The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY

Outbound

FHh1mIY.png

Disney Cruise Line is well known for providing quality Disney entertainment while simultaneously visiting exotic ports around the world. But when we look at the six current ships, they all share a common, “cruise ship” theme. Not all too inspiring. Nevertheless many have theorized what if Disney put a bit of their theme park theming into their ships… so for this stanza, we’re gonna do just that.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to design a seventh Disney Cruise Ship… which will be the first “themed” of the fleet.
- This proposal should balance the entertainment with the standards of a Cruise Ship.
- Keep in mind Cruise Ships are much smaller than Theme Parks.
- For inspiration, look to the Oasis of the Seas, which has a number of interesting areas pushing the boundaries of the modern Cruise Ship.
- Create an original name for your ship. It’s a surprise tool that will help us later.
- Don’t forget the Disney Celebration and Disney Discovery, created in Season Two.

Project Managers
Yesterday
- @Tux
Tomorrow - @gam3rprincess
Fantasy - @orlando678-

Guest Reviewers
Yesterday
- @DisneyManOne, @JokersWild, @spacemt354
Tomorrow - @Voxel, @JokersWild, @spacemt354
Fantasy - @Magic Feather, @JokersWild, @spacemt354

This Project is due Tuesday, January 28th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones

Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming PMs or below.
Bon Voyage!

DisneyManOne

Team Yesterday ~ Guest Judge Review

Year One

Disney Studio 1 is, in my opinion, one of the weakest links in the Walt Disney Studios Paris experience, so I think that your Buena Vista Street was an excellent addition. All of the restaurants fit in beautifully; and I appreciate that even though you had a Carthay Circle restaurant, you did not just make it a clone of DCA's restaurant. Likewise, being the huge Disney nerd I am, I appreciated the Melody Time-inspired creamery. Frankly, I wish that this was an actual creamery. The way you described it made me feel like I was really there! The Orient Express reminded me a lot of the California Zephyr train that used to be at DCA's Sunshine Plaza, albeit on a much larger scale. I am not familiar with Paris' Tower of Terror -- all I know is that it is basically the same version that used to be part of DCA -- but I can tell that those cosmetic changes pitched would help add to the creepy atmosphere all the more.

Year Two
So, basically, this is what it would be like if Na'vi River Journey was inspired by Frozen II. Very well done. However, one minor nitpick: the name of the Wind Spirit is Gale, not Samantha. However, one minor disappointment I have is that this is all that you provided for this year. I feel that if you were to add in a restaurant or some shops, it would help to further flesh out the area a bit.

Year Three
I've always felt that an Omnimover version of The Great Movie Ride would be a bit too fast a ride system for a ride like this. The "traveling theater" would be far better, as it can stop and immerse guests within the worlds represented in the ride. I was nonetheless rather pleased by your choice of movies and scenes. I feel as though the action sequences you proposed would mesh perfectly with an Omnimover system (however, I will admit that the Raiders stone ball being a screen did not sit well with me). Also, this is just a nit-pick, but Ducky and Bunny's game should have had something to do with the Plush Rush.

Year Four
Moving Galaxy's Edge from Batuu to Hoth was quite a strong move. Frankly, I think the Ice Planet kind of makes sense for a Paris park, especially considering that it's one of the few Disney resorts to get snowfall come winter (the other, I believe, is Tokyo). I will admit, I'm not that into the Star Wars mythos. I know the basic plots of the Original Trilogy and a few of the major plot points of the Prequels, and saw both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi in theaters (I have yet to see Rise of Skywalker), so I was a little lost on the Nomads concept. Also, would the Star Tours currently found in Disneyland Park close now that this Hoth version is open? I don't believe that was mentioned in the concept anywhere.

All in all, I personally found this concept quite intriguing. And props to the teammates who helped last-minute to get everything ready. As guest judge for Team Yesterday, the hosts have put me in the group message, so I was able to follow along with the brainstorming process. Job well done, Team Yesterday. I cannot wait to see what other surprises you have up your sleeve.

Sorry if this review was a little rushed. Another semester of college has recently started for me, so I've been a little busy lately.

PerGron

Friends, I’m making the executive decision to confirm that in the SAU Disney does not go about construction of a new port at Lighthouse Point and instead decided to build a port somewhere else that isn’t directly on top of a coral reef.

Also, if you’re so inclined, please go sign the petition to stop Disney from doing so to help save the reef and endangered Staghorn Coral

Voxel

President of Progress City
My late review for Team Tomorrow..

I want to start of by saying I really enjoy how you times came together, as a team you guys have a great flow and vibe that gives me great hopes in the future. I believe you guys have the potential to be one of the great legendary teams that we see in S.A. That being said I believe they are some core issues that should be in address in the project, and while duckberg is one on my FAVORITE ideas ever there were some weak points.

Studio or Nothing
I believe you need to work with the Studio idea or completely ignore it, in particular I am talking about Fantastical Parks. I'm not sure if this is filler or meant to be a dedication to the History of the park. It's comes off as a entire eccessance of what a Studio Park should be condensed into a mini-land. If you had maintained the Studio Theme, this would have been a perfect addition, instead if feels Jarring compared to lands dedicated to films or series.

Muppets
Always a safe and enjoyable bet. Who doesn't love the Muppets let's be real. I have nothing to say here except why a clone. Muppet Vision is a struggling attraction, it's showing it's age. I wish you had taken a risk to try to enhance it and perhaps create something that could come back to the other parks.

Safety.
Monster's Inc and Toy Story... Nothing much I can say, they are safe to implement and should be implemented into a family park. I would have done the same thing.

Everything Right, Just Wrong
I LOVE DUCKBERG. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! The modification made to Tower of Terror are perfection and representative of how a redoing a ride should do. Everything about this land is amazing and I want to go to Duckberg. I only have one concern and that is with the land being in the entrance of the park, I'm unsure if the vibe fits the park. Entering a park through a dedicated IP-Based land has never been done in a Disney Park and is a risky move. I'm honestly at a lose of words for this, cause I'm unsure how to properly articulate my concerns. The entrance of the park should prepare you for adventure, give you a peek of the day ahead of you. It should welcome you. I believe Duckberg does that, but I always believe that it might give the feeling that the park is for kids.. Plus I feel like it's going to be strange having the citizen of Duckberg explain where Star Wars is, it feels out of character.

All and All, I really think this was a great first project and I can't wait to see what you doing going forward. I think you have great ideas for themes, but need to work on placement and their flow with the entire park. Also sorry for this being late and shorter than I expected. Being sick and Jet Lag is really rough.

Suchomimus

Halfway Through Stanza Two!
Can you beat the Sound Trivia? Theme: Ocean Movies!

1. The Love Boat
2. Titanic
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Battleship
5. Aquaman, take me by the hand, lead me to the land, that you understand.
Aquaman, the voyage to the corner of the globe is a real trip
Aquaman, the crust of a tan man imbibed by the sand
Soaking up the thirst of the land
Aquaman, can you see through the wonder of amazement at the oberman
Aquaman, the crust is elusive when it casts forth to the childlike man
Aquaman, the sequence of a life form braised in the sand
Aquaman, Aquaman
Aquaman
Aquaman, take me by the hand, lead me to the land that you understand
Aquaman, the voyage to the corner of the globe is a real trip
Aquaman, the crust of a tan man imbibed by the sand
Aquaman, can you see through the wonder of amazement at the oberman
Aquaman, the crust is elusive when it casts forth to the childlike man
Aquaman, the sequence of a life form braised in the sand
Aquaman

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom