The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Personally, I kinda hope that X-Men gets to be its own universe still. Mutants is such a big can of worms to try to fit into the MCU. It's such a big topic as is, and perhaps they could make it work, but I'd kinda prefer it to be its own thing.

I'm more excited for all the X-Men-related stuff that hasn't been in the films because Fox was so focused on just the mutant conflict. Give me the Savage Lands or Mojoverse. Heck, give me Arcade.
Ahhh!! Savage Lands would be amazing!! And you know they could do it justice.
I’d love to see them explore like, what being a mutant is like for your average person, what it’s like for high schoolers and college students. Particularly the ones who don’t get useful “superpowers.” Show me people struggling with the manifestation of the mutant x gene. I think that would be so much more intriguing than the standard superhero fare. I mean I LOVE superhero shenanigans, but considering that’s what the Avengers do, and here we have an opportunity to explore the general population dealing with all of this, ahhh. I want it! Lol

NigelChanning

Here’s my predictions for Best Actor nominees:
1. Chris Pine in WW84
2. John David Washington in Tenet
3. James Marsden in Sonic
4. Ewan McGregor in Birds of Prey
5. The entire cast of Artemis Fowl
7. Jason Segal from the Muppets
8. The dad from the Croods 2
9. Pete Davidson for playing himself
10. And while we’re at it, give one to Kurt Russel for playing Santa Clause.

spacemt354

Chili's
I have to ask what is the theme of these new avatars? Because I'm not seeing a pattern so I'll just yell at @Pi on my Cake
fd6549728a4c39bbb0df2e79dc4d7761.jpg

Suchomimus

Question of the Day
What theme or IP would you like to see be the focus of a land or even full park?
*Makes villager noises as I try to decide my answer*
There are many things I'd like to see but on the top of my head, I'd like to go with stuff like dieselpunk, clockpunk, atompunk, and old time Chicago.
Question of the Day
What movie that is generally unliked do you love?​
I like watching Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom when it comes on.

tcool123

given that suicide squad won an oscar, i don't think it's the best metric for quality.
Okay but it was hair and makeup, Human Croc was a very impressive peice of makeup.

In all honesty there are plenty of nominees to go around for the various categories drawing from mainly streaming services. Palm Springs, Bad Hair, Run all from Hulu could see some nominations that normally are unavailable. Prom has a lot of Oscar buzz for some reason too, maybe the year James Corden wins an Acting Oscar 😉

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
IDK what is with the hate I've heard about Rouge One, but its an incredible film that is honestly the best film Lucasfilm has put out in recent history. Original story and characters run throughout and it fits PERFECTLY right before episode 4. I really don't understand why people don't like it, especially when compared to Last Jedi and all its extreme failures.
I think with Rogue One it all comes down to if you liked the characters. I didn't really connect with anyone other than the robot, so I found it a super boring but generally well made movie. But my friends who love the movie all really loved the leads.

Personally, I kinda hope that X-Men gets to be its own universe still. Mutants is such a big can of worms to try to fit into the MCU. It's such a big topic as is, and perhaps they could make it work, but I'd kinda prefer it to be its own thing.

I'm more excited for all the X-Men-related stuff that hasn't been in the films because Fox was so focused on just the mutant conflict. Give me the Savage Lands or Mojoverse. Heck, give me Arcade.
I feel like the multiverse stuff is gonna be a big factor in giving the X-Men their own world while still allowing MCU crossovers and Wolverine in the Avengers.

Batman v Superman

I think it's one of the most misunderstood movies in recent memory and contains such symbolism throughout in addition to a realistic take on what would happen if a god-like being came to earth

I think it's a decent Batman movie, but a terrible Superman movie. But to each their own.

I have to ask what is the theme of these new avatars? Because I'm not seeing a pattern so I'll just yell at @Pi on my Cake
fd6549728a4c39bbb0df2e79dc4d7761.jpg

WhoppingWhichFalcon-size_restricted.gif

You rang?

spacemt354

Chili's
Warmup Reviews - Typhoon Lagoon
CASTAWAY ISLE

View attachment 523345
Take a break from the waves to explore the sandy shade. Half children's play area, half walkthrough for all ages, this beach (blue) is filled with historically-accurate shipwrecked sea-galleys, encouraging exploration both within the ships and outside by digging up the sand for buried chests, while the edges (red) are lined with palm tree water-umbrellas and riddle-filled clues hinting at the various "treasure troves" on the Isle.
An excellent start with this one - I think Typhoon despite the name tends to be more chill when it comes to water rides compared to Blizzard Beach, so I'd probably be looking for more of a thrill, but this evens out the park and gives it an identity moreso as the family option of the two water parks.

Guests board a raft in a nearby science center to enter a tube that takes guests to a large abandoned scientific ship called the S.S Coeus. The ship's hull is used as a funnel which takes guests on a wild ride round and round until they exit the large hole in the center of the boat dropping the raft into a nearby tropical oasis splash pool.
This would be a neat addition that would rival some of the rides at Volcano Bay (Volcano Bat*) I like how you kept the Typhoon Lagoon shipwrecked feel as well throughout!

Lagoona Gator's Gnarly Surfing Contest
View attachment 523370
Similar to the Toboggan Racers attraction at Blizzard Beach, guests here participate in a "surfing contest" hosted by Typhoon Lagoon's mascot Lagoona Gator. Adding to the fun is an audio-animatronic Lagoona, who stands off to the side and cheers on riders, saying things like "Tubular, man!", "Gnarly, dude!" and "Other surfer slang, bro!"
I like this! Would give more spotlight to the mascot for the park, possibility adding to its identity while adding a more thrilling attraction to the park.
Parrot’s Province
View attachment 523385
Deep in the depths of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, guests will find a land untouched by time, in which a civilization of exotic birds rule the skies and have created elaborate homes above ground. Guests will have the opportunity to interact with these highly intelligent birds and slide on the “Sky Stormer” where, for a moment, guests will be able to touch the clouds.
This adds to the lore of Typhoon Lagoon in a great fashion but my wonder is where would it be, on an expansion pad away from Mt. Mayday or near it, as there are tropical walkways near the mountainside.

Retheme The Park So It’s All About The Cinematic Masterpiece “Splash” Again​
Well played
Lagoona’s Surf’s Up Coaster

Take to the seas in this water coaster (that uses linear induction motors to propel riders uphill)! The greatest thrill is the waterfall drop at the end overlooking the bay.

View attachment 523434
I like the coaster aspect to it as well as the Lagoona inclusion. And I also like the location description for the final drop - my only add on would be might it be too similar to what Crush n Gusher accomplishes.
Oceaneer Outpost
miss-adventure-falls-typhoon-lagoon.jpg

Situated to the left of Miss Adventure Falls lies an outpost dedicated to Mary Oceaneer and more of her treasures spread throughout. The area is home to an in-pool bar located in a new, smaller pool where guests can order drinks from the comfort of the pool, and a scavenger hunt that utilizes the same technology as Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom where guests are given a map and can search for treasures throughout the outpost and if they find them, they can tap their smartphone on a special gold doubloon, which causes the artifact to react in some kind of way, whether it be lighting up, spinning, moving, or creating a splash; this area is perfect for those who want to relax from the other attractions or dry off for a little bit.
I like how you added to the lore to this one similar to Nigel's as well as a few others. This would be something for sure that guests would enjoy doing. While it might not be exactly what the park may need in terms of additional attractions, this is definitely something that could be put to good use

There is an area in the north end of the park with ample room for expansion. We’re gonna develop this area with a set of mildly thrilling terrain based water slides. They’ll differ from the group of slides on the west end of the park (Mount Mayday) by being partially “indoor” in the sense that they’ll wind in and out of the new rock work theming, and crossover each other for some additional thrills. They’ll be similar in the sense that there are no big drops and are suitable fir guests of all ages. We’ll also have some built in waterfall elements to splash guests on the slides for additional excitement. And we’ll cap it off with an additional snack and beverage bar because we can always use more of those.
View attachment 523446
To me this is what the park needs the most, a multitude of slides since it really is lacking in that department and on Mt. Mayday there isn't too much room for expansion. Unfortunately though this is like 6 sentences so while it's my favorite I can't give it the win, but hey it's a warm-up, it's a sign I think you're warmed up for the start of the season Tegan!

spacemt354

Chili's
Topside-Turvy

poseidon5.jpg

Among the wrecks and debris from the legendary typhoon is the S. S. Gilded Glory, a luxurious cruise ship sent tumbling upside-down from the waves. Hop aboard a tube and sail on a lazy river voyage through the topsy-turvy wreck, sailing through rooms like an upside-down ballroom (where a piano still sits, fixed to what's now the ceiling!).
Oh wow this is such a neat description! It ties in with an addition to the lore, but also has a couple unique and original slides that set it apart from the rest - nice idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
The Sorcerer's Warmups, Day 6 Reviews

Honorable Mention - @MickeyMousketeer

While perhaps not exactly what I was thinking for an expansion, you provided an expansion to the lore of one of the newest attractions, adding some nuance to the water park experience.

Bronze Medal - @ThemeParkPriest and @Brer Panther
Choosing Lagoona for the mascot of your attractions was a solid choice, as it gives an identity to the park that exists but isn't at the forefront as much as say Blizzard Beach.

Silver Medal - @Sharon&Susan
Great job adding something to spice up the park that seems reminiscent of the competition down I-4 with Volcano Bay.

Gold Medal - @DashHaber
The upside-down ship with the swirling slides within it is an image I think would fit so well as an expansion to the park - a wonderful idea!​

Mickeynerd17

The Sorcerer's Warmups, Day 6 Reviews

Honorable Mention - @MickeyMousketeer

While perhaps not exactly what I was thinking for an expansion, you provided an expansion to the lore of one of the newest attractions, adding some nuance to the water park experience.

Bronze Medal - @ThemeParkPriest and @Brer Panther
Choosing Lagoona for the mascot of your attractions was a solid choice, as it gives an identity to the park that exists but isn't at the forefront as much as say Blizzard Beach.

Silver Medal - @Sharon&Susan
Great job adding something to spice up the park that seems reminiscent of the competition down I-4 with Volcano Bay.

Gold Medal - @DashHaber
The upside-down ship with the swirling slides within it is an image I think would fit so well as an expansion to the park - a wonderful idea!​
Ahh! I've been missing out! Didn't realize this was happening lol.

When's the next one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom