The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY

D Hulk

So I'm thinking of doing a big online social gathering of most people who have been involved in the channel in light of everything. Sort of an Eff You to the virus, if you will. I can already pretty much promise Dragon, Sandy, Jacob, and Monkey. MIGHT be able to get @MANEATINGWREATH on if physically possible. Anyone else willing to do it? @spacemt354, @mickeyfan5534 @AceAstro @D Hindley @Pi on my Cake and anyone else I'm missing or who wants to do it? I picture it as a sort of marathon podcast where we all just hang out, do Imagineering games and Disney Debate speed rounds, and generally try and ride the storm out together while were all trapped in the same boat.
I’m in. Just let me check my schedule for the next several weeks...

...yup, I’m free! :p

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So I'm thinking of doing a big online social gathering of most people who have been involved in the channel in light of everything. Sort of an Eff You to the virus, if you will. I can already pretty much promise Dragon, Sandy, Jacob, and Monkey. MIGHT be able to get @MANEATINGWREATH on if physically possible. Anyone else willing to do it? @spacemt354, @mickeyfan5534 @AceAstro @D Hindley @Pi on my Cake and anyone else I'm missing or who wants to do it? I picture it as a sort of marathon podcast where we all just hang out, do Imagineering games and Disney Debate speed rounds, and generally try and ride the storm out together while were all trapped in the same boat.
I don't know what my work schedule will be or if I'll even have one lol. But if I can be there I will be!

TheOriginalTiki

One of the things were going to have to keep in mind is that only six people can be on the stream at one time. Right now I'm willing to bet that myself, Dragon, Sandy, Jacob, and Monkey are all going to be there pretty full time. Were aiming for about a four hour stream right now so perhaps we should divide up the hours everyone else will be on. By all means if we have to swap out either Monkey or one of Jacob/Sandy for an hour or two we can but I'd like to keep as much of the core lineup on for as long as we can.

I know @JokersWild won't want to go for longer than say an hour or so. He's mostly here to say farewell to the channel as he's leaving the country for hopefully brighter pastures.

@mickeyfan5534 should definitely be involved with whatever we do with the debates, but I'd want Jokers involved with that too since we so rarely have a chance to see him compete in a debate format.

If @MANEATINGWREATH does manage to show up, it will likely just be for a cameo to troll Dragon ;) :p

@D Hindley you're a wealth of information regarding world travel so I'd certainly be down for devoting an hour or so just to your travel stories if you want to start getting that curated, haha.

@Pi on my Cake it'd be great to take some time to catch up in any capacity. Definitely I'd say at the very least a check-in with the SA season and perhaps an announcement on our October travel plans assuming the world goes back to normal by then ;)

So we'll likely have to swap out from time to time is the short-winded version of what I'm saying haha. If ya'll could give me the timeframe you'd most readily be available on Sunday that'd help with the planning.

TheOriginalTiki

Going live for the Pixar Debate tonight at 9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific. Hoping to see some people there in the comments, and remember...if you're in the comments live you'll be able to help with the decision making on who wins each round!

Questions include...

1. Which Pixar film has the best world-building?
90238507_203612874183367_3859243907497852928_n.png

2. What is the best Pixar SparkShort?
90226602_840804689727341_7905268611189571584_n.png

3. Pitch a roller coaster themed to a specific Pixar film
89869887_1640920456045626_3464824407732518912_n.png

JokersWild

Hey boys and girls. Sorry for dropping off the face of the Earth yet again. Life, as always, got way in the way so my free time has been a bit limited. Coronavirus has really messed with my plans for the month; Broadway shut down, a Japanese man was rude to me at the consulate, New York is pretty much in lock down and my company is scrambling to get me on a plane to Tokyo. Long story short, I board a plane on Sunday to fly to Tokyo where I will then sequester myself in a hotel room in Sendai until I start my training next Friday. Because of this, I'll have a lot of free time for those four days. I'd like to take those days to do some catch up on reviewing projects long past and forgotten, so keep an eye out for those next week.

Anyway, I'm off to drink a bottle of hand sanitizer to hit those peak levels of viral immunity my body craves to survive a 17 hour flight. Stay safe everyone and good luck to all of you through these bizarre days.

mickeyfan5534

@mickeyfan5534 @D Hindley you guys down to do a trial run of the attraction-pitching game show we were talking about tomorrow night? Just trying to find ways to keep people occupied :) You'd be doing competing pitches for Snow White, Pinocchio, and Fantasia attractions, with a few surprise bonus rounds thrown in for good measure.
During the livestream party? Sure thing!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@Pi on my Cake any update on if you'll be able to join us on Sunday?
It's looking like I need to figure out how to set up our shop for deliveries since we've never done that before. If it all goes smoothly, I should be off around 5ish est and ready to join! If not, I might have to sit out. But I'll do my best! Even if it is just checking in to comment a bit and say hi rather than being actually on the livestream.

TheOriginalTiki

It's looking like I need to figure out how to set up our shop for deliveries since we've never done that before. If it all goes smoothly, I should be off around 5ish est and ready to join! If not, I might have to sit out. But I'll do my best! Even if it is just checking in to comment a bit and say hi rather than being actually on the livestream.

Right now the plan is to start around 8PM Eastern and for it to go on for at least three hours, so you should hypothetically have plenty of time to make it home from work. No pressure, just throwing it out there :)

We still need to come up with some kind of game plan between @mickeyfan5534, @D Hindley and yourself in regards to who comes on for what subjects. We also want to balance out the core people of the channel like Ezra, Jacob, and Monkey plus we've got one or two surprise guests waiting in the wings as well. We only have room for six people on the stream at a time so we should take tomorrow to finesse the game plan a little. I'll set up a conversation for everyone involved between now and then.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Current Stanza Ends in 2 days!

With the end of Stanza X, we will also see the end of Act 2 - The Pacific Voyage. The short stanzas with weirder challenges and no eliminations is coming to an end. We thought you might have some questions...

What happens next?

Act 3 is the endgame for the season. There are only 3 full stanzas. At the end of it, we will have our winner: The Sorcerer's Apprentice! But in order to find one single winner, there's going to be a lot of eliminations. Every stanza in Act 3 will have multiple players eliminated as the game heads towards the finale. Before we even truly start Act 3, there is: Stanza XI

What is Stanza XI?

Stanza XI is different from the other stanzas. It is not an imagineering project. This is when every single player still in the game will be sent to the Fortress of Fate. All of Act 2 will be taken into consideration. Act 1 and Bonus Prompts will also be looked at for tie breakers and players right on the line between staying in the game or being eliminated.
After Stanza XI, only 8 players will continue on to Act 3!

What about people who are eliminated?
If I'm not one of the 8 players continuing to Act 3, is my SAU journey over until Season 7?

While your time in main Stanzas might be over if you are eliminated, there will still be plenty of fun stuff for those who want to be involved! First off, you can be a guest judge! Anyone who wants to still be involved can help us review and provide feedback to the players. Your words might even help determine who wins. Second off, there is going to be an SAU related mystery project starting up soon! It will be a perfect chance for eliminated players to stay involved with the Sorcerer's Apprentice and stay together creating amazing things and keeping connected to this amazing community! Of course, anyone will be welcome to join this mystery project, not just the eliminated players.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Seventeen.

Hopefully this helped clear some things up for everyone! Good luck, Imagineers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom