The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Does that make Jokers Daffy?
6164674D-7F82-4163-B759-5F3BCA57785A.jpeg

pix

Meanwhile at Charlie's Chocolate Factory

"Well @Solaris Knight you won the bet, nobody had the same concept this round" glumly says @MickeyWaffleCo. as he hands Solaris their winnings consisting of Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. "So I know we all have been having fun, but does nobody think it's weird how we're somehow in 2011?" asked @MickeyWaffleCo. "Hey all I know is I have one last shot at riding Jaws!" replied @Imagineer Brandon. With the excitement of riding the now extinct ride the teams began to make their way towards Amity Island, but the teams stop in front of mysterious construction walls on the outskirts of Production Central.

"Um what is this place?" queried @TwilightZone . "This was the home of Hercules and Xena: Wizards of the Screen, but the site wasn't worked on till next year." answered a confused @ThemeParkPriest . From behind a door in the construction walls the mysterious duo of @tcool123 and @goofyyukyuk appear once more.

extinct-attractions-hercules-xena-wizards-of-the-screen-2.jpeg

"Teams it seems like we just caught you at the right time!" cheerfully exclaimed @tcool123 . "Suuuuuuure you are" says @SplashZander laden with sarcasm, as the last time the teams had seen the duo they did walk out of a hotel's random explosion. "We have an update on these twists in time! The overwhelming parallel realities emerging from all the Imagineering competitions has caused these time vortexes that brought all of us here!" informs @goofyyukyuk . "However we have reason to believe that these vortexes have caused alternate personalities to return to life! My associate and I have been running around capturing them, but be warned they are dangerous!" cautions @tcool123 . The duo from tcool labs hands out a list of dangerous personalities.

Wanted Personalities
Assumed to be Dangerous and Reckless

tcool - last seen in Singapore, reward: a pat on the back.
Pufflefan - last seen on Club Penguin Island, reward: admiration.
MonorailRed - apprehended in the back of an Applebee's.
OutboundFlight - last seen falling down a shaft, reward: a hug.
PerGronStudio - last seen touring zoos, reward: tube socks.
Pi From 2018 - apprehended while shopping at a Kmart.
D Hindley - last seen soliciting at DisneySky, reward: a Costco Card.
1SC Pi - last seen writing a paragraph, reward: a good night's sleep.
goofyyukyukyuk17 - last seen watching Yogi Bear, reward: a picnic.
2001DISNEYFAN - apprehended in line to buy Flounder merchandise.

"Uh no offense, but these rewards aren't that great" says @DashHaber timidly. "Speak for yourself! I haven't slept more than a hour in the last three months! I'm coming for you @1SC Pi " yells out @Tegan pilots a chicken . "Imagineers if you see any of these fiends alert us quickly! We will inform you once more if we have anymore information on the anomalies!" yells @goofyyukyuk enthusiastically. As the duo disappear the teams are left standing in front of the vacant theater.​
Haha past me is in the clear!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Even before that time in 2018, there was some good content but not good personalities. Worse part is that most never changed upon migration. Well some did but they got worst.
I have a very divided opinion. A lot of toxic behavior for sure, but going back to the early days of the site, it was actually one of the first places that helped me understand,....all of this *gestures to entire self*

So for that part I’m thankful.

Chaos Cat

I actually still use Tumblr and it's honestly a pretty nice place these days. Okay, I'd still call it a bit of a hellsite at times, but in kind of a affectionate way. It's like a cat: some days you really want to strangle it, but you ultimately can't bring yourself to genuinely hate it.

Mind you, some of that might be because of how much other social media sites such as Twitter have degraded and made Tumblr look good by competition.

DisneyManOne

Guest Reviews: Stanza IX

Team Reality -- Doctor Who: Timewarp

I admit, I am not at all familiar with the Doctor Who mythos. But I could easily see this as a legitimate Universal Orlando attraction! And considering that you guys had the longest overall discussion thread between the three, it's clear that you had a lot of ideas to sift through and a great interest in your source material.

The TARDIS effect was quite clever, showcasing the "bigger on the inside" aspect perfectly! Likewise, I really dig the notion that the ride would be updated every time the Doctor is regenerated. It's such a cool way to keep things fresh! It will definitely help the re-rideability factor. And the ride itself was fantastic! I love the mood, the animatronics, the vehicle, it was a really good ride! And again, since I have little knowledge of Doctor Who, I think that anyone, regardless of how much they know, would absolutely get a kick out of it!

The shop was, likewise, a unique concept and I quite enjoy the DIY Sonic Screwdriver aspect. I'm honestly imagining a scenario where Universal makes this more of a seller in order to directly compete with Savi's Workshop.

Overall, a very strong concept!

Team Space -- Charlie's Chocolate Factory

Wow! This was an absolute delight on every level! Given how Universal nowadays has quite a strong relationship with Warner Bros., doing a Willy Wonka attraction here just seems so natural! Right off the bat, the exterior does a good job at setting the mood! Also, the "0 Days Since Our Last Accident" sign is a perfect fit for the Wonka factory.
The Wonkavator set-up was quite nice. And as I was watching the progress of this attraction, I must commend you all for opting to tell a new story with these characters, rather than just recap the plot of the original. When the "book-report" idea was pitched, I feared that this would bring your project down tremendously. But the story you crafted yourselves was excellent!

I know you mentioned that the finale was meant to be your Peter Pan London equivalent, but to me, that honor goes to the Chocolate Room scene. And did you ever perfectly evoke such feelings in your work here! I can picture children looking back on this scene like they look back on London, and being hit with a wave of nostalgia and childhood!

However, part of me was hoping we'd get to see what the "real" Slugworth looks like during the part where Charlie worries about the competition. Speaking of which, I'm kinda shocked Mr. Wilkinson didn't make any appearances in the ride. Given that he's Wonka's right-hand man, it'd seem fitting to have him be part of the ride, as well. Or would he retire alongside Wonka, as well?

The new rooms you crafted were wonderful. The Maze Room was so deliciously Dahl-esque, and it was nice to finally see what the Juicing Room looked like. As I was reading the last scene, my mind instantly reminded me of the finale to the West End version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the Musical.

The shop was delightfully whimsical, as well. My mouth is watering just thinking about those wonderful candies you invented! Absolutely well done, Team Space! A well-deserved win! Also, I'd just like to point out that it was because of you guys that I decided to reinstate my own Wonka attraction concept for Mirror Walt Disney World (it's now gonna be in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom instead of Disney's Hollywoodland), so thank you very much for providing me with that, as Dreamfinder would say, "one little spark of inspiration!"

Team Time -- A Universal Journey

With only ten pages worth of discussion, one might think it could lead to a subpar project. But you guys certainly proved such thoughts false. This ride was an ingenious concept; one that would feel right at home in the park! I mean, if Universal still had the Hitchcock film open, with this next door, both attractions would serve as the perfect way to ease guests into a day of fun at Universal Studios Florida!

The concept of this ride is pure catnip for film buffs. Combining Star Tours with The Great Movie Ride is like combining chocolate and peanut butter, and you guys did fantastic here. You must have really combed through the Universal archives to choose which ones to feature here.

However, I feel like an attraction like this would better suit Universal Studios Hollywood, especially considering that most of the films represented here aren't represented at the Hollywood park. Florida still has E.T. and Woody Woodpecker (and we may get Frankenstein, if Epic Universe well and truly gets a Monster land), but Hollywood doesn't have E.T., Back to the Future, the OG Jurassic Park or the OG Kong. I can easily buy the concept that this was built for Universal's 100th anniversary, but I do have the feeling that it would eventually close in Florida after a while.

But nonetheless, this was still a strong concept, and you all deserve recognition for brilliant work!

Mickeynerd17

While I did enjoy the Minecraft ride video it felt a bit incomplete to me? It was the video through grassy fields when I had expected some of the scenes recreated, but it was meant to be more of the flow. I do wish to acknowledge the work put it as I know Minecraft projects can be very time consuming, but in something like this it may have been more affective to travel through one show stopping scene built out somehow? With that said I do enjoy it to see how the track would flow and rise.
My original plan was to build the entire thing, but it's extremely difficult to build a ride on that scale in two days, AKA I miscalculated what it took to finish, so I just modified my presentation. Glad you enjoyed it anyway!

spacemt354

Chili's
Guest Reviews: Stanza IX

Team Reality -- Doctor Who: Timewarp

I admit, I am not at all familiar with the Doctor Who mythos. But I could easily see this as a legitimate Universal Orlando attraction! And considering that you guys had the longest overall discussion thread between the three, it's clear that you had a lot of ideas to sift through and a great interest in your source material.

The TARDIS effect was quite clever, showcasing the "bigger on the inside" aspect perfectly! Likewise, I really dig the notion that the ride would be updated every time the Doctor is regenerated. It's such a cool way to keep things fresh! It will definitely help the re-rideability factor. And the ride itself was fantastic! I love the mood, the animatronics, the vehicle, it was a really good ride! And again, since I have little knowledge of Doctor Who, I think that anyone, regardless of how much they know, would absolutely get a kick out of it!

The shop was, likewise, a unique concept and I quite enjoy the DIY Sonic Screwdriver aspect. I'm honestly imagining a scenario where Universal makes this more of a seller in order to directly compete with Savi's Workshop.

Overall, a very strong concept!

Team Space -- Charlie's Chocolate Factory

Wow! This was an absolute delight on every level! Given how Universal nowadays has quite a strong relationship with Warner Bros., doing a Willy Wonka attraction here just seems so natural! Right off the bat, the exterior does a good job at setting the mood! Also, the "0 Days Since Our Last Accident" sign is a perfect fit for the Wonka factory.
The Wonkavator set-up was quite nice. And as I was watching the progress of this attraction, I must commend you all for opting to tell a new story with these characters, rather than just recap the plot of the original. When the "book-report" idea was pitched, I feared that this would bring your project down tremendously. But the story you crafted yourselves was excellent!

I know you mentioned that the finale was meant to be your Peter Pan London equivalent, but to me, that honor goes to the Chocolate Room scene. And did you ever perfectly evoke such feelings in your work here! I can picture children looking back on this scene like they look back on London, and being hit with a wave of nostalgia and childhood!

However, part of me was hoping we'd get to see what the "real" Slugworth looks like during the part where Charlie worries about the competition. Speaking of which, I'm kinda shocked Mr. Wilkinson didn't make any appearances in the ride. Given that he's Wonka's right-hand man, it'd seem fitting to have him be part of the ride, as well. Or would he retire alongside Wonka, as well?

The new rooms you crafted were wonderful. The Maze Room was so deliciously Dahl-esque, and it was nice to finally see what the Juicing Room looked like. As I was reading the last scene, my mind instantly reminded me of the finale to the West End version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the Musical.

The shop was delightfully whimsical, as well. My mouth is watering just thinking about those wonderful candies you invented! Absolutely well done, Team Space! A well-deserved win! Also, I'd just like to point out that it was because of you guys that I decided to reinstate my own Wonka attraction concept for Mirror Walt Disney World (it's now gonna be in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom instead of Disney's Hollywoodland), so thank you very much for providing me with that, as Dreamfinder would say, "one little spark of inspiration!"

Team Time -- A Universal Journey

With only ten pages worth of discussion, one might think it could lead to a subpar project. But you guys certainly proved such thoughts false. This ride was an ingenious concept; one that would feel right at home in the park! I mean, if Universal still had the Hitchcock film open, with this next door, both attractions would serve as the perfect way to ease guests into a day of fun at Universal Studios Florida!

The concept of this ride is pure catnip for film buffs. Combining Star Tours with The Great Movie Ride is like combining chocolate and peanut butter, and you guys did fantastic here. You must have really combed through the Universal archives to choose which ones to feature here.

However, I feel like an attraction like this would better suit Universal Studios Hollywood, especially considering that most of the films represented here aren't represented at the Hollywood park. Florida still has E.T. and Woody Woodpecker (and we may get Frankenstein, if Epic Universe well and truly gets a Monster land), but Hollywood doesn't have E.T., Back to the Future, the OG Jurassic Park or the OG Kong. I can easily buy the concept that this was built for Universal's 100th anniversary, but I do have the feeling that it would eventually close in Florida after a while.

But nonetheless, this was still a strong concept, and you all deserve recognition for brilliant work!

Excellent reviews, DisneyManOne - thank you!

Mickeynerd17

STANZA IX RESULTS

@goofyyukyuk has been swamped with some real life things, but nevertheless we still had time to discuss the results for this stanza. Expect his reviews to still come out at some point and time.

The results were very hard to come to and led to much debate between @goofyyukyuk and I, and no matter the results we decided on all the projects were great this stanza. You guys are really making this difficult, but keep it up with the great work!

Team Time
Formatting errors, some of the movies selected, and the gift shop is what landed the team in the third place placing. The gift shop felt lacking in comparison to the customizable merchandising experiences that Space and Reality both had. With that said the concept of the ride is a solid one, and definitely something to be proud of.

Team Reality
This is a close one, but inconsistencies here and there, the concern of ride stops, and a potential barrier to entry to regular guests played a factor into the teams second place placing. With that said the amount of detail and passion was amazing to see.

Team Space
This is the first time they would win, and rightfully so in my opinion. Their concept has a magic charm that many Universal rides contain, and while the project was simple it was extremely effective at conveying the core message and themes of Willy Wonka in a ride form.
FINALLY!!!!!!

Lol, I just woke up, so I'm finally reading all of these. 🤣

pix

W're going live in about 20, but if anyone wants to post any insight to the design process of their projects that would be amazing. We'll be covering the last two stanzas tonight.
My design process was I like tumblr and I used to be a big tumblr whovian (it's why I started watching the show partly) and I used to write in circular gallifreyan so it was a fun challenge for me tapping into my old interests, and I thought going super out of the box was fun.

Chaos Cat

Going Live at 9:30 pm eastern on the new channel to cover the last two projects!

Chat archive, feat. the ZooFatherTail fandom
Pi the Disney Guy
LATE

NewHorizonsMusic
RELAX WERE TALKING ABOUT MORMONISM

T B
At least some things never change 🙄🤭

The Armchair Imagineers
We're looking for the projects

b-wolf 95
'Sup, ! It's ya boi, b-wolf!

Pi the Disney Guy
MPT timezone

Honey Bee AKA Team Reality Representative
I’m Here! [catches breath]

Pi the Disney Guy
Season 5! It was the only Podcast I did solo!

[message retracted]

[message retracted]

[message retracted]

T B
It's the second he did it back for New York. Shannon did it during the Digital Kingdom challenge

Prompt: Make A Restaurant & Ride. Results: Hotel

T B
Hotel Transylvania The Musical

Okay If you say so

Matthew Shireman
Budweiser Zero Hotel

Pi the Disney Guy
The Shining the Musical

A theater can be a hotel if you hide in it

[drinks diet water]

Hotel Trivago The Musical

b-wolf 95
This round was kind of messy for us in Team Space. We came up with the Lego Space theme pretty early, but someone suggested doing something in Bollywood near the end of the first day and (part 1/?)

T B
well meat on good friday is a no go if I'm not mistaken

Goats are adorable why would they do this

b-wolf 95
(part2)...the resulting debate took up a lot of time and put up behind. It's a miracle we got second place

T B
so thats what catholics?

Pi the Disney Guy
More Pooh Talk. The biggest fans of Goat Balls

T B
I had a pet goat! She had many babies, and then I never saw her again

[message retracted]

[message retracted]

T B
Techinally Capybara (giant hamster) is a fish so you can eat that druing Lent

T B
You can thank the Pope or someone on that level for that odd technicality

Matthew Shireman
There’s a classic Space set with a monorail

How?

is it not a rodent

T B
Catholcis

He sure is

T B
Pope is the Leader of the Catholics*

T B
Not this one I think

T B
The people of like Peru were begging for it

T B
cause they were starving

So unique that two teams did it

As Americans are known to dress

Matthew Shireman
It was Sharon&Susan who suggested Hidden Side

b-wolf 95
So, Mission Breakout?

BUDWEISER ZERO BUDWEISER ZERO BUDWEISER ZERO

It was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen

Hilarious

GOD DAMMIT

Fair Point

This project should’ve lost since this menu is crap

i’m joking

i’m joking

Pi the Disney Guy
I really loved the ghost designing and sending them to the rides! That was such a cool concept!

Pi the Disney Guy
TRASH CANS

TRASH CANS TRASH CANS TRASH CANS

b-wolf 95
The Pimple?

That would’ve been great

Pi the Disney Guy
It's kinda interesting with the Team Realtiy setting. We started with the Farm ride idea. Sorta like a LEGO Living with the Land. Then we thought about adding ghosts. THEN we added Hidden Sides lol

T B
he is not

b-wolf 95
MickeyNerd is on Space

Pi the Disney Guy
Nope. We did it to bully MickeyNerd lol

Yeah he isn’t

That’s not really how that happened lol

Pi the Disney Guy
They were farmers, but we killed them

Hahaha

b-wolf 95
Demonetized

Hahahahahha

SoYouWant ToBeAnImagineer
The lunatics can keep the asylum for the night. I'm half asleep haha.

Super excited about this channel!

IT'S THE GHOST OF YANKEE JIM!!

Ha

[message retracted]

b-wolf 95
Creepypasta ride

[message retracted]

Hate that

Pi the Disney Guy
All Tegan but the GIF

b-wolf 95
Jesus, Honey Bee's getting more retracted than a SCP entry

T B
Tegan I believe

Tegan

Ha

IT MUST BE THE GHOST OF YANKEE JIM

“NIGEL COME BACK”

You’ll be thanking us when you want autumn foods 😜

b-wolf 95
Missing getting rousted? I never knew the hosts of More Pooh Talk were masochists

I wonder who added that...

b-wolf 95
*roasted

Pi the Disney Guy
That's why I make the recycling cans! For Bud 0

Ha

T B
What is Autumn?

T B
And what is Autumn food?

Fall

It’s a word for fall

b-wolf 95
What does rousted mean?

Pi the Disney Guy
Autumn is when Pie. Autumn food is Pie

& I’m just talking about pumpkin spice & stuff like that

T B
oh

T B
i dont eat none of that

b-wolf 95
Okay, it's not as bad as I thought it was

T B
makes sense why i didnt know ☠

It means harass so I guess that works

I’m not surprised

That campaign was both wrong & also slightly... well wrong but in another sense

T B
Raya and the Last Dragon for Animal Kingdom

b-wolf 95
[message deleted]

It’s so not happening

Have you Uh seen the links?

T B
I mean they've been working on the site for Epic Universe even when they said they stopped. They were constantly moving dirt and stuff these last few months

T B
Glad to hear you guys enjoyed the turn to Universal :)\

Matthew Shireman
Some are links, some are just blue text

Pi the Disney Guy
Team Reality almost did the remake Charlie and the the Chocolate Factory. I'm glad we didn't, but that would have really been an interesting comparison between the two teams lol

Pi the Disney Guy
Most Uni rides aren't Uni stuff lol

T B
Yea

Most Universal rides aren’t Universal IPs

Pi the Disney Guy
Transformers, Potter, Simpsons, Men in Black

T B
TBH it's harder to find a ride at Universal thats a Universal IP

Matthew Shireman
A beloved set of characters...ride through a magical chocolate factory...sweet recipe

b-wolf 95
DRINK

Oh yeah

b-wolf 95
We considered a water ride, but there wasn't enough space for one.

Matthew Shireman
We considered a water ride but the building was too small

b-wolf 95
@Matthew Shireman JINX

Pi the Disney Guy
It is bigger than Pooh (WDW), but smaller than Carousel of Progress

T B
#JusticeforDepp

Pi the Disney Guy
If there was room for a water ride, there is a good chance Reality would've gone with Pirates who Don't do Anything from VeggieTales

T B
I really love that version, sue me and my childhood memories

Who Are You T B?

Matthew Shireman
Kids don’t go to PerGron’s house for Halloween. You’re not getting candy!

T B
Tcool

T B
Thank god, I thought PerGron was the person that hands out toothbrushes

Pi the Disney Guy
PerGron hands out pamphlets of fun facts about animals

He would

Matthew Shireman
Yeah jinx really!

OH NO

The true horror

b-wolf 95
He's making human-animal hybrids so that the whole world is a zoo

Rain Forest Cafe is sick

Matthew Shireman
Rainforest Cafe is a way of life

GOD DAMMIT

T B
The whole world is already a zoo if you think about it

I’ve only been once but it was sick

T B
TBH I kinda hate Rainforest Cafe, the food is terrible. But can

T B
say I love the ambience

The food isn’t great but it’s good enough to me to be worth it given the atmosphere

T B
Truth, might just be its lost its allure since its just at my local mall back at home

Okay as Someone who can’t cook I could still do better but I’m just trying to convince myself going to that restaurant is sane

T B
Jaws was open during the prompt actually

Matthew Shireman
And no Transformers in the musical

T B
He is very popular in Brazil still hence the Woody Woodpecker live action film from there

Pi the Disney Guy
That live action woody woodpecker was SO BAD. I loved it

Pi the Disney Guy
Reality was real close to Adventure Time too!

We were considering AT

As well

b-wolf 95
Space didn't considered Adventure Time at all. Which make us the most creative team.

T B
I think the Spongebob StorePants was like a cheap overhaul of the old shop there

Good For You

Pi the Disney Guy
They didn't open the Spongebob store until after Jimmy Neutron closed since that had a big Nick store

Me too

Me too

I’ve never used that site

Until now

Pi the Disney Guy
Sherlock

Pi the Disney Guy
We should have done a SuperWhoLock ride lol

T B
That Tangled, Brave, How to train your dragons, and rise of the gaurdians too

Pi the Disney Guy
ZooFatherTail

[message retracted]

Zoo father goes wild

b-wolf 95
Tumblr's actually pretty good these day. Mostly do to the fact that most other major sites have gone completely to .

What a way to start this channel

[message retracted]

T B
Rainforest Cafe the Musical confirmed?

Pi the Disney Guy
That was a frontrunner for sure!

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

b-wolf 95
That's why PerGron want to make everyone animal hybrids. Then everything is related to animals and PerGron will understand everything.

T B
PerGron....I'm so sorry

b-wolf 95
There's your problem. You didn't use a throwaway email like I did.

Ha

YEAH BABY

T B
just set wdwmagic emails as spam

T B
it's what I do

b-wolf 95
With Mickey self-cest

b-wolf 95
The Yaoi!

See Ya

b-wolf 95
The Yaoi!

b-wolf 95
Ending on Yaoi

Pi the Disney Guy
Team Reality already is doing yaoi

b-wolf 95
Perfect

Pi the Disney Guy
beat you to it

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I admit, I am not at all familiar with the Doctor Who mythos. But I could easily see this as a legitimate Universal Orlando attraction!

And again, since I have little knowledge of Doctor Who, I think that anyone, regardless of how much they know, would absolutely get a kick out of it!
Honestly this was the same boat I was in while we were creating it! But now I actually want to watch the show. Thanks for hanging out with us and reviewing our project!!

goofyyukyuk

Reviews.png

First off, apologies for being very disconnected from everything going on… this semester has been a trip and a half already lol, but I’m trying to do what I can behind the scenes to help tcool with this set of stanzas (even though he’s a legend doing a lot by himself). Anyways, I’m really excited to see the first stanza’s results… I did read through all the projects last night and ranked them all, but I wasn’t coherent enough to write a review, and then more irl stuff got in the way so here are my slightly late reviews:

Team Space
  • I love the choice of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a relatable IP choice for pretty much any audience! It’s a concept I’ve wanted to see in a competition but I think this is the first time I’ve seen it done, and it was excellently executed!​
  • The Wiki formatting for the presentation was great! I think you hit on every aspect I’d expect from this sort of presentation, and the details in this put it over the top for me.​
  • The exterior façade work is incredible. That’s all I can really say about it. I’m starting to learn how to work with this sort of modeling software, and this seems seriously complicated and advanced, so huge props to whoever worked on this. Moreover, the architecture is actually cohesive and interesting, beyond the exceptional modeling work. It really does feel like a perfect setting for the attraction (and I loved the idea of the Instagram wall!)​
  • I really like the ride system and the drawing of the Wonkavator feels perfect for this setting. I think that this sort of conveys that whole creative anything-can-happen vibe in the attraction that you get from giving a 360 field of vision in an attraction like this.​
  • Strong idea with the queue explaining the backstory through posters and hangings for anyone who is unfamiliar with the story, and I think the concept signage was great!​
  • I’m not going to go scene-by-scene in the ridethrough, I just wanted to mention a couple of my favorite things. First, Minecraft really fit the aesthetic of this attraction for me, and I really appreciate the level of work that went into creating a detailed exterior and a full, accurate ride-track, so once again, props to whoever worked on that because it’s phenomenal!​
  • I think that you all really nailed the gist of the story in a way that really fits a theme park attraction. The Oompa Loompa transitions are perfect, and the details within all the different scenes make it seem realistic. I just think this would be such a cool ride to be on honestly. The last half of the attraction honestly seems showstopping in the best way for a dark ride with it being so whimsical and out there, I know this is an attraction I would love to ride.​
  • The Wonka Test Kitchen! I love this so much! From all the different candies to the Golden Ticket detail, and all the amazing detail with the Nerds! Plus, I’m honestly blown away by the K’nex set. Like that’ such an awesomely unnecessary detail that really just keeps pushing this over the edge for me. And the gallery really sells me on what the store has to offer (I love the squids!)​
  • Overall, I was really really impressed with what this team put out. It’s such a fun attraction that really appeals to everyone, and the level of detail was so impressive. Fantastic work Team Space!​

Team Reality
  • I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who, just so everyone knows when I’m reviewing this. That being said, I know it’s pretty popular and long-lasting, so I thought this was a cool and really unique choice for the central IP.​
  • Tumblr was another fun choice for presentation format! I liked the combination of images and captions that Tumblr offers, so this really appealed to me.​
  • I’ll be honest, I think the exterior seems really cool in reality, but in a theme park, it seems a little cold I guess? I don’t know if that makes sense, and I have no idea what could be done instead, but since there’s not a reference of what the two styles would look like together, I’m not really sure how it would look. That being said, based on the description, I think Doctor Who fans would really appreciate the nod to Cardiff Bay.​
  • I think the queue seems really cool with all the different art replicas with Doctor Who references in them. I think the TARDIS effect is really cool as well, helping guests go further into the immersion of it all. My main issue with this, and this is just with the entire attraction as a whole, is I don’t think that Doctor Who has the same universal recognizability from kids to grandkids as Chocolate Factory or Classic Universal films, and because of that, I wish there was more of an explanation of the backstory of Doctor Who. Granted, I’m sure it’s a very long and complicated backstory, but if I or someone else who hadn’t seen any Doctor Who but wanted to go on the ride because it seemed cool, I’d be really confused because there isn’t much of an explanation of anything happening in terms of context. However, your detailed descriptions of the attraction itself do a lot to make up for that for me!​
  • The preshow seems really great! I love the use of the Stretching Room technology and using more popular Doctors to make this more relatable. I have no idea if the concept art is original or taken from the show, but it helps me get a good sense of the space and I appreciate that.​
  • I really liked the concept art showing the two-story attraction, which definitely does a great job of using the space well!​
  • All of the concept art for the ride description was great, particularly the ride vehicle. I do think that I get the concept of the chase and everything like that, but again, with no explained context for someone unfamiliar with the franchise, it’s tough to feel a connection with the story. I do think that there are a lot of really awesome visual effects that would make this look absolutely fantastic if this were built! This is a bit of an aside, but the nods to Jimmy Neutron and the Jetsons were fantastic!​
  • I think the Torchwood Hideaway seems like a really cool shop with a good mix of Doctor Who and non-Doctor Who items, and I think the theme seems really solid as well. The personal details behind the Sonic Screwdrivers are great, and I think that would be another great way to heighten the overall immersion.​
  • And who doesn’t love some good trash cans?!​
  • So overall, even though I wish there was more explanation on the backstory of Doctor Who, I still really enjoyed the attraction from start to finish and was impressed once again with the level of detail done on these projects!​

Team Time
  • In concept, I like the premise of a more modern, less spacious version of the Great Movie Ride, but as I’ll get to in my review, I feel like there was something missing from the attraction as a whole.​
  • The façade seems like a really awesome throwback to Universal history that I’d love to see in real life, but the queue before the pre-show seems a little generic… I’m not sure how that would be changed, but it just feels like something you’d see in a lot of queues?​
  • As far as the preshow goes, I like the way you all set up the attraction with the preshow, but if it were me riding, I’d feel confused about who C.L. is… but I do like the use of a live actor, almost as an homage to GMR. I think the concept of this though, “piercing the barrier between the real world and films” sounds really awesome.​
  • Since there’s no ride track drawing or explanation of ride vehicles or anything, I’m guessing that you’re supposed to be riding through rooms of screens with 3D goggles on? If so, that’s a pretty cool idea, it’s just not really explained in the descriptions. I really like the idea of pushing things to the edge with pulling the movies into real life, or real life into movies, starting off with Frankenstein. Woody Woodpecker is a bit of an odd choice for me, even though I love the character, but considering you probably didn’t have tons of animated IPs to choose from (other than… ahem… YOGI FREAKING BEAR), I’m okay with it and think it’s cute.​
  • I think having four separate tracks for the second sequence, as exciting and interesting as they all are, is a little unnecessary… I think splitting that second sequence into two separate sequences for a total of 3 makes more sense than four separate ones, but that’s just my opinion. I think you nailed the IP choices though!​
  • I love the choices for the conclusion of the attraction; they’re very fitting in my opinion, and having three possible endings makes more sense to me. Thinking more on it, I guess the main reason for 4 separate tracks for the 2nd sequence is to increase re-rideability, which makes more sense than I thought initially.​
  • Solid conclusion to the attraction, and I think it was a lot of fun overall!​
  • The post show is a really cool concept, and having a weird, dimensionless room with Universal films playing throughout is super out there but also kinda works for me in a weird way, and I like the thought behind getting pictures.​
  • I would really love to see that mural described in the gift shop… it just seems like a really cool idea that would be awesome to actually see! As far as the gift shop itself goes, I wish there was more detail to go on because it’s an interesting concept I think to go along with the attraction, but it could use more fleshing out.​
  • Overall, my biggest issue with this attraction was just that there wasn’t as much detail as I would’ve expected to see in a ride description like this. That being said, I absolutely loved the concept of this as a successor to GMR that I think could stick around a lot longer, so even though it fell short in places, I still really enjoyed this project!​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
View attachment 537724
First off, apologies for being very disconnected from everything going on… this semester has been a trip and a half already lol, but I’m trying to do what I can behind the scenes to help tcool with this set of stanzas (even though he’s a legend doing a lot by himself). Anyways, I’m really excited to see the first stanza’s results… I did read through all the projects last night and ranked them all, but I wasn’t coherent enough to write a review, and then more irl stuff got in the way so here are my slightly late reviews:

Team Space
  • I love the choice of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a relatable IP choice for pretty much any audience! It’s a concept I’ve wanted to see in a competition but I think this is the first time I’ve seen it done, and it was excellently executed!​
  • The Wiki formatting for the presentation was great! I think you hit on every aspect I’d expect from this sort of presentation, and the details in this put it over the top for me.​
  • The exterior façade work is incredible. That’s all I can really say about it. I’m starting to learn how to work with this sort of modeling software, and this seems seriously complicated and advanced, so huge props to whoever worked on this. Moreover, the architecture is actually cohesive and interesting, beyond the exceptional modeling work. It really does feel like a perfect setting for the attraction (and I loved the idea of the Instagram wall!)​
  • I really like the ride system and the drawing of the Wonkavator feels perfect for this setting. I think that this sort of conveys that whole creative anything-can-happen vibe in the attraction that you get from giving a 360 field of vision in an attraction like this.​
  • Strong idea with the queue explaining the backstory through posters and hangings for anyone who is unfamiliar with the story, and I think the concept signage was great!​
  • I’m not going to go scene-by-scene in the ridethrough, I just wanted to mention a couple of my favorite things. First, Minecraft really fit the aesthetic of this attraction for me, and I really appreciate the level of work that went into creating a detailed exterior and a full, accurate ride-track, so once again, props to whoever worked on that because it’s phenomenal!​
  • I think that you all really nailed the gist of the story in a way that really fits a theme park attraction. The Oompa Loompa transitions are perfect, and the details within all the different scenes make it seem realistic. I just think this would be such a cool ride to be on honestly. The last half of the attraction honestly seems showstopping in the best way for a dark ride with it being so whimsical and out there, I know this is an attraction I would love to ride.​
  • The Wonka Test Kitchen! I love this so much! From all the different candies to the Golden Ticket detail, and all the amazing detail with the Nerds! Plus, I’m honestly blown away by the K’nex set. Like that’ such an awesomely unnecessary detail that really just keeps pushing this over the edge for me. And the gallery really sells me on what the store has to offer (I love the squids!)​
  • Overall, I was really really impressed with what this team put out. It’s such a fun attraction that really appeals to everyone, and the level of detail was so impressive. Fantastic work Team Space!​

Team Reality
  • I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who, just so everyone knows when I’m reviewing this. That being said, I know it’s pretty popular and long-lasting, so I thought this was a cool and really unique choice for the central IP.​
  • Tumblr was another fun choice for presentation format! I liked the combination of images and captions that Tumblr offers, so this really appealed to me.​
  • I’ll be honest, I think the exterior seems really cool in reality, but in a theme park, it seems a little cold I guess? I don’t know if that makes sense, and I have no idea what could be done instead, but since there’s not a reference of what the two styles would look like together, I’m not really sure how it would look. That being said, based on the description, I think Doctor Who fans would really appreciate the nod to Cardiff Bay.​
  • I think the queue seems really cool with all the different art replicas with Doctor Who references in them. I think the TARDIS effect is really cool as well, helping guests go further into the immersion of it all. My main issue with this, and this is just with the entire attraction as a whole, is I don’t think that Doctor Who has the same universal recognizability from kids to grandkids as Chocolate Factory or Classic Universal films, and because of that, I wish there was more of an explanation of the backstory of Doctor Who. Granted, I’m sure it’s a very long and complicated backstory, but if I or someone else who hadn’t seen any Doctor Who but wanted to go on the ride because it seemed cool, I’d be really confused because there isn’t much of an explanation of anything happening in terms of context. However, your detailed descriptions of the attraction itself do a lot to make up for that for me!​
  • The preshow seems really great! I love the use of the Stretching Room technology and using more popular Doctors to make this more relatable. I have no idea if the concept art is original or taken from the show, but it helps me get a good sense of the space and I appreciate that.​
  • I really liked the concept art showing the two-story attraction, which definitely does a great job of using the space well!​
  • All of the concept art for the ride description was great, particularly the ride vehicle. I do think that I get the concept of the chase and everything like that, but again, with no explained context for someone unfamiliar with the franchise, it’s tough to feel a connection with the story. I do think that there are a lot of really awesome visual effects that would make this look absolutely fantastic if this were built! This is a bit of an aside, but the nods to Jimmy Neutron and the Jetsons were fantastic!​
  • I think the Torchwood Hideaway seems like a really cool shop with a good mix of Doctor Who and non-Doctor Who items, and I think the theme seems really solid as well. The personal details behind the Sonic Screwdrivers are great, and I think that would be another great way to heighten the overall immersion.​
  • And who doesn’t love some good trash cans?!​
  • So overall, even though I wish there was more explanation on the backstory of Doctor Who, I still really enjoyed the attraction from start to finish and was impressed once again with the level of detail done on these projects!​

Team Time
  • In concept, I like the premise of a more modern, less spacious version of the Great Movie Ride, but as I’ll get to in my review, I feel like there was something missing from the attraction as a whole.​
  • The façade seems like a really awesome throwback to Universal history that I’d love to see in real life, but the queue before the pre-show seems a little generic… I’m not sure how that would be changed, but it just feels like something you’d see in a lot of queues?​
  • As far as the preshow goes, I like the way you all set up the attraction with the preshow, but if it were me riding, I’d feel confused about who C.L. is… but I do like the use of a live actor, almost as an homage to GMR. I think the concept of this though, “piercing the barrier between the real world and films” sounds really awesome.​
  • Since there’s no ride track drawing or explanation of ride vehicles or anything, I’m guessing that you’re supposed to be riding through rooms of screens with 3D goggles on? If so, that’s a pretty cool idea, it’s just not really explained in the descriptions. I really like the idea of pushing things to the edge with pulling the movies into real life, or real life into movies, starting off with Frankenstein. Woody Woodpecker is a bit of an odd choice for me, even though I love the character, but considering you probably didn’t have tons of animated IPs to choose from (other than… ahem… YOGI FREAKING BEAR), I’m okay with it and think it’s cute.​
  • I think having four separate tracks for the second sequence, as exciting and interesting as they all are, is a little unnecessary… I think splitting that second sequence into two separate sequences for a total of 3 makes more sense than four separate ones, but that’s just my opinion. I think you nailed the IP choices though!​
  • I love the choices for the conclusion of the attraction; they’re very fitting in my opinion, and having three possible endings makes more sense to me. Thinking more on it, I guess the main reason for 4 separate tracks for the 2nd sequence is to increase re-rideability, which makes more sense than I thought initially.​
  • Solid conclusion to the attraction, and I think it was a lot of fun overall!​
  • The post show is a really cool concept, and having a weird, dimensionless room with Universal films playing throughout is super out there but also kinda works for me in a weird way, and I like the thought behind getting pictures.​
  • I would really love to see that mural described in the gift shop… it just seems like a really cool idea that would be awesome to actually see! As far as the gift shop itself goes, I wish there was more detail to go on because it’s an interesting concept I think to go along with the attraction, but it could use more fleshing out.​
  • Overall, my biggest issue with this attraction was just that there wasn’t as much detail as I would’ve expected to see in a ride description like this. That being said, I absolutely loved the concept of this as a successor to GMR that I think could stick around a lot longer, so even though it fell short in places, I still really enjoyed this project!​
Thanks for finding the time to read all our projects. I know your semester has been brutal and I’m sure it took a good bit of time to get through everything, but we all really appreciate that!

Sharon&Susan

Since there’s no ride track drawing or explanation of ride vehicles or anything, I’m guessing that you’re supposed to be riding through rooms of screens with 3D goggles on?
It reuses the same ride system as Funtastic World and Jimmy Neutron with all the simulators being in the same room in front of a gigantic screen. I wanted there to be a brief description explaining that but the page was never done and shelved at the last minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom