The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY

Suchomimus

Both? Both is good
Name significance: In Jurassic Park lore, Suchomimus is one of the many animals InGen cloned for Jurassic Park; despite the animal not being named until 5 years after the Nublar incident; alongside Stegosaurus, Pteranodon, and Baryonyx; who is actually a close relative, being from the same family as Spinosauridae and subfamily of Baryonychinae. It would later be featured for Jurassic World, residing in the Cretaceous Cruise as an attraction alongside Apatosaurus, Baryonyx, Metriacanthosaurus, Microceratus, Parasaurolophus, and Stegosaurus. However, unlike the Bary, we have yet to the Sucho make an on screen appearance. It has appeared in several JP and JW games though.
Besides its connection to JP, Suchomimus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, and it was hard for me to pick as name because of it.
Name translation: The genus and species name; Suchomimus Tenerensis; means “Crocodile Mimic from Tenere (an area in the Sahara from where the first specimens where found)” in Ancient Greek.

pix

Name significance: In Jurassic Park lore, Suchomimus is one of the many animals InGen cloned for Jurassic Park; despite the animal not being named until 5 years after the Nublar incident; alongside Stegosaurus, Pteranodon, and Baryonyx; who is actually a close relative, being from the same family as Spinosauridae and subfamily of Baryonychinae. It would later be featured for Jurassic World, residing in the Cretaceous Cruise as an attraction alongside Apatosaurus, Baryonyx, Metriacanthosaurus, Microceratus, Parasaurolophus, and Stegosaurus. However, unlike the Bary, we have yet to the Sucho make an on screen appearance. It has appeared in several JP and JW games though.
Besides its connection to JP, Suchomimus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, and it was hard for me to pick as name because of it.
Name translation: The genus and species name; Suchomimus Tenerensis; means “Crocodile Mimic from Tenere (an area in the Sahara from where the first specimens where found)” in Ancient Greek.

Hi if you ever need someone to listen to you talk endlessly about dinos I am absolutely fascinated by them but don't actually know a whole lot and this was a treat to read.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That's fantastic!

spacemt354

Chili's
x1Y47Jw.png

One of our members got a sneak peak at a new attraction at Universal Studios Singapore.

We are proud to present his thoughts!

Annotation 2020-03-10 185850.jpg

Background Music Loop: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZPWhbmrF4foojwC-EwFE6cm2yzW9nCe8

Full Review:

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

The teams succeeded in their mission and collected the artifact in Hawaii before L.A.N.D. Agents could! The Torch of the Great Him is safely in the hands of S.E.A. and we can all go back to forgetting that The Wild was a movie that exists!

wM4JFZJ.png

Team Tomorrow in the Disney Adventure and Team Yesterday in the Disney Adventure have set sail for the location of the next artifact: Hong Kong! Our ships are currently traveling at a positively insane speed of 58 5/6 knots, which puts our arrival time by 23:59 EST Wednesday.

giphy.gif

Until then, sit back, relax, and watch some live shows on the ships while you wait for the reviews!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Chapter 9: Missing the Point

Before we check in on the teams, let's see how Bob Iger is doing! After Eisner and L.A.N.D. overthrew S.E.A. Iger had to escape and go into hiding. Luckily, he had a secret bunker built under Disneyland Shanghai in case he had to run from Passholders too enraged by raising ticket prices. So, he was able to hide out there.

Eb2NHsT.png

A cliffhanger! How exciting!

28b.gif

Meanwhile, the teams arrive at Hong Kong Disneyland (which is an entirely safe place to be in the SAU despite the numerous ways Hong Kong might not be the safest place to visit IRL).

"I can't wait to explore Mystic Point and all the other amazing things in Hong Kong Disneyland!" @NateD1226 says excitedly!

"Well, you might have to wait for a bit..." @D Hindley says ominously.

"We're going some place a little darker..." @kmbmw777 says menacingly.

"The next artifact is not in Hong Kong Disneyland, it is next door!" @AceAstro says spookily.

Welcome to the Dark Kingdom!

This park is a second gate for the Hong Kong Resort themed to villains and the darker side of Disney! This park is what won @Outbound the title of Sorcerer's Apprentice back in Season 5!

But what actually is the artifact this round? That's quite the mystery, isn't it! All we know is what park it is in, if only we had an easy way to tour the whole park from an elevated position...

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
2OrbdDO.png

A storm is coming. As Act 2 comes to a close, everyone has sailed to Hong Kong Disneyland for the fifth SEA artifact. The SAU’s Hong Kong Disneyland is based heavily off Taoist Principles, with the yang Disneyland and yin Disney’s Dark Kingdom. We’ll be visiting the latter this stanza.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a villains or halloween themed parade for Disney’s Dark Kingdom.

ofD1Wva.png

- Remember the park’s theme.
- You have a lot of freedom with this challenge. Where will it go? When will it run? What characters will be used?
- You have four days to complete this challenge.
- For the Pacific Voyage it is ok to slack on a stanza or two. Just let your team know beforehand.

Project Managers
Yesterday - @mickeyfan5534
Tomorrow - @Evilgidgit

Guest Reviewers
Yesterday - @DisneyManOne, @JokersWild
Tomorrow - @Magic Feather , @Voxel, @JokersWild

This Project is due Saturday, March 14th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones
Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM

pix

2OrbdDO.png

A storm is coming. As Act 2 comes to a close, everyone has sailed to Hong Kong Disneyland for the fifth SEA artifact. The SAU’s Hong Kong Disneyland is based heavily off Taoist Principles, with the yang Disneyland and yin Disney’s Dark Kingdom. We’ll be visiting the latter this stanza.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a villains or halloween themed parade for Disney’s Dark Kingdom.

ofD1Wva.png

- Remember the park’s theme.
- You have a lot of freedom with this challenge. Where will it go? When will it run? What characters will be used?
- You have four days to complete this challenge.
- For the Pacific Voyage it is ok to slack on a stanza or two. Just let your team know beforehand.

Project Managers
Yesterday - @mickeyfan5534
Tomorrow - @Evilgidgit

Guest Reviewers
Yesterday - @DisneyManOne, @JokersWild
Tomorrow - @Magic Feather , @Voxel, @JokersWild

This Project is due Saturday, March 14th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones
Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM
VILLAINS VILLAINS VILLAINS!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom