The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5 - ENDGAME

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

We have two very strong teams in Warriors and Princes, and the battle is truly set. Two fantastic projects were turned in, but only one can win. Which one shall it be?

Team Warriors
What Warriors did well: A beautiful concept for a themed land strengthened by a pair of strong E-tickets.
What Warriors did poorly: The presentation format itself was seen as unambitious, and the overall presentation was slightly underwhelming with potential for improvement.

Team Princes
What Princes did well: They created an effective original and visually appealing presentation, which nicely suited their ambitious overhaul for Inventus.
What Princes did poorly: There is no unanimous agreement about your flaws, but various reviewers have cited problems ranging from the land's safe theme (over-reliance on S.E.A. and Mediterranean Harbor) to minor typographical errors.

Congratulations! You are one star closer to completing Yen Sid’s hat!

enhance

Cheers to our heroes for defeating Hades!

8a4d19439c01987bbe07af216faea0d3d3b6a88b_00.gif

D Hulk

Original Poster
No more spoiler tags! In 12 hours, Team Princes will receive Stanza III in advance. As an additional reward, their Project Manager @Evilgidgit receives Buzzy the Immunity Idol. @Evilgidgit is safe from elimination in Stanza III, which should allow for a much more relaxing Icelandic vacation!

Meanwhile, three members of Team Warriors are going to the Cursed Courtroom, where they will plead their cases and face potential elimination. As their Project Manager, @nated1226 is automatically summoned. He has nominated @FireMountain and @MonorailRed to join him.

You three have 24 hours to answer the judges' questions. Once your trial is concluded, the surviving defendants shall return and Team Warriors shall receive their next prompt.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Destination: Tokyo

Flush with victory, the teams take the warp zone back into Disneyland, where they celebrate with rum-infused Dole Whips. "Another day, another victory," proclaims @Evilgidgit , as he holds the star in his hands.

"Phenomenal work Team Princes," says Mr. Incredible. He takes the star and places it on Yen Sid’s hat. "Figment and I will keep this safe at the heroic headquarters."

"So…um…uh…Where to next?" asks @DisneyManOne.

"Next we shoot a big shot. We're going after Cruella de Vil," Prince Philip says.

"She was last seen roaming Tokyo’s Ginza district,” continues Robin Hood. “She must have a base of operations at Tokyo Disneyland.”

“Are we getting there with an outbound flight?” asks @OutboundFlight.

“In a sense,” explains Prince Philip. “We’ll be magically flying across the Pacific Ocean in Dreamfinder’s airship th-“

“Not possible,” corrects Mr. Incredible. “Dreamfinder vanished in Maleficent’s snap. I’m afraid we’ll have to fly –“ thunder crackles and lightning strikes “- Spirit Airlines.”

airline-spirit-airlines-airbus-a319-save_large.JPG

A heavy gloom sets over the group. Just when all hope seems lost, @Pi on my Cake triumphantly leaps up onto the Main Street cannon, striking a heroic pose. “Ahem! I stole Dreamfinder’s airship several months ago. I have it moored right now in the Riviera Motel parking lot.”

GvGQH6V.gif

And with that one little spark, an enchanted storybook voyage is underway! The gang sails aboard Pi’s purloined dirigible through nighttime clouds, until finally descending with the rising sun to behold the legendary Tokyo Disney Resort perched against Tokyo Bay.

enhance

D Hulk

Original Poster
"Will we get some better hotels here?" @MonorailRed asks. "The ones on Harbor Blvd. were dreadful. Nothing like the glorious suites we provided last season."

“Yeah, and I don’t trust our co-host D Hindley,” says @Voxel. “He stays in Air BnBs and capsule hotels when he visits Tokyo.”

Robin Hood speaks first. “Not to worry, friends. @Disney Dad 3000 has already generously prepaid for our lavish new lodgings. Team Warriors, you will be staying at the Hotel MiraCosta.”

enhance

Prince Philip follows him. “Team Princes will be in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.”

enhance

“As for us three,” concludes Mr. Incredible, “we’ll be at Disney’s Ambassador Hotel.”

enhance

Everyone sleeps most soundly that night. The following day is dedicated to researching Tokyo Disney Resort, preparing to face Cruella. Everyone is completely certain that the battle shall be occurring in DisneySea, so that’s where the entire day is spent.

enhance

All are suitably impressed. @FireMountain especially likes the volcanic Mt. Prometheus. All on Team Princes admit that Mediterranean Harbor looks very familiar. Everyone on both teams eagerly await their Tokyo Disney Resort challenge…

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
"Will we get some better hotels here?" @MonorailRed asks. "The ones on Harbor Blvd. were dreadful. Nothing like the glorious suites we provided last season."

“Yeah, and I don’t trust our co-host D Hindley,” says @Voxel. “He stays in Air BnBs and capsule hotels when he visits Tokyo.”

Robin Hood speaks first. “Not to worry, friends. @Disney Dad 3000 has already generously prepaid for our lavish new lodgings. Team Warriors, you will be staying at the Hotel MiraCosta.”

enhance

Prince Philip follows him. “Team Princes will be in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.”

enhance

“As for us three,” concludes Mr. Incredible, “we’ll be at Disney’s Ambassador Hotel.”

enhance

Everyone sleeps most soundly that night. The following day is dedicated to researching Tokyo Disney Resort, preparing to face Cruella. Everyone is completely certain that the battle shall be occurring in DisneySea, so that’s where the entire day is spent.

enhance

All are suitably impressed. @FireMountain especially likes the volcanic Mt. Prometheus. All on Team Princes admit that Mediterranean Harbor looks very familiar. Everyone on both teams eagerly await their Tokyo Disney Resort challenge…
Woah! My friend rents our her house as a lovely airbnb in Hiroshima! It’s those capsule hotels I don’t trust. I prefer hostels. Btw did I tell you the slogan for the one in kurashiki

D Hulk

Original Poster
The Stanza II session of the Cursed Courtroom has officially ended.

It saddens me to announce that @MonorailRed has decided to step down from the game, largely due to a confluence of other crazy things going on. She was very gracious to give up her spot in order to let two newer players continue in the game. Her impact on the Sorcerer's Apprentice over the seasons has been incalculable, and she will be sorely missed from Team Warriors.

@nated1226 and @FireMountain both officially return to Team Warriors. Look for your Stanza III prompt at 11:59 EST tonight.

Voxel

President of Progress City
The Stanza II session of the Cursed Courtroom has officially ended.

It saddens me to announce that @MonorailRed has decided to step down from the game, largely due to a confluence of other crazy things going on. She was very gracious to give up her spot in order to let two newer players continue in the game. Her impact on the Sorcerer's Apprentice over the seasons has been incalculable, and she will be sorely missed from Team Warriors.

@nated1226 and @FireMountain both officially return to Team Warriors. Look for your Stanza III prompt at 11:59 EST tonight.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: The Sea is once again separated from the Air!!

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

enhance

STANZA III – IKSPIARI’S NEW COAT

Tokyo Disney Resort is widely considered to have Disney’s highest-quality offerings. They have spared no expense. The one glaring exception is their shopping district, Ikspiari – Tokyo’s answer to Downtown Disney. It is awkwardly located on a dead end opposite the Tokyo Disneyland entrance. It is a confounding maze. There is little within its stacked labyrinth to draw guests out there in the first place.

Walt Disney World had a major triumph with its Disney Springs redesign. It’s time to do the same for Japan!

Your task is to give a “Disney Springs” style makeover to Ikspiari at Tokyo Disney Resort.

- You don’t have to keep ANY of Ikspiari’s existing infrastructure. If desired, you can design Tokyo’s shopping district wholly from scratch.
- Keep the Japanese target audience in mind.
- Focus on both your new district’s theming as well as its practicality.

プロジェクトマネージャ
(Project Manager)
Warriors - @Disneylover152
Princes - @Disney Dad 3000

ゲストレビューア
(Guest Reviewers)
Warriors
- Magicart87, GlacierGlacier, Figments Friend, PaisleyMF, mimitchi33, CreateDisney
Princes - WowFactor, michmousefan, EricsBiscuit, El_Tomato, 21stamps, mickeyfan5534, Fox&Hound, Magic Feather.

This Project is due Saturday, February 2nd at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones
Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Barbados Party Time - 12:59 AM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

One final note: As the winning Project Manager, @Evilgidgit has earned Buzzy the Immunity Idol for Stanza III. If Team Princes, he cannot be nominated to the Cursed Courtroom.

Any specific questions feel free to ask in your brainstorming PMs or below.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

Program Guide
Ikspiari

--------

Villainous Advice
“Imagineers, darlings! Welcome to Tokyo Disneyland. Answering your first question: How’s the shopping? Miserable, darlings, perfectly wretched! And your horrid little plans for improving it are just brutish, I’m sure.”
- Cruella de Vil

--------

Heroic Hints
enhance

--------

Stanza III Sound Trivia - Tokyo Disney Resort

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom