The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

Disney Dad 3000

@D Hindley, @AceAstro, @Voxel, @Disney Dad 3000, @Anlavaro, @englanddg, @Flippin'Flounder : I’m sure reading this is like a trip down memory lane. Any fine memories you’d like to share about the project?​

The start of a lot of fun, and a stretch of projects especially over that first 6-7 weeks that I was uber proud as a team to have put out.
@Voxel did a crap ton of work in the last day on the website really bringing it all home. To me that project really set the tone for our team for the season, we all had some interest in it, chatted a ton (which would be common) , got to do a number of different skills for each of us, and as much as we liked it, there was a number of things we learned as a team that week that really propelled us to do even more I think.

Flippin'Flounder

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I'm planning my first Disneyland trip for next year and I was hoping for some input from you guys. I posted this in the Disneyland forum, but I know there are some Disneyland experts over here as well.
I'm going to DLR for the first time in early August, but have no interest in SWGE (at least not for my one day in Disneyland, I plan on going to see it when it opens in DHS). Does anyone know how crowded the rest of the park might be? I'm hoping with everyone flocking to Star Wars, it will leave the rest of the park less crowded (or at least not overcrowded). Also, do you all think we should do Indy or Fantasyland for rope drop? I read on the first page that you recommended FL, but I thought the fans there for Star Wars may overlap with the Indy demographic. Thank you in advance!

kmbmw777

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I'm planning my first Disneyland trip for next year and I was hoping for some input from you guys. I posted this in the Disneyland forum, but I know there are some Disneyland experts over here as well.
I would guess that the park would be deserted besides for Star Wars land. That's how it was the year Harry Potter land opened at IoA. I think do Indy at rope drop, because its one of my favorites.

NateD1226

Yes, Disneyland might be empty but it might be a little crowded because people might have the same thought you had. For your rope drop purposes, I say that you head to Space Mt. first (instead of Fantasyland or Indy) because that line get to almost 2 hours at peak time! (and it doesn't go down) Indy usually stays between 25-50 minutes throughout the day. But you could always get your fastpass for those two rides. As for Fantasyland, you could go either way with that. If you are wanting to ride Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan, then defiantly go to rope drop because those wait times are usually 30-45 minutes all day! But if you want to ride the simple rides, then you can go anytime of the day.

Hope I helped LOL!

D Hulk

Original Poster
Early August is likely to be more crowded as a general rule, even with many lower level Passholders blocked out. (Never ever go on the first few days after summer blockouts end.) I cannot predict how SWGE will impact crowd patterns.

As a local, I highly recommend rope dropping Fantasyland. If you have ANY interest in it, you can easily do all the dark rides in the first hour (it would take multiple hours later in the day). My order there would be Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice, Storybook Canal Boats, Snow White/Pinocchio. Also, ToonTown usually opens 1 hour later than the rest of the park, so be there then for Roger Rabbit which is unique to DL and Tokyo and is very fun.

If you’re not staying at a Disney hotel, go on a day when DCA has Early Entry.

Indy is fantastic, but not a rope drop priority due to FastPass. If you get MaxPass (a $10 upcharge per person), you can even reserve Indy FP while still exploring Fantasyland. Local FastPass patterns mean Space Mountain actually runs out first, so I typically prioritize that and gradually travel west. Due to uniqueness, you’ll want to FP Matterhorn too. And have a great visit!

Flippin'Flounder

I would guess that the park would be deserted besides for Star Wars land. That's how it was the year Harry Potter land opened at IoA. I think do Indy at rope drop, because its one of my favorites.
Yes, Disneyland might be empty but it might be a little crowded because people might have the same thought you had. For your rope drop purposes, I say that you head to Space Mt. first (instead of Fantasyland or Indy) because that line get to almost 2 hours at peak time! (and it doesn't go down) Indy usually stays between 25-50 minutes throughout the day. But you could always get your fastpass for those two rides. As for Fantasyland, you could go either way with that. If you are wanting to ride Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan, then defiantly go to rope drop because those wait times are usually 30-45 minutes all day! But if you want to ride the simple rides, then you can go anytime of the day.

Hope I helped LOL!
Early August is likely to be more crowded as a general rule, even with many lower level Passholders blocked out. (Never ever go on the first few days after summer blockouts end.) I cannot predict how SWGE will impact crowd patterns.

As a local, I highly recommend rope dropping Fantasyland. If you have ANY interest in it, you can easily do all the dark rides in the first hour (it would take multiple hours later in the day). My order there would be Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice, Storybook Canal Boats, Snow White/Pinocchio. Also, ToonTown usually opens 1 hour later than the rest of the park, so be there then for Roger Rabbit which is unique to DL and Tokyo and is very fun.

If you’re not staying at a Disney hotel, go on a day when DCA has Early Entry.

Indy is fantastic, but not a rope drop priority due to FastPass. If you get MaxPass (a $10 upcharge per person), you can even reserve Indy FP while still exploring Fantasyland. Local FastPass patterns mean Space Mountain actually runs out first, so I typically prioritize that and gradually travel west. Due to uniqueness, you’ll want to FP Matterhorn too. And have a great visit!
Thank you all so much! Is Space Mountain significantly better/different from WDW? I had thought they were basically the same, but there are so many rides it's hard to keep track! Also, how are the lines for Pirates and Mansion? Pirates is definitely a must-do, and I'd like to see the differences in Mansion, but it's not a priority. Luckily, I have along time to get everything sorted out :D

NateD1226

Thank you all so much! Is Space Mountain significantly better/different from WDW? I had thought they were basically the same, but there are so many rides it's hard to keep track! Also, how are the lines for Pirates and Mansion? Pirates is definitely a must-do, and I'd like to see the differences in Mansion, but it's not a priority. Luckily, I have along time to get everything sorted out :D
Space is better at DL IMO because the carts are have more room and are not like the Matterhorn style. Mansion stays between 30-50 minutes but it might be closed for Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay to take place. Pirates is usually about the same but the lines goes by fast. HM is a little less exciting than WDW and POTC is little more exciting that WDW.

spacemt354

Chili's
WDW's Space Mountain to me is grander and more retro if that makes sense (plus the Star Tunnel music). That being said the majority of folks think DL's is better - I can't blame them, as an attraction it's darker and a bit quicker. It depends on your taste.

Pirates in DL is 1000x better than WDW. Haunted Mansion is shorter than WDW and imo a bit worse. Though I like the queue a lot better! It feels like you're actually entering a house!

D Hulk

Original Poster
If you’re good at using paper FastPasses, it’s very possible to do all of Disneyland’s headliners in one day (crowds depending). The park is very walkable and condensed.

Pirates and Mansion are typically good midday rides. They don’t have FP. Every line will be long, including these, but their high capacity and longer ride times make them good options following lunch (which I recommend finding in New Orleans Square).

AceAstro

If you’re good at using paper FastPasses, it’s very possible to do all of Disneyland’s headliners in one day (crowds depending). The park is very walkable and condensed.

Pirates and Mansion are typically good midday rides. They don’t have FP. Every line will be long, including these, but their high capacity and longer ride times make them good options following lunch (which I recommend finding in New Orleans Square).
Very true. The Pirates ride capacity is unreal. Even on a busy day you don’t see that ride have longer than a 30-40 minute wait!

AceAstro

Thank you all so much for the help! I was hoping not to get MaxPass, but I think we might need it for the Disneyland day. I’m hoping to get lunch at Blue Bayou, and yes, I’ll be there as early as I can convince my family to get up. :p
I would recommend at least 15-30 mins before rope drop. I know that sounds drastic but I'd be shocked if they don't close the gates next summer (I've seen it happen before). Plus parking is filling up on days like yesterday so I can't imagine in the middle of Summer with SW:GE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom