The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

TwilightZone

It's time for some More Pooh Talk!

As creator of storm rescue I honestly NEVER seen storm chasers. Completely coincidental how similar they are. I was mostly inspired by dinosaur and test track with the story, so I was more expecting to hear one of those rides.

EDIT: Well it was a half and half creation with Pi, but I'm sure that's what he had in mind as well :p

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Drink.jpg

Take that haters.

TwilightZone

As creator of storm rescue I honestly NEVER seen storm chasers. Completely coincidental how similar they are. I was mostly inspired by dinosaur and test track with the story, so I was more expecting to hear one of those rides.

EDIT: Well it was a half and half creation with Pi, but I'm sure that's what he had in mind as well :p
After watching footage of it and it's replacement searider, it's an absolute shame it got replaced by that. While stormrider wasn't the most popular of the tokyo disney original ip rides (I only knew of it because it kept on being brought up in imagineering as a good choice to clone into epcot) and it became dated over time, it shouldn't have been replaced by nemo. Storm rider 2 or the original submarine race concept would have been so much better.
Anyways there's your off topic ramble of the day.

Orange Cat

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Pi the Disney Guy
Yo dawgs whatz the hizzahaps?

Pi the Disney Guy
I'm sorry. I've been rewatching American Dragon lately. It messes with your mind after awhile

Honey Bee
I can’t stay but hello everyone

I Am Error
I assume by street, you mean Sesame Street.

Pi the Disney Guy
Radiator Springs Land: The World of (Disney - Pixar) Cars

ThemePark Priest
You want the Moppets

ThemePark Priest
Good morning, Jokers!

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Heyyy

ThemePark Priest
Over/under for another Tiki Top Ten?

T B
sooooooo have I missed anything?

The Armchair Imagineers
Not much

ThemePark Priest
Nope just the usual banter

Tegan pilots a Chicken
That’s how we do 🤪💜

T B
Ight perferct

T B
YASSSSS TEGAN

T B
YOU GO TEGAN

T B
Nope it isnt

Tegan pilots a Chicken
MY HEART

ThemePark Priest
Is it because Tegan comments on everything?

I Am Error
I love how despite us all having opening threads we all chose the Living Seas plot for our pavilion.

T B
She has done Twist in Time amongst other things, but it's something she doesn't bring up due to her old account being a dead name

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Omg thank you guys so much!!!!!

Pi the Disney Guy
Go Tegan!

T B
In Twist in Time everything has been updated in my posts to be Tegan now tho ❤

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Thank you for that tcool 💜

I Am Error
Never ever put salt near a Snail. Expect massive vengeance from the snail.

Pi the Disney Guy
Game Pavilion!

Pi the Disney Guy
Monopoly E-Ticket

I Am Error
On Team Time, we were thinking about doing a Video Game Pavilion sponsored by Atari

ThemePark Priest
We considered a Game Pavilion too on Team Space

T B
I think a game pavilion was talked about Space as well

I Am Error
And then have it be sponsored by Sega in the 90's

Pi the Disney Guy
Our Game Pavilion was more sports/board games in the 80s. Then evolving into video games as time went on. But I think we all thought SEGA lol

Tegan pilots a Chicken
When a mom attraction and a dad attraction love each other very much,...

I Am Error
For a hot second I was thinking about putting a Sonic finale on the Wreck It Ralph coaster after deciding on the computer theme.

Pi the Disney Guy
Gringott's make me sick every time because the walls don't bounce with the floor. It is the same effect as laggy VR

ThemePark Priest
Some elevators don’t go up all the way...like at MIT

T B
Gringotts is my fave ride at universal studios

T B
Hagrids is kinda way too overhyped and not the best thing ever, and Forbidden Journey scares the living life outta me

Pi the Disney Guy
Gringotts is just overcomplicated. All it needed to be was underground Thunder Mountain. And yet it has basically nonstop exposition dialogue throughout

Pi the Disney Guy
GASP

Tegan pilots a Chicken
The stakes are raised!!

I Am Error
They're all from Watchmojo

b-wolf 95
**** I'M LATE

b-wolf 95
DID I MISS THEM TALKING ABOUT "THE WORLD ABOVE"?

ThemePark Priest
Did Tiki miss out on the Digital Kingdom stanza?

The Armchair Imagineers
Hahahaha No

I Am Error
Tiki should've read the Digital Frontiers project we did.

I Am Error
There was literally an Atari and Pac-Man dark ride in there. hahaha

T B
Should I feel bad knowing like none of these existed?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Was that “golf”?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Hahaha

I Am Error
Atari Golf still hasn't been topped by any animation in anything to this day.

T B
Awesome Planet is fun 🥺

Tegan pilots a Chicken
HAHAHAHA EXACTLY

I Am Error
Dinosaurs are cool.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
I feel so bad for liking Universe of Energy so much as a kid 😂😂

I Am Error
Realistically our remains will likely be reused as spray paint.

I Am Error
They did a ton of gnarly things with Mummys.

T B
Florida had an earthquake last year

I Am Error
That looks like the Pizza at Naples in DTD.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Aren’t we the theme park people?? Lol

ThemePark Priest
Now I feel old

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Thanks!!! 💜

Pi the Disney Guy
Challenge Accepted for the next SYWTBAI

b-wolf 95
LIES

ThemePark Priest
But the Disney Magazine had a great DCA issue

I Am Error
Appropriate considering the name of this competition.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
That’s honestly hilarious

Pi the Disney Guy
feee eee ee ee eeny!

I Am Error
It's John Cleese!

T B
So subtle and not at all forced plug

Pi the Disney Guy
Definitely was going for something along the lines of Dino Institute and Imagination Institute

Pi the Disney Guy
Dino Land is great

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Dino Land is my favorite part of Animal Kingdom even though I know it isn’t supposed to be lol

T B
Dinoland has the best ride in the park

T B
Mad love for Dinosaur

T B
Possibly best ride at the resort

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Hahahaha. The Dinosaur ride is by far my fave in the park

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Dinosaur was a huge inspiration for my Metroid ride

Pi the Disney Guy
If it wasn't for FoP, Dinosaur would be my favorite DAK ride

T B
The ammount of people in my school that say Helllllllllllooooooo Theeeeeerrrrreeeeeee when I post Dinosaur to my story

ThemePark Priest
We’re not going to make it...through all the projects!!

Tegan pilots a Chicken
OMG!!! 😂😂😂

ThemePark Priest
You hinted for us to use it. I tried to speak up for the manatees!

T B
PerGron our project had some animals though 👀

Tegan pilots a Chicken
We were totally going for realism with this one. I felt like that plot worked for our having a “natural” pavilion instead of a tech pavilion. If it was tech we would have put it on the other side

Pi the Disney Guy
Yeahhhhh, we had bigger plans early on for changing the theme heading from 90s to now. But things got scaled back leading to the 90s feeling a little scattered. Looking back, I should have changed it

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Oh, yeah, I LOVE the Seas pavilion too!! Haha

ThemePark Priest
Geology rocks!

Tegan pilots a Chicken
DEAR GOD!!!

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Thanks for all the kind words about our project yall!!

b-wolf 95
And sponsor revolved

ThemePark Priest
Does Joe Rohde drink Budweiser Zero?

b-wolf 95
*revoked

T B
Disney Dad

T B
The logo was Mickey Mouse Co

ThemePark Priest
But in the words of Tiki, I’ve got to bounce. Night all!

T B
Mickey Waffle co*

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Night Priest

The Armchair Imagineers
^That

The Armchair Imagineers
*^That's my new band name

Twilight Zone
yellow everyone

ThemePark Priest
Ha!

Tegan pilots a Chicken
🤘🏻🤘🏻

T B
I think it got damaged or something in the years on display or something?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Hi Twilight!!

Twilight Zone
hello tegan

Twilight Zone
👋

b-wolf 95
Shade!

T B
I mean Kitchen Kabaret was in the Land?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
If youuuu had winnnnnngs and a budget, a budget, a budget

b-wolf 95
There was some theme drift during brainstorming, if you couldn't tell.

T B
And Magic Kingdom had the three animatronic shows in the park next to each other

I Am Error
@T B wasn't the boat ride about growing food?

T B
Tik Room, Country Bears, and Mickey Mouse Revue

Twilight Zone
the weather show was the most interesting part, both the 80s and 90s version

Twilight Zone
it really fit epcot and its history

Twilight Zone
but it is pretty much weather kitchen kaberet haha

T B
The boat ride was but then symbiosis wasn't about food

T B
Disney Epcot

b-wolf 95
Do you want me to bring back the Mickey ****?

T B
Body Tours had vore

I Am Error
The Donner Party Experience

I Am Error
Woody

b-wolf 95
POV: You're Mickey Mouse's cheese

T B
A cell ate cells

T B
Like human voreish

Tegan pilots a Chicken
It’s a bunch of tiny spheres all packed together ??

Twilight Zone
is it like.....cake version of those dippin dots ice cream

I Am Error
What about that Pan Am Hotel, guys?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
That’s a thing?!!!

T B
As a Gen Z I can say I've been on an airport date

T B
It was...different

Twilight Zone
dang im gen z and i didnt know about airport dates

Twilight Zone
I guess though i was born in 99

Twilight Zone
so malls were still a thing

Twilight Zone
for a bit

T B
We were in the bed of the truck watching planes take off

T B
and then had dinner there

T B
Parking was terrible 😄

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Hahahahahahahah

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Tcool that actually sounds fun

Tegan pilots a Chicken
I had a similar experience at LAX a few years ago

T B
The guy made it awkward

I Am Error
The Ludwig Von Drake thing sounds like something that really could've happened.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
I mean fair lol!

I Am Error
Drama

T B
Ouija board summoned him

b-wolf 95
I've been waiting for this!

I Am Error
He's a time traveler. duh

I Am Error
He's a wizard, Harry

Twilight Zone
best attraction

Out bound
Disney recorded him in 1981 while building EPCOT "just in case" they needed him to do this

T B
You're welcome for Vanilla Snowflake

Tegan pilots a Chicken
I really appreciated how much Team Space lambasted the later Eisner years in their project

I Am Error
Does Food Rocks still exist in this universe?

T B
Yes Vanilla Snowflake joined the cast though

I Am Error
As a cereal mascot, I assume?

T B
No he's just there to haunt us

T B
Ight I guess I gotta drop out now

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Interchangeably 😂😂😂😂😂

b-wolf 95
Don't drop out for including Planes

I Am Error
A million Vanilla Snowflakes just drop out of the ceiling during the finale.

b-wolf 95
Drop out for posting Rickrolls

T B
Yes they all sing Ice Ice Baby

T B
Oh I was joking I wasn't planning too

I Am Error
Tron?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Omg!! I can’t unsee it now

I Am Error
It's not like there's anything inside the ride that would really become outdated other than the art direction.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Let’s all remember that all three of the projects were really really good and ultimately it’s gonna be small details that determine placement.

I Am Error
I think Texas Instruments was the more interesting choice. tbh

Tegan pilots a Chicken
I love the pun so much

I Am Error
Make sure to click on the Do Not Enter sign.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Can you imagine doing these competitions on a forum like that 😂😂

b-wolf 95
I have a promo book from opening day Epcot and the part where they talk about the "oh so amazing" touch screens at the information center is so ****ing hilarious!

I Am Error
I based it off walking through Innoventions in 2015.

I Am Error
Even included a line from Ralph dissing old EPCOT

b-wolf 95
Maria is a Tumblr Sexywoman

b-wolf 95
Like Tall Vampire Lady and Bowsette

I Am Error
Lucky, but he talks

I Am Error
Time for the meme desserts

b-wolf 95
exCUSE ME

b-wolf 95
Garfield confirmed for SA

I Am Error
I like lasagna

I Am Error
No one going to mention the Deep Fake Exhibit?

Tegan pilots a Chicken
This was a pretty damn long episode lol

I Am Error
I'll be honest that I added Mikey Mystic in as a joke.

Tegan pilots a Chicken
Thannnnnnks

I Am Error
See you in the next podcast with Team Time's Blockbuster Exploration! Byeeeee!

I Am Error
You like Mickey Mouse with muscles

b-wolf 95
No! Everyone must suffer!

I Am Error
Run and Stayaway Cartoons.
I swear it was a coincidence and not intentional that I had to leave right around the time they were finishing with Team Reality lol

Watched the rest later and it was entertaining as always! And thank you to @b-wolf95 for the chat log!

PerGron

Joe Rohde PerGron's Reviews

Before I review, I wanted to apologize for being so late, this weekend was wild and I'm just now able to start writing stuff. Next week my reviews will be more in-depth and timely. For this week though, I hope we can all appreciate the bullet point method, and you can go re-watch last night's MPT for some more in depth thoughts from me.
Space.png

Team space, of the three projects, yours was my personal favorite through the amazing artwork, the concept, and how true to Epcot the pavilion feels. However, I did have some nitpicks as well, leading to some overall problems with your pavilion. Big kudos to you guys for the concept art and pavilion logos!

Forecast Follies
  • I really enjoyed this show. It was certainly derivative of Kitchen Kabaret, but to me, that's totally okay. I like animatronic shows and things like this absolutely fit Epcot, especially in its original incarnation.
  • I do have to say, however, this attraction really doesn't fit the theme of aviation. There are ways that it could've fit, and I know you had the "sky" theme, but where all of the other attractions were based on planes or flight, this show, as good as it is, doesn't fit super well.
  • I do want to hear the sun sing a Beach Boys-style song!
  • Forecast Follies is great, it's honestly my favorite thing you guys have. I would've loved to have seen this be a weather pavilion over an aviation pavilion, but overall, I really enjoyed this attraction especially.
  • 2.0 is about the worst thing I've ever seen, honestly. Vanilla Ice superimposed on a cardboard snowflake: Why? The adlibbing raindrops are atrocious as well. This whole thing is horribly conceived and totally feels straight out of the late Eisner era. The realism here is phenomenal.
Take Flight
  • This attraction was a really interesting concept as a sort of prototype to Soarin', but overall, I feel like it was less focused on the flying aspect itself rather than the travel.
  • I do really like your first scene though, especially with the dialogue from the tower. I could really imagine this being a real thing. Great job on it!
  • Honestly, I just got real Soarin' vibes from this. I know Soarin' comes into your pavilion later and that this is a dark ride rather than a simulator, but it still feels too similar. I honestly would've preferred if you switched this with the film and made that the ride and this the film.
  • Overall, however, it is a solid attraction, so good job.
The Mouse
  • Not much to say here other than I thought this was a really good idea. Seeing this docked at the pavilion would've been a really neat sight, though I do wish we could board the plane.
  • Adding "Planes" to it. Stop. Stop it. Get some help. You all lose. I hate you. Go home. You're all fired. You're bad and you should feel bad. Etc.
The Sky Was the Limit
  • This film is what I honestly think the attraction should've been. It would've been like a more-focused World of Motion and I think the idea would've really flourished in that way.
  • I also like the exhibits that are mentioned here. I love the education aspect of old Epcot, so its nice to see that make an appearance here.
  • The Ludwig Von Drake addition makes absolute sense for a 1990s upgrade as Ludwig certainly fits the Epcot motif. The film itself is still interesting with his presence as well.
Soarin'
  • Soarin' replacing Take Flight makes sense and I do like the idea of Soarin' across America as opposed to just California, I think this is a great natural fit. Replacing a classic dark ride is unfortunate, but also something that totally fits the Epcot 2000s motif as well.
  • I wonder with Soarin' being here, what would replace Food Rocks over at The Land? Not an issue with your project, just an interesting thought.
  • Updating Soarin' to Soarin' Around the World makes sense too, despite you confirming it is the disappointing version.
The Rocketeer vs The Robot Hordes.
  • I adore The Rocketeer, so this definitely feels like a natural fit here. A KUKA arm attraction really suits this idea as well and overall I really appreciate this attraction (especially if it was at DHS instead of Epcot).
  • It would've been very easy to just go with like Iron Man or move Guardians here, so I'm glad you decided to go with an original Disney IP instead of finding a way to stuff Marvel in here.
  • Just what Disney needed too, N a z i s. There is a striking lack of them at Epcot, and now they complete the trifecta, alongside plants and dinosaurs.
Dining and Shopping
  • Admittedly, I don't have a ton to say here about the shopping or dining. Unless something really creative or unique appears, it's just standard, and that's where I'm at here. It's all great, all of the options make sense, and it all fits thematically, I just don't have a whole lot to say about it. Good job nonetheless.

Last edited:

PerGron

PerGron Joe Rohde's Reviews

reality.gif

Team reality definitely had, in my opinion, the best concept. The entire idea was so unique and fits this part of Future World super well, unlike the other two pavilions. However, for me, where this pavilion falls a little bit flat is in its later iterations. Some of the decisions made here challenged me, honestly, but still were great additions, just maybe didn't fit super thematically well.

Also, @Tegan pilots a chicken your handwriting is very similar to mine and when I first looked at it, I was wondering how y'all got ahold of my writing, then realized I've never written with a pink pen. Neither here nor there, I just thought it was funny. Anyway, it's bullet time!

Beneath Our Feet
  • Honestly, out of everything presented in this round, this attraction was my favorite thing from any team. Geology is such a unique theme park concept and being able to do it without tying in dinosaurs as well is super great (as much as I adore dinosaurs).
  • The map and all of the other art pieces here are just phenomenal as well. I love seeing handmade artwork in these competitions, it just feels homemade, and that's an aesthetic I'm very into.
  • As you may know, I LOVE boring dark rides. Give me something that's just cruising past set pieces with a narrator teaching me things and I'm in love. This fits that so well. I can't commend this attraction enough, great job!
  • The 1998 redo is a-okay with me, though I would like to keep the Sherman Brother's song because even though it doesn't actually exist, it's still a treasure. The Christina Aguilera version will never do it justice smh.
How Our World Formed
  • The title of this one is a little clunky. It's not a huge detractor, but I feel like it's missing a "was" in there.
  • Overall, this is another thing that I freaking adore. Give me a boring movie about a topic that you learn about in Middle School Science, throw in a cute character, and Badda bing, Badda boom, you've appeased PerGron. This is not sarcastic, I adored this.
  • Editing this down, putting the educational stuff on the backburner, and increasing the slapstick is very realistic for Eisner-era, and because of that, I hate it. It's too realistic. Give me back my boring rock movie!
The Rock Works
  • These are some pretty interesting and unique games and interactive exhibits. All of these things are super neat, so good job.
  • My personal favorite thing here was the Quarry Gallery. It reminded me of the geology section of the Smithsonian Natural History Museum where you walk through this huge collection of precious gemstones. Of course, here there is no cursed diamond or anything (unfortunately) but it is still great nonetheless.
  • Earth's Crust is about the best pun for a pizzeria that I can think of and I hate you guys for coming up with me before I could.
ERS
  • I don't have a ton to say here, but I did just want to bring up how good of an idea this is. That's it. It's a great idea. Good job!
Storm Rescue
  • And this is where you lose me. Why did both amazing weather projects go into a pavilion that is so distinctly not about the weather? It's a funny double-up you guys did there.
  • Honestly, I'm not a huge coaster guy, I'll leave that up to the likes of Tiki and the others, but nonetheless I do like coasters well enough and this coaster is a well-themed one and I'm sure would be a crowd-pleaser.
  • This also feels very reminiscent of Dinosaur, which is my absolute favorite ride at Disney World (not counting Kilimanjaro Safaris as it's not a ride, it's animal viewing with extra steps), so kudos there.
ERS Labs
  • Just like with storm rescue, it's the shift to weather that bothers me here. Everything is excellently done and crafted and reminds me of weather-themed exhibits I've seen at different museums, but honestly, it's just not thematically consistent with the idea of being under the surface.
  • Rest in Peace to Earth's Crust :'(
Shopping
  • It all fits. Good job. I like the Rocky merch.

Overall, I really liked the original version of this pavilion, but for me, the shift to weather and then just doing bullet points (yes I see the irony) for the 2020s is what took it down a bit for me. You guys should still be insanely proud though, because of all of the pavilions I'd be okay with taking over my beloved Living Seas, the 1982 version of this pavilion would get my personal blessing. Great job!

Orange Cat

Also, @Tegan pilots a chicken your handwriting is very similar to mine and when I first looked at it, I was wondering how y'all got ahold of my writing, then realized I've never written with a pink pen. Neither here nor there, I just thought it was funny
Oh good we have someone who can forge your signature
I like the Rocky merch.
Thanks!

PerGron

Joe's Reviews

Team Time.png
Alright, so I've raved about the last two projects, and then I had to bow out for much of the discussion about this one on More Pooh Talk, so I haven't really gotten to say much about this project. And honestly, with all the respect I have, I just don't have much to say about it in general. You guys knocked it out of the park with your concept and your presentation, so definitely be proud, it's just not something that I personally am appealed by, so I just don't have the passion for it that I did the others. That's in no way any of your fault and I will be commending all of your amazing work here, I just wanted to be totally forward with you guys as to why this may be a more cut and dry review. It's not because you guys had a bad project, it's just not something that really really appealed to me. But I am a judge and I have to judge fairly, so let's get into it.

First off, again, the artwork here is phenomenal. The two different versions of the pavilion logo are both great and fit right in with the rest of the pavilion logos throughout Future World, so great job to the artists who designed these.

The Compu-Tour
  • First off, the pun is just *chef's kiss*. I love a good pun, and this is one of the best in the comp so far.​
  • This concept is also amazing. Like, we today take for granted how revolutionary computers were when they first came out and I think this is something that absolutely translates into an Epcot dark ride. And while we complained a bit about the pavilion needing to be constantly updated, I don't think that goes for this attraction as much as with the rest of the pavilion. This attraction is pretty timeless.​
  • I could really see this one being a fan-favorite even to this day in the same way that other OG Epcot attractions are.​
Cyber Showcase
  • Another selection of great educational activity exhibits. My personal favorite is probably World of Information as it feels so incredibly Epcot. The rest of them are also great and are very 80s takes on computers as well.​
Web Surfer
  • Again, I'm really not a coaster guy, and coasters are so tough to write, but if Epcot were to get an internet-themed coaster, I do think this one is the way to go, it really was super interesting and super unique.​
  • It is unfortunate the Compu-Tour was removed, but this is a really realistic take as well on the real fake history of this pavilion.​

Ralph and Vanelope's Compu-Tour
  • You went and removed the Compu-Tour and then you have the gall, the absolute GALL to bring the name back. Look how you've massacred my boy.​
  • In all seriousness, this attraction feels incredibly realistic and is a perfect way to incorporate Wreck-It Ralph into the park.​
  • As I'm not a Wreck-It Ralph fan (AT ALL) I don't have a ton to say about it as I never saw the second movie and never plan on it, but from what you've done, it seems to match the aesthetic, so good job on that one.​
  • Overall, I think this would be a very popular modern attraction and I love the detail you guys put into it!​
Tech Talk
  • Overall, this is a really good idea. I do think to be thematically consistent, having a Wreck-It Ralph character would make sense, but I'm also kinda glad y'all didn't go that route because I do absolutely abhor Wreck-It Ralph (it's an unhealthy hatred really).​
  • Since Turtle Talk doesn't exist, it's nice to have filled that niche with this show, so that was a good idea for sure.​
Shopping and Dining
  • Like the others, not a ton to say here. It's good, it fits, lasagna is a hilarious addition, and overall, you guys made some solid choices here.​

In the end, this is objectively a phenomenal pavilion that deserves very high marks. However, at the same time, so aren't the other two, so it really, for me at least, came down to subjectivity. Don't feel bad at all for your work, you guys did a great job and Epcot would be lucky to have any of these three pavilions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom