The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

DashHaber

"All missions have been delayed"

I'm in the queue before the first preshow, I'm praying it's going to start up again.

Ahhh, the suspense.
Mickeynerd if they don't reopen before the day is done:

tumblr_p10asv5WKK1ry1a4mo1_540.gifv

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I wish you good luck @Mickeynerd17!!

The last time I got on the ride was in January 2020 and I never actually completed the experience. We got stuck in the queue, then made it on the ride. Then about halfway through, we got evacuated. We came back around an hour later and got straight on only to get stuck and evacuated once again. The odds were not in my favor...
Disney were able to create a traveling theater attraction that guided two sets of six literal theater sized ride vehicles through multiple rooms and show scenes all via a guide wire in the floor. It was partially powered by solar panels on its roof, and the vehicles themselves were contactless charged with batteries in the floor of the main turntable. It was appallingly complex. And it worked. Beautifully.

In 1982.

In 2021 Rise of the Resistance breaks down every day. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Disney were able to create a traveling theater attraction that guided two sets of six literal theater sized ride vehicles through multiple rooms and show scenes all via a guide wire in the floor. It was partially powered by solar panels on its roof, and the vehicles themselves were contactless charged with batteries in the floor of the main turntable. It was appallingly complex. And it worked. Beautifully.
Forgive me for my lack of Epcot knowledge, but was this Universe of Energy?

D Hulk

In 1982.

In 2021 Rise of the Resistance breaks down every day. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
That seems perfectly in-character for the Star Wars franchise.

1980: The Empire Strikes Back

2019: The Rise of Skywalker

Mickeynerd17

Alright, I got through all of RotR with no issues. Despite the breakdown, all the effects were working including the Kylo animatronic, so no B modes. Here's my review:

Initial thoughts:

HOLY... COW

RotR is INSANE. This is what happens when they shove a ton of money into something!?!?!? Geeze. I'll have to plan two days at Hollywood next trip because one ride does NOT do that thing justice. Alright, on to the entire experience:

Virtual Queue/Boarding Groups:

First off, I don't like how the virtual queue forces your entire HWS day to revolve around getting a time. I didn't get in the 7:00 because I was on the wrong page but I did get in the 1:00, but I took a chunk of time while someone else in my party was in line for Slinky to get the boarding pass. I could've used that time to ride something else. Then again, because of spring break crowds I would've only spent more time in a queue, so I'm still mixed on that one.

That said, I completely understand now why they did boarding groups because literally everyone would be in line for that ride. It's just too darn good!

Ride Review (don't worry, no spoilers here!)

The theming is on-par with what an old-school EPCOT omnimover would look like, albeit with modern tech. It honestly look like something you would find at Tokyo.

Ok, I'm about dead right now, I'll finish this probably over the weekend or something after I get home. Got EPCOT tomorrow.

tcool123

That said, I completely understand now why they did boarding groups because literally everyone would be in line for that ride. It's just too darn good!
During cast previews for the park's reopening they tried standby. Lines were regularly 2 to 4 hours long snaking all the way from Galaxy's Edge into Grand Avenue into Muppet Vision's overflow queue into the backstage area of Grand Avenue and into the basktage area of Battuu multiple times even after the first pre show.

And that was just cast imagine now that Disney is at 45% capacity and fully booked out during Spring Break 🥴

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
During cast previews for the park's reopening they tried standby. Lines were regularly 2 to 4 hours long snaking all the way from Galaxy's Edge into Grand Avenue into Muppet Vision's overflow queue into the backstage area of Grand Avenue and into the basktage area of Battuu multiple times even after the first pre show.

And that was just cast imagine now that Disney is at 45% capacity and fully booked out during Spring Break 🥴
I’m really curious what it’s gonna be like when Spider-man opens at DCA.

tcool123

I’m really curious what it’s gonna be like when Spider-man opens at DCA.
My guess is , if it opens at all, not too bad. DCA has a lot more attractions to spread out capacity than DHS, and CA is more restrictive at theme parks.

If Disney can get away with plexiglass on Spider-Man then they should be able to run with full capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom