Tomorrowland_Full_32803.jpg
latest

No running in the halls.
15 seconds...
Detention for you!
Your parents will hear about this one.

DisneyManOne

I feel the same about the Lion King live-action. I don't want it

Sorry I'm late to the party on this one, but am I the only one who's cautiously optimistic about the live-action Lion King? I mean, if they're able to do something new to the story that actually puts a new spin on things and doesn't feel like pointless padding, I think it could work. Plus, I've always wanted to see what "Circle of Life" looks like in live-action/photorealistic CGI. Favreau's a good director, so I hope he's able to make this work. I really loved his Jungle Book, so I look forward to seeing his Lion King.

BTW, here are my thoughts on all the remakes thus far...

Alice in Wonderland: Bad.
Maleficent: Really bad.
Cinderella: Beautiful.
Jungle Book: Awesome!
Pete's Dragon: Haven't seen yet, but it looks good. The original was kinda sucky, anyway.
Beauty and the Beast: Pointless.
Christopher Robin: Looking forward to it!
Dumbo: Really???
Aladdin: On the fence.
Lion King: Looking forward to it!
Mulan: On the fence.

stitchcastle

Sorry I'm late to the party on this one, but am I the only one who's cautiously optimistic about the live-action Lion King? I mean, if they're able to do something new to the story that actually puts a new spin on things and doesn't feel like pointless padding, I think it could work. Plus, I've always wanted to see what "Circle of Life" looks like in live-action/photorealistic CGI. Favreau's a good director, so I hope he's able to make this work. I really loved his Jungle Book, so I look forward to seeing his Lion King.

BTW, here are my thoughts on all the remakes thus far...

Alice in Wonderland: Bad.
Maleficent: Really bad.
Cinderella: Beautiful.
Jungle Book: Awesome!
Pete's Dragon: Haven't seen yet, but it looks good. The original was kinda sucky, anyway.
Beauty and the Beast: Pointless.
Christopher Robin: Looking forward to it!
Dumbo: Really???
Aladdin: On the fence.
Lion King: Looking forward to it!
Mulan: On the fence.

I'm personally not a big fan of the overly CGI aesthetics of the remakes but I don't think it's fair to judge the movies that haven't come out yet. That being said, CInderella, The Jungle Book and Pete's Dragon have been great. especially Pete's Dragon, which felt more like a cute prestige indie film than a cash-grab CG-heavy remake.

Beauty and the Beast would have been great if they had made the exact opposite decisions on everything. (The awful CGI, the awful casting, the decision to shelve all the Broadway additions.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom