The Smells of Disney

J03Y

there are no individual smells. there is only the Disney Smell.
it's the kind of smell that doesn't have a distinct smell, but you still know that it's a smell.
it's not a bad smell, but it's not a good smell. it's a neutral smell.
it's a smell that you can only understand that you have smelled when you leave the smell.
it's the kind of smell that, when you think about it, can only be connected to Disney World.

this, my friends, is the Disney Smell. and it's the smell that keeps you coming back. because, the Disney Smell, is in fact, most likely crack sprayed into the air in order to make you keep coming back for more of the smell that can only be provided to you in Disney World.

the Disney Smell, ladies and gentlemen.

jbdorman

Original Poster
I work at a university and I used to work in the football stadium (yes we have random regular offices there for some reason) and on game weekends they would pop popcorn by the quadruple giant red see through trash bag full. The smell upon entering the stadium on those Fridays always reminded me of the smell upon entering MK. Sadly my office is no longer at the stadium and I really do miss the smell envoked memories!
My other favorite smells are Rome burning, Poly lobby, POTC, pie in Philharmagic, and my new favorite YC lobby.
I'm going to have to try the Poly lobby smell. It seems to be quite popular!

jbdorman

Original Poster
Burning Rome, Oranges on Soarin', PhilharMagic scents, the Land smell... is it weird that I just smelled the Land as I typed that?
Yep The Land smell is one of my favorites. Enhanced of course by huge hanging mobile figures from the ceiling!

Scooter

For those of you interested...If you like the smell of the Polynesian lobby, go into the Gift shop in Japan in World Showcase, in the room that has all the incence, there are some room sprays. There is one called "BAMBOO". it smells EXACTLY like the Polynesian lobby. I spray it on my pillow before I go to bed every night. It's not strong, but if you close your eyes, for a few minutes you swear you are inside the Poly.

jbdorman

Original Poster
Burning Rome. Ellen's Energy smell always takes me away from the experience and makes me wonder "What is that?" But it's unique to Disney World so its getting a shout (no nod, though) from me.
If any of you have been following the previous smell conversations there are lots of people who say the burning Rome smell is an exact match to this yankee candle:

http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/fireside/115560

quirkle

I might be strange. Well I am. When it is hot and the it rains really hard and then stops it smells like Disney. I often am found in my local
Parking lot sniffing.

DizneyPryncess

If any of you have been following the previous smell conversations there are lots of people who say the burning Rome smell is an exact match to this yankee candle:

http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/fireside/115560

Rome burning is the first thing that came to mind. And oh my gosh, I am going to go see about this candle next time I am by a Yankee Candle store!

I also love the smell of The Land - probably a mix of Sunshine Seasons & Garden Grill. =)

jbdorman

Original Poster
I might be strange. Well I am. When it is hot and the it rains really hard and then stops it smells like Disney. I often am found in my local
Parking lot sniffing.
Nope not strange at all! My wife said thats one of her Disney smells as well. I remember it most in the morning after they have hosed down all the sidewalks and pavement at the resorts and you are headed to breakfast or straight to the parks!

jbdorman

Original Poster
Rome burning is the first thing that came to mind. And oh my gosh, I am going to go see about this candle next time I am by a Yankee Candle store!

I also love the smell of The Land - probably a mix of Sunshine Seasons & Garden Grill. =)
Let me know how it smells because I haven't smelled it either! The Land is one of my favorites too. Its a nice and cool building too so I think that helps! After a few hours in the park its usually the first time that food smells REALLY make me hungry!

quirkle

Nope not strange at all! My wife said thats one of her Disney smells as well. I remember it most in the morning after they have hosed down all the sidewalks and pavement at the resorts and you are headed to breakfast or straight to the parks!

Yes!!!! I actually stopped once right in the middle of a parking lot and was in a trance.

I also second the Land scent. Almost like a baking ham.

NOW...does Ellen's Energy still have the "swamp" smell pumped in or did that stop? Because there is a specific smell on that ride.

WALL-E fan

I personally enjoy the smell of the Walt Disney World Railroad. The smell of the engines brings me back to when I would skip school and enjoy a nice day at MK. So many memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom