The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

tcool123

There is NO SUCH THING as too many Disney Ornaments. I was happy I found a baby Yoda one this year.
Tell that to our tree that toppled over one year due to the weight of the Disney ornaments 😉

It was the last time we had a real tree and given most of the ornaments were destroyed one of the last times for a Disney tree until 2018. Had to build up that collection.

image.jpg

Current scope of the pickup. 30 more are in the tree and another 7 have been put away cause I just bought them so they didnt make it to the tree.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Tell that to our tree that toppled over one year due to the weight of the Disney ornaments 😉

It was the last time we had a real tree and given most of the ornaments were destroyed one of the last times for a Disney tree until 2018. Had to build up that collection.

View attachment 522497
Current scope of the pickup. 30 more are in the tree and another 7 have been put away cause I just bought them so they didnt make it to the tree.
Dear Lord, I shall retro-actively morn the topple tree and the lost Disney Ornament. I don't have a photo, but my GF got the Jungle Cruise ornament and modified it into the Jingle Cruise!

Chaos Cat

If this kind of [Pooh] keeps happening in this dimension, I'm going to ask C.O.I.T. to change which dimension has the designation "H3-11."

Beta! Haven't seen you in a while. Where've you been?

Visiting the houses of every Omega-verse writer and having a little... "talk" about stereotyping.

...Beta, what did you do?

Nothing that can be proven.

And what's this I hear about you writing about a "Big Bad Wolf?"

OhheymyparentsneedhelptakingdownChristmasdecorations, BYE!

Voxel

Wait until the virus is over. Tokyo is at 1,500 daily cases and rising and Suga is just barely starting to do something about it. Unless you want to move to Tohoku. Things are pretty chill here haha.
Idk if its luckily or sad but I had covid while in korea last year. Wasn't fun so im extrmely cautious about it.

I've not been impressed with suga yet. I think Japan's 50 some year of same party rule is starting to show its signs of age. Im still a few years out, I'm trying to convince my job to sent me to our tokyo office or try to take a position there.
I've been offer a job is Misawa.. but know one whats to live in Misawa.

Were you always from Japan and I never noticed it?!?!

JokersWild

Idk if its luckily or sad but I had covid while in korea last year. Wasn't fun so im extrmely cautious about it.

I've not been impressed with suga yet. I think Japan's 50 some year of same party rule is starting to show its signs of age. Im still a few years out, I'm trying to convince my job to sent me to our tokyo office or try to take a position there.
I've been offer a job is Misawa.. but know one whats to live in Misawa.

Were you always from Japan and I never noticed it?!?!
Hey man don’t knock Misawa. That’s like two hours north of where I’m living. Hachinohe is a small city, but their mall has a roller coaster so it’s not all bad. Also the air base is supposed to be pretty cool and they open it to the public once a year.

Suga’s just a scapegoat. Japan absolutely does need new leadership though.

And no. I’m from New York lol. But I’ve been living in Japan since March teaching English like all of the other unskilled expats. It’s been great especially since COVID hasn’t been a massive problem up here.

Voxel

Hey man don’t knock Misawa. That’s like two hours north of where I’m living. Hachinohe is a small city, but their mall has a roller coaster so it’s not all bad. Also the air base is supposed to be pretty cool and they open it to the public once a year.

And no. I’m from New York lol. But I’ve been living in Japan since March teaching English like all of the other unskilled expats. It’s been great especially since COVID hasn’t been a massive problem up here.
If I had to I would go to Misawa, but I spent my life living in the rural world and I want better rail access. I would rather be in someplace like Aomori or iwakuni.

Its going to be interesting to watch Japan over the next few weeks.

And congrats on that!! Im assuming the JET program!! Livng the dream man lol.
Honestly I'm trying to craft my career into taking a position handling my companies operations in japan but thats a 5 year min plan to get that postion. So I got time.

NigelChanning

Do you teach English to students or anybody?

JokersWild

If I had to I would go to Misawa, but I spent my life living in the rural world and I want better rail access. I would rather be in someplace like Aomori or iwakuni.

Its going to be interesting to watch Japan over the next few weeks.

And congrats on that!! Im assuming the JET program!! Livng the dream man lol.
Honestly I'm trying to craft my career into taking a position handling my companies operations in japan but thats a 5 year min plan to get that postion. So I got time.
If it helps at all, I think that Hachinohe has a Shinkansen line. And it if doesn’t it should only be a couple hours to get to Aomori or Morioka which 100% do have Shinkansen. There are also local lines that usually hub in cities as well. I’d assume that misawa has a station.

I’m with Interac. The pays not as good but my branch is one of the best in the company so at least I’m not getting ed.
Do you teach English to students or anybody?
I teach directly in schools with a Japanese English teacher. Some people teach whoever wants lessons, but my placement right now only has me teaching elementary/ middle school students.

Voxel

If it helps at all, I think that Hachinohe has a Shinkansen line. And it if doesn’t it should only be a couple hours to get to Aomori or Morioka which 100% do have Shinkansen. There are also local lines that usually hub in cities as well. I’d assume that misawa has a station.

I’m with Interac. The pays not as good but my branch is one of the best in the company so at least I’m not getting ****ed.

I teach directly in schools with a Japanese English teacher. Some people teach whoever wants lessons, but my placement right now only has me teaching elementary/ middle school students.
That was my biggest complaint to misawa. No high speed rail. 2 hour ride to Aomori and an hour to the shinkansen station. -.- oh well one day

JokersWild

Fair enough. Ugh so many places I wanna see in japan. I was suppose to be in nagono and tokyo in February.. had to cancel.

I wanna go up to morioka at some point
Honestly, Morioka is pretty boring. It's the type of city that seems like it'll be super rad in like 5 years. That being said the area surrounding is beautiful, especially Mt. Iwate. I was just there taking a driving test yesterday and the test center was literally at the base of Mt. Iwate.

tcool123

The Sorcerer's Warmups Reviews: Tomorrow and Fugue

Welcome one and all to the conclusion of the first warm up! I'll be going over each and every proposal and/or thought that was summitted with regards to the warmup. To get into the sci-fi mood currently listening to Flight of the Navigator's soundtrack, light breezy and the protagonist's younger older brother is an 80's style icon and I may or may not have a crush on him. Anyways on with the reviews :D
Stitch's Alien Rescue
Stitch's cousins are loose in Hawaii again and it's up to the guests to gather them back up! Guests are teleported by Jumbaa from Tomorrowland station to Hawaii to gather up the loose aliens, but the evil Hamsterviel is on the trail and will teleport guests back and fourth from Hawaii to dangerous planets; will guests be able to capture all the aliens? This dark ride will be replacing Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters integrating the new cannon technology from Midway Mania with the immersive screen technology of Runaway Railway to bring an out of this world experience!

Okay I grew up watching the Lilo & Stitch series so I'm in love with the idea of introducing all of these fun and memorable aliens with their little gimmicks. However I do have an issue. While this concept involves aliens which is an element of sci-fi, the modern day Hawaiian setting works against the theming with the rest of the Tomorrowland. With that said the combination of TSMM cannons, MMRR 2.5D tech, and the IP is an excellent combo that lends itself to a fun ride.

Side note: you went over the two sentences

THE HOVERBURBS - TIMELESS RIVER

Replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway will be a futuristic green landscape inspired by the Perfect Park Acres concept heard on the former Peoplemover narration. Inside will be a high capacity boat ride, the first water ride in Tomorrowland, in which guests will begin by meandering around a glass dome in a hillside before being joined by Tom Morrow, your guide on the Timeless River, as you interact with your 2 1/2 D environment to create the New Tomorrowland around your boats.

I love the added variety by including the first water based attraction in this side of the park as it'll allow it to stick out more from other offerings. I also applaud the expansion of the storyline for Tomorrowland and Tom Morrow. With that said I'm not completely sold on this attraction as it reminds me of the House of the Future which while visually it was interesting left guests wanting more, and this sounds like it but on a grander scale.

MARS LANDING
In the former Laugh Floor and Space Ranger Spin complex, Mars Landing takes guests on a humorous omnimover to the civilization of the Little Green Men on Mars. Taking guests on a tour of the Martian cities, mining operation, and an unexpected finale at a spaceport of the Martians leaving the planet because "there goes the neighborhood" with the humans arriving in droves.

Okay at first I was hesitant, but as I read this I just thought to myself how much this sounds like a classic Disney attraction. Even the gif while it didn't add anything say of story of to this ride, it gave my an idea of the sci-fi you were going for more retro more 50's inspired. The little blurb at the end with the Martians leaving had me laughing as I just found it so charming and funny.

Some visual elements of the Ant-Man films were based on Adventures Thru Inner Space. Today we come full circle.

Introducing ANT MAN AND THE WASP QUANTUM ADVENTURE

This trackless dark ride will be replacing Buzz Lightyear, with additional show building to be constructed in the southern portion of Tomorrowland.

Using a combination of the latest animatronics, incredibly detailed scenery, as well as projection and practical effects, guests of all ages will enjoy this attraction as we follow our favorite pint size heroes from Marvel as they travel to the quantum realm to fend off their latest nemesis, Kang The Conqueror!
I think this will be a fun addition to any park, and a huge improvement of the visually dull attraction over at Hong Kong. The shifting sizes of the Antman films lend itself to an exciting ride, but similar to @TwilightZone I'm going to have to clock you for the setting of the attraction. While Antman most definitely is sci-fi its films are set in the present day, and in DCA there's already an Antman presence that would've been a great compliment to this really cool sounding E-Ticket.

Monsters Inc. Monstropolis Adventure

Replacing Tomorrowland Speedway, this dark ride based on the events of the first film housed inside a factory building.
A wild adventure is seen with massive animatronics and a gift shop, Beastly Collections at the end.
Monsters Inc is overdue for a ride at Walt Disney World, and this sounds like a fun time however this places two Monsters Inc attractions at opposite ends of Tomorrowland.

Tron: Argon City Autopia

The Tron system of Tomorrowland has never been more alive with Argon City Autopia, a Tron-themed overhaul of the current Tomorrowland Speedway. Race your way around indoor and outdoor show scenes featuring the sights and sounds of Argon City with your own electric self-guiding light roadster, the fastest vehicle on the Grid!​
I really like this idea, and while simple it works really well. It ties into the new Tron coaster, and gives a much needed update to Speedway which needs if it is continues to take up room at the park. This overhaul gives Speedway a reason to stay, and just imagining the kinetics at night with all the moving lights makes me giddy.

Honestly I would love to see a bit of Old School Magic with a slightly educational, yet wacky dark ride featuring our favorite Scientist Ludwig Von Drake. This attraction will feature a co-sponsor ship with NASA and SpaceX and will explore Rocketry and the future of Space Travel. Expect Zany moments, burning feathers and explosions.
I think a Von Drake ride is a really fun concept, and I love that character very humorous. I look forward to the smell of electrocuted duck in the future ;)

Side note: you went over the two sentences

Futurama: Race Through New New York
Futurama comes to Walt Disney World in this new dark ride replacing Stitch's Great Escape! and Merchant of Venus. Upon stepping in the queue, guests become newcomers in New New York City, where they're greeted by a desperate for money Bender, who offers them a tour of the city - conveniently leaving out that he's currently trying to avoid the Robot Mafia, who are after him because Bender said they looked like dorks, resulting in a thrilling chase through New New York aboard a Thundercougarfalconbird (which Bender stole, by the way) with appearances from all of your favorite Futurama characters along the way, brought to life via a combination of advanced audio-animatronics, projections, and special effects, before rides exit out into not a gift shop but rather a quick-service location, Hermes' Manwiches (where one can actually try Slurm, Fry's favorite soft drink - just don't ask about the secret ingredient!).
Futurama is an odd IP in the sense I have seen people bring it up for an attraction in Tomorrowland time and time again. I instantly enjoyed the subtle jab at Jimmy Fallon's attraction over Universal, and know that this ride will be very humourous following that. While I think this ride sounds like a fun it's source material may be too adult for the Magic Kingdom, but it's a good fit for Studios or Epcot (cause ya know it's just a work camp for the weak in the future). I will also like to say while this was two sentences that second one felt a little runoffy

But um what is a manwhich exactly 😅

Robot Rabble Rousers!

Taking over the sight of the former Tomorrowland Speedway is the large (and very expensive-looking) Rytus Corporation, run by the greedy and short-sighted Appa Rytus. Inside, guests will find an omnimover dark ride that starts us as a company tour to show off the latest in Rytus Corp robots, but a glitch in their systems have caused these androids to revolt!​
Action packed yet still a call back to retro futurism, it's a good way to go! I was about to ask what Appa Rytus meant, but then it clicked apparatus ;) I look forward to seeing the variety of robots that the Rytus Corp has produced. Overall this sounds like a fun time especially when the acronym is RRR also known as what I sound like rolling my Rs when talking in Spanish to my family 💃

Tomorrowland Light and Power

Venture into the Tomorrowland Light and Power Co. and join a madcap tour through
Tomorrowland's hydroelectric facilities and help John Nicto, the very famous
founder and chief designer of Tomorrowland, regain control of the highly unstable
star that's given Tomorrowland its "spark" since its beginning. Utilizing technology
perfected in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure" this attraction

gives new thrills and soaks to this mostly-neglected side of the park.​
Another boat ride to the park, but this time with the added spice from Shanghai love it! Although water and electricity don't typically mix I think this will be a rather shocking addition to Tomorrowland adding more family friendly thrills while fleshing out the backstory of Tomorrowland making it feel more lived in.

Wonders of Tomorrow

Replacing Star Tours at Disneyland will be an all new omnimover attraction where guests can learn about the future of science and create their own inventions as well. This ride will be a spiritual successor to Adventure Thru Inner Space and bring back the building to its original glory, but with a modern flare.
While you may have intended this to be an Adventure Thru Inner Space successor it reminds me of Innoventions meets Spaceship Earth meets Horizons which is never a bad thing. In the process of adding a new attraction you also removed an attraction that was bringing down the overall cohesiveness of the land (long long time ago) so kudos for that :D

Jack-Jack Attack
Replacing Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Jack-Jack Attack follows Edna Mode as she accidentally loses the young baby under her watch. Now, guests musts utilize remote controls to individual disable Edna’s home security system before Jack-Jack triggers it and gets hurt, all while he floats, phases, and uses his wide array of superpowers to cause a little mischief in this exciting omni-mover attraction!
Nigel have you been in my head before? Jack Jack Attack has actually been a name of a ride for the Incredibles I have long kept in my brain, but albeit as a simple flat ride. This idea obviously differs from that as it's a fun ride filled with cute baby hijinks, and Edna Mode who I think is comedy gold. However like previous prompts while Sci-Fi the Incredibles takes place in the present day/1960's depending on who you ask, and as such weakens the theme of Tomorrowland. However, this ride sounds like a hoot, and would be beloved by many.

View attachment 522396
Our Journey to the Stars
This replacement for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at Disneyland’s Tomorrowland takes guests on an omnimover journey exploring the history of space travel, from man’s first dreams of reaching the sky and the stars to the first footsteps on the moon and modern space flight.
This is very classic Tomorrowland to me with Flight to the Moon/Mars attractions from Yesterland coming out, but with a spice of If You Had Wings/Dreamflight. Given its Disneyland location I think this ride works well as it doesn't have to compete with the edutainment offerings of Epcot, and is able to stand on its own. The ending with the future of space flight will seem futuristic for a long time given how far way it is from the public so good job on pitching something that's more timeless in nature.

Exploration of the Crystal Planet
A suspended dark ride that replaces the Speedway, Exploration of the Crystal Planet takes guests on a voyage to the recently discovered planet Glacies Mater; a planet named for the abundance of ice and snow found nearly everywhere; and has been documented from previous expeditions to have animals and plants take on the many traits of minerals as seen in the queue; to its surface in enclosed probes (much like the diving bells from DisneySEA's 20K Leagues Under the Sea). This relaxing dark ride starts with leaving the research station orbiting the planet to the edge of Glacies Mater's Amethyst Sea (heated by geothermal plates and named for both its coloration and what is beneath its surface), to the sapphire taigas and up the Song mountains (so named because allegedly the winds that blow through the range make the sound of choir and (fittingly) wind instruments); delving deep into a dormant volcano that leads to the highest vantage point, where guest can see the valleys and fjords below and the skies above teeming with life before leaving to go back to the research station.
Oooooh me likey, it's very science fiction otherly worldly sounding. This sounds like a beautiful ride from all the unique visuals that are foreign to us, but also the idea of the win sounding like music is a nice touch. However while you kept to two sentences this did feel like a runoff sentence albeit with plenty of additional details.

I'm not in a good place to make an image right now, but picture this:

As everyone knows, we're saying goodbye to the monstrosity that is Stitch's Great Escape, so Disney proudly presents:

A History of Progress City

Instead of your traditional walkthrough museum full of boring exhibits and displays, Walt Disney Imagineering gives you the world's first ride/museum hybrid, featuring the original repaired full size model of Walt Disney's dream for an experimental, prototype, community of tomorrow (magically pulled out of a landfill), Walt Disney's original blueprint drawings for the city, and a projection tunnel of what it would have been like to ride the monorail there, all running on a compact but timeless Omnimover system.

don't ask why this is in Magic Kingdom
This is a really interesting concept, and I love the usage of classic Walt Disney history. I have a similar issue with this proposal as I didwith @spacemt354 's earlier, but the history behind this idea is a benefit. Now I have to ask why is this in the Magic Kingdom ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom