The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - Discussion Thread

Zweiland

@jdmdisney99 question about the amendment, what's the motivation of the pm to try to make his team win if there is a chance that the winning pm doesn't get immunity.. That just tells pms to try hard enough to not be the worst, but try no harder then that.. Just something to thing about.
@jdmdisney99

I have an idea. What if a judge is only allowed to give the Buzzer when the team was already decided to win? Then the winning PM will still get immunity (as well as his teammates).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm sorry that I didn't get it in sooner, and I'm sorry to those others who asked for testimonials and I didn't get to do them. I got slammed at work today and really didn't have a chance to dig into them in time!
giphy.gif

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@jdmdisney99

I have an idea. What if a judge is only allowed to give the Buzzer when the team was already decided to win? Then the winning PM will still get immunity (as well as his teammates).
That appears to be how it works out in opposite in the show...but...I think adding elements of other shows is not really the best idea.

This is apprentice, lets stick within the confines of it. I know we have a judging panel now, so it's a bit different, but the reality is JDM/Yensid is Trump...he can do as he wishes.

The judgement is his, the boardroom is ALL HIS...

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
@jdmdisney99

I will edit it to specify this. Mickey was going to win this challenge either way. If I don't remember to edit it tomorrow, someone remind me. I've got to get sleep now.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
That appears to be how it works out in opposite in the show...but...I think adding elements of other shows is not really the best idea.

This is apprentice, lets stick within the confines of it. I know we have a judging panel now, so it's a bit different, but the reality is JDM/Yensid is Trump...he can do as he wishes.

The judgement is his, the boardroom is ALL HIS...
Probably will take it out next season, but its a nice unique experiment for this year.

TheOriginalTiki

As a Pixar movie, Cars 2 was bad

But as a spy spoof comedy, I didn't think it was that bad

I agree with this sentiment. One of the weaker Pixar films? Oh without a doubt in the world. A terrible animated film in general? FAR from it. I've seen my fair of animated garbage and Cars 2 definitely rises above that. First off, it's hard to say no to the awesome that is Michaael Cain as a spy car. I also think it's probably got the most exciting action scenes in any Pixar movie which is a plus for a Bond style send-up. The animation in the races is also excellent, and I thought it was lots of fun seeing different world locales in the "Cars" universe (Oh...I'm sorry...In the "Pixar" universe timeline where machines and humans have mixed together into anthropomorphic car creatures after Wall*E caused the extinction of the human race :p :p ) Plus Luigi and Guido are two of my all time favorite Pixar characters so it was great that they were some of the few Radiator Springs characters to actually get further development. Love the stop over in Italy with their families.

One another hand, I think they made a big mistake by not sticking to the "heart" of what made the first Cars film what it was. I live and grew up in a historic town that's currently on the upswing but went through its fair share of economic slump in the 90s, so the message of the film with appreciating small town atmosphere really hit home with me and I think they should have continued to explore that kind of culture in the sequel. Maybe go into how the lives of the Radiator Springs residents have changed now that they've gone from this tiny town that was barely hanging on to what is essentially a Lightning McQueen tourist trap. Could have gone in some really fascinating angles if they chose to focus more on the characters. This is the kind of story I really hope to see from Cars 3.

All being said, I'll GLADLY watch Cars 2 any day over a lower grade Dreamworks film like Home or Turbo or something of that nature. (How to Train Your Dragons/Kung Fu Panda franchises are a different story. Those are the golden children for DreamWorks right now, haha.)

Voxel

President of Progress City
Team Mickey
Haha there is Disneyland Forever or Magic Kingdom Forever I guess? I dont think the posters had enough POP to grab peoples attention because frankly text isn't very attention grabbing. They worked much better as banners but the posters needed something more. Shoot out to @Bucfan87 good job on the voice overs as they really made the commercial stand out opposed to text. "The Magic Never Grows Old" is a fantastic tagline.

Team Goofy
Excellent Logo. Excellent Website. I really like that you put the effort into 4 different commercials but I also feel like they were not as fleshed out as they could be. The posters seemed pretty generic. They last one "1971, 1996, 2021" had a lot of potential but wasnt executed as well as it could have been. Lots of plans but not a lot to back it all up.

Team Donald
Great art concepts, The real meat and potatoes of of this presentation was the video. The video excelled in the nostalgic and memories area but it didn't provide much to get excited about for the future. In short it made be remember but it didn't make me want to visit.

Team Oswald
Great presentation guys. Way to come back after the first challenge. First the bad which isn't much. The posters are a little busy and just not my favorite design. Also the video didn't highlight much about the celebration. Great logo. Now you guys had a lot of substance here actually explaining what is going to happen for and during the celebration and good job on that. Also the video was hands down the best in my opinion of the videos for this challenge. Very well produced and put together but as i said before I wish it had maybe some concept art or something to get me to want to come back to WDW.

Overall everyone did a fantastic job with the short amount of time given and you should all be proud.

We would have used more concept art, In fact I looked for some but except for Animal Kingdom we know almost nothing and have nothing art-wise for the attractions. Also that video editing took more time then I really should have put into it.. I think I pushed 20 hours of editing time for it.

Matt7187

All being said, I'll GLADLY watch Cars 2 any day over a lower grade Dreamworks film like Home or Turbo or something of that nature. (How to Train Your Dragons/Kung Fu Panda franchises are a different story. Those are the golden children for DreamWorks right now, haha.)
Personally, I'm not a fan of either of those franchises. Saw the first movie in each series and wasn't impressed. Panda was decent, but I really didn't like Dragon at all, and I seem to be in the minority about that. The only dreamworks films I have liked are Shrek 1 & 2, the original Madagascar, and the Bee Movie (because Jerry Seinfeld). I haven't seen many of the more recent ones, with the last one I saw being Madagascar 3, which I was extremely disappointed about.

TheOriginalTiki

Oh, I completely disagree about HTTYD. I'd even go as far as to say those films have the scale and "majesty" of something out of 90s era Disney. That being said I do think the original is more of a standard "boy and his pet" story while the sequel took everything and notched it up to 100 with all the world-building and character stuff.

Panda certainly isn't a groundbreaking or "deep" franchise but I appreciate the effort that goes in. I love the look of China in those movies and a lot of the characters are lovable to me (Jack Black is easily least funny element :p ) I thought Gary Oldman killed it as the villain in the sequel and I'm hyped to see Bryan Cranston in the third.

I guess I just appreciate DreamWorks films that go out of the Shrek mold of lampooning pop culture. I think Dragons is especially good at that. I don't believe there's a single pop culture reference throughout both those movies, a freaking MIRACLE when you consider the usual DreamWorks formula :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom