The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

Shannoninthemagic

1619830991817.png

One of my favorite merch items from a broadway production

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
You see, the mistake was that you thought that Applebee’s was an acceptable dinner. Once you free yourself from the chains of subpar kitsch dining you can party with the big boys.
Applebee's half priced apps after a long night of partying (and by partying I mean volunteering at my church's youth group) are the bomb though. Or they were back in the olden days before the plague lol

Orange Cat

B1A49D32-6D69-47D5-8057-F94B31DEDCAB.jpeg

Honey Bee Reviews: @Pi on my Cake‘s Fazbear Entertainmen’s Wonder Tour

So right off the bat I was skeptical, putting the series’s... interesting reputation aside I found it kinda weird to have an entire Universal land themed around an Indie game, but this IS universal so I guess weirdness fits. Just so you know despite never having played the games I know embarrassingly much about this franchise so I’m gonna be looking at this partially based on how well it fits the IP, though the ride’s quality itself is gonna be the main factor on which I judge

The phone call is a very nice touch, I wish I had more to say since I like it a lot but sadly I don’t, anyways good work.

The reasoning for your choice does answer my questions though in this context it feels a little “I SWEAR IT MAKES SENSE”-y, but I think now I do understand that it does (mostly) make sense.

I think you spend exactly enough time on the mini-land, there’s not too much or too little here, very nice.

The facade is pretty funny, though I still see signs of Simpsons & it makes me uncomfortable.

Onto the queue! The pizza slices are cute if not a bit cheesy (sorry also that’s not a complaint I get they’re supposed to be cheesy (sorry again)). The museum room is very Scott Cawthon & very Universal. The showcase room feels like one of the first things anyone would do when they think “FNAF theme park” but while it feels like the least fully fledged room & kinda generic it works fine. Does the arcade room have real games, I imagine not since that would be kinda weird practically but It’s not clear to me, otherwise it’s a good idea.

The party room is a really fitting idea.

The trams are the most Universal thing ever & they fit here fine so I’m okay with them.

The ride layout is good but it gives me “kid who loves stickers” vibes.

Oh boy ride through, we may have a bit of a wall of text here. That narrated bit at the start is nice but reminds me of a Reggie YTP. The first proper scene feels very Universal & very FNAF so good job, also this isn’t a critique cause I think it’s a problem with my headphones but the music sounded a bit... crunchy & I’m concerned for my ears. Scene 2 is well done but all throughout reading it I was reminded of that time Splash Mountain broke down on me in the “laughing place” section. Very spooky but once again being reminded of the SM breakdown, man imagine breaking down on this part of the ride. Can’t say much on all the ride but the Baby lines while appreciated feel a little incoherent. I can’t believe you actually got me. **** you got me twice. William’s really gotta stop coming back. Funko Pops are a core part of FNAF. Does it count as a jumpscare if it’s MatPat?

Here’s some concluding thoughts! That presentation is smooth as (I’m not adding the adjective you’re expecting) butter, I mean, I know looks aren’t everything but I’m shallow. I quite liked the cans but while I’m not trying to compare the projects too much TBH the Crash ones were better. In conclusion, I felt exactly the same things when reading this as when I watched Bee Movie vocoded to Gangster’s Paradise: Hilarity, Horror, Confusion, Concern For The Creator’s Mental Health so in other words I loved it!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 553605
Honey Bee Reviews: @Pi on my Cake ‘s Fazbear Entertainmen’s Wonder Tour

So right off the bat I was skeptical, putting the series’s... interesting reputation aside I found it kinda weird to have an entire Universal land themed around an Indie game, but this IS universal so I guess weirdness fits. Just so you know despite never having played the games I know embarrassingly much about this franchise so I’m gonna be looking at this partially based on how well it fits the IP, though the ride’s quality itself is gonna be the main factor on which I judge

The phone call is a very nice touch, I wish I had more to say since I like it a lot but sadly I don’t, anyways good work.

The reasoning for your choice does answer my questions though in this context it feels a little “I SWEAR IT MAKES SENSE”-y, but I think now I do understand that it does (mostly) make sense.

I think you spend exactly enough time on the mini-land, there’s not too much or too little here, very nice.

The facade is pretty funny, though I still see signs of Simpsons & it makes me uncomfortable.

Onto the queue! The pizza slices are cute if not a bit cheesy (sorry also that’s not a complaint I get they’re supposed to be cheesy (sorry again)). The museum room is very Scott Cawthon & very Universal. The showcase room feels like one of the first things anyone would do when they think “FNAF theme park” but while it feels like the least fully fledged room & kinda generic it works fine. Does the arcade room have real games, I imagine not since that would be kinda weird practically but It’s not clear to me, otherwise it’s a good idea.

The party room is a really fitting idea.

The trams are the most Universal thing ever & they fit here fine so I’m okay with them.

The ride layout is good but it gives me “kid who loves stickers” vibes.

Oh boy ride through, we may have a bit of a wall of text here. That narrated bit at the start is nice but reminds me of a Reggie YTP. The first proper scene feels very Universal & very FNAF so good job, also this isn’t a critique cause I think it’s a problem with my headphones but the music sounded a bit... crunchy & I’m concerned for my ears. Scene 2 is well done but all throughout reading it I was reminded of that time Splash Mountain broke down on me in the “laughing place” section. Very spooky but once again being reminded of the SM breakdown, man imagine breaking down on this part of the ride. Can’t say much on all the ride but the Baby lines while appreciated feel a little incoherent. I can’t believe you actually got me. **** you got me twice. William’s really gotta stop coming back. Funko Pops are a core part of FNAF. Does it count as a jumpscare if it’s MatPat?

Here’s some concluding thoughts! That presentation is smooth as (I’m not adding the adjective you’re expecting) butter, I mean, I know looks aren’t everything but I’m shallow. I quite liked the cans but while I’m not trying to compare the projects too much TBH the Crash ones were better. In conclusion, I felt exactly the same things when reading this as when I watched Bee Movie vocoded to Gangster’s Paradise: Hilarity, Horror, Confusion, Concern For The Creator’s Mental Health so in other words I loved it!
Thank you for the awesome review and the kind words!

I did intend the games in the arcade room to be playable. The Fallon ride has simple touchscreen arcade style games to play during their last lobby and it works pretty well in that context when it wouldn't for a regular queue. But that was my bad for no clarifying that well.

And yes, if MatPat jump scares you it counts for double :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom