple times and thoroughly enjoyed it.

MickeyMousketeer

The Sorcerer's Warmups
View attachment 523343

Another unused stanza from Season 5, this time we are traveling to the seas of Typhoon Lagoon in Walt Disney World

For this prompt, design an expansion to the Typhoon Lagoon

- It can be anything from a singular waterslide, to a full-on new territory within the waterpark

As always, since this is just a warm-up, you may use 1-2 sentences and one image in your proposal. Enjoy!​
Oceaneer Outpost
miss-adventure-falls-typhoon-lagoon.jpg

Situated to the left of Miss Adventure Falls lies an outpost dedicated to Mary Oceaneer and more of her treasures spread throughout. The area is home to an in-pool bar located in a new, smaller pool where guests can order drinks from the comfort of the pool, and a scavenger hunt that utilizes the same technology as Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom where guests are given a map and can search for treasures throughout the outpost and if they find them, they can tap their smartphone on a special gold doubloon, which causes the artifact to react in some kind of way, whether it be lighting up, spinning, moving, or creating a splash; this area is perfect for those who want to relax from the other attractions or dry off for a little bit.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
IDK what is with the hate I've heard about Rouge One, but its an incredible film that is honestly the best film Lucasfilm has put out in recent history. Original story and characters run throughout and it fits PERFECTLY right before episode 4. I really don't understand why people don't like it, especially when compared to Last Jedi and all its extreme failures.
I agree completely. Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars movies.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
The Sorcerer's Warmups
View attachment 523343

Another unused stanza from Season 5, this time we are traveling to the seas of Typhoon Lagoon in Walt Disney World

For this prompt, design an expansion to the Typhoon Lagoon

- It can be anything from a singular waterslide, to a full-on new territory within the waterpark

As always, since this is just a warm-up, you may use 1-2 sentences and one image in your proposal. Enjoy!​
There is an area in the north end of the park with ample room for expansion. We’re gonna develop this area with a set of mildly thrilling terrain based water slides. They’ll differ from the group of slides on the west end of the park (Mount Mayday) by being partially “indoor” in the sense that they’ll wind in and out of the new rock work theming, and crossover each other for some additional thrills. They’ll be similar in the sense that there are no big drops and are suitable fir guests of all ages. We’ll also have some built in waterfall elements to splash guests on the slides for additional excitement. And we’ll cap it off with an additional snack and beverage bar because we can always use more of those.
14A106B6-233F-4408-8E68-B226F7C24A3F.jpeg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day
What movie that is generally unliked do you love?​
Dark Phoenix. And I will defend this opinion with hostility.

Kidding. But I honestly love this movie. No, it is not a faithful adaptation of the comic arc, but if taken for what it is, it’s a wonderful character drama and Sophie Turner is brilliant in the role of Jean Grey. And the Hans Zimmer soundtrack is absolutely gripping.

NigelChanning

I agree completely. Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars movies.
Me to anybody who doesn’t like Rogue One:
AE259B1A-AAC8-48CF-822D-52C0BFD6B177.gif

Dark Phoenix. And I will defend this opinion with hostility.

Kidding. But I honestly love this movie. No, it is not a faithful adaptation of the comic arc, but if taken for what it is, it’s a wonderful character drama and Sophie Turner is brilliant in the role of Jean Grey. And the Hans Zimmer soundtrack is absolutely gripping.
I loved Dark Pheonix. It’s probably one of the most comic-accurate versions of the X-men in terms of their costumes, relationships, and the characterization of Charles Xavier. The only bad part of the film is the villain.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Me to anybody who doesn’t like Rogue One: View attachment 523448

I loved Dark Pheonix. It’s probably one of the most comic-accurate versions of the X-men in terms of their costumes, relationships, and the characterization of Charles Xavier. The only bad part of the film is the villain.
I always wanted Fox to explore those personal relationships deeper. For so long it was only through the lens of Logan. And , yeah, he’s AWESOME, but there is so much more depth there.
I hope the MCU will explore the mutant corner of the Marvel Universe thoroughly. You could make an entire ongoing Disney+ teen drama series based solely around kids at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.

Outbound

Rouge One and Cars 2

Cars 2 is just a seriously fun film with explosions! I don't understand the hate on that one either because I seriously enjoyed the spy theme, and I have only watched my first James Bond like a month ago! I've watched it multiple times and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I agree with Cars 2! I think people dislike it because Pixar has such a high bar for storytelling. Most of their movies go beyond family-friendly and into deep adult themes. Cars 2 is just supposed to be a fun adventure, and I respect how it evolves the franchise in a way none of the other Pixar Sequels really do. If DreamWorks or Illumination made it it wouldn't get any of the hate.

Rouge One is fun, but I honestly prefer Solo of the two anthologies. Solo was severely harmed by a). the terrible marketing, b). the terrible release date right after Infinity War, and c). the lack of overall enthusiasm towards Star Wars at the time. If only it had released at a different time, I think it would have been much better received.

NigelChanning

I always wanted Fox to explore those personal relationships deeper. For so long it was only through the lens of Logan. And , yeah, he’s AWESOME, but there is so much more depth there.
I hope the MCU will explore the mutant corner of the Marvel Universe thoroughly. You could make an entire ongoing Disney+ teen drama series based solely around kids at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.
Logan and Magneto definitely took up most of the screen time even though there are many more interesting characters there to explore. In fact, if I were Kevin Feige, I’d wait until the second or third Marvel Studios X-men film to introduce Logan or Magneto at all.

spacemt354

Chili's
This was a project I had from a while ago that I thought I'd share for today's Sorcerer's Warmup!

Explorer's Harbor

Explorer's Harbor will expand out from Miss Adventure Falls, furthering the S.E.A. presence in the park, adding more capacity, and multiple new attractions.
typhoon%2Blagoon.jpg

Explorer's Harbor will be located in the same place as Shark Reef used to be in, using the area as an expansion pad of sorts to add the new attractions in and around the wrecked S.E.A vessel.

DashHaber

Logan and Magneto definitely took up most of the screen time even though there are many more interesting characters there to explore. In fact, if I were Kevin Feige, I’d wait until the second or third Marvel Studios X-men film to introduce Logan or Magneto at all.
Personally, I kinda hope that X-Men gets to be its own universe still. Mutants is such a big can of worms to try to fit into the MCU. It's such a big topic as is, and perhaps they could make it work, but I'd kinda prefer it to be its own thing.

I'm more excited for all the X-Men-related stuff that hasn't been in the films because Fox was so focused on just the mutant conflict. Give me the Savage Lands or Mojoverse. Heck, give me Arcade.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Definitely agree. Though, Magneto himself presents us with an interesting dilemma; difficult to retcon that origin story. Might have to pull some multiverse shenanigans to time travel him into the present.

NigelChanning

this is an interesting conversation. i really dislike both rogue one and solo (for very different reasons) so it's always interesting when i see people defend them. different strokes, i suppose.
I feel like Rogue One had a purpose, though. Many fans wanted to know why the Death Star was so simply destroyed. I feel like the answer to that question didn’t have to be spun into an entire film but I appreciate what they did. I also feel as if Rogue One created one of the best antagonists in Star Wars in Director Krennic.
I'm more excited for all the X-Men-related stuff that hasn't been in the films because Fox was so focused on just the mutant conflict. Give me the Savage Lands or Mojoverse. Heck, give me Arcade.
There’s a lot of X-men stuff that was left out of the movies. I’d love to see Arcade, and if Paul Dano turns out a good performance as Riddler in The Batman, I’d say it’s not too unrealistic for Marvel’s Riddler-type character to show up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom