The Smells of Disney

jbdorman

Original Poster
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the HM! I wish I could find something even close. Here I thought I was crazy and the only one that liked the smell there lol.

As far as Splash's water. I thought I heard they added something like bromide to it to help treat the water and it causes that smell so many love.
Bromide huh? Well that would make sense to use to keep the nasty microbes down! It has a faint sulphur smell!

jbdorman

Original Poster
When I worked at Disney World they had the Cinnamon glazed almonds and pecans on the immediate right side once you entered the World Showcase. Last time I visited it was gone. That used to be one of my favorite World Showcase smells! Is it still around somewhere?

mouse_luv

I remember those cinnamon glazed almonds too! I love those. They usually have them around where I live in the Christmas season. I don't know if they moved them or even have them anymore at Disney. I think if they rid of them it was probably due to nut allergies that so many have.
Actually, they DO still have them but in MK. I just did a search...
http://allears.net/menu/menu_ice.htm

melmood2000

The smell as you walk by The Columbia Harbour house restaurant in MK takes me right back to being 5 years old. I would visit with my grandparents it was their go to place to eat every time we went to Magic Kingdom. Still smells the same.

jbdorman

Original Poster
The smell as you walk by The Columbia Harbour house restaurant in MK takes me right back to being 5 years old. I would visit with my grandparents it was their go to place to eat every time we went to Magic Kingdom. Still smells the same.
Columbia Harbour House was the first place i ever ate on Disney property so it still holds a special place in my heart too!

Pooh Lover

When I worked at Disney World they had the Cinnamon glazed almonds and pecans on the immediate right side once you entered the World Showcase. Last time I visited it was gone. That used to be one of my favorite World Showcase smells! Is it still around somewhere?

Yes, they moved the nut cart! You can find it to the left of The Land Pavillion toward Figment. They are also at Harambe Popcorn at the AK. One of my favorites!

Pooh Lover

My favorite smell is Rome burning but I also love the many smells in Soarin', especially the oranges. Of course there is also the monorail smell but I wouldn't call it one of my favorites.

mouse_luv

My favorite smell is Rome burning but I also love the many smells in Soarin', especially the oranges. Of course there is also the monorail smell but I wouldn't call it one of my favorites.

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/home-fragrance/home-fragrance-oils/satsuma-home-fragrance-oil.aspx
That right there is the closest I can find to the smell of the oranges from Soarin'. I used to work for them and LOVED that scent. They also have it in bath products such as soap/lotion/shower gel. It's my fave.

Pooh Lover

Goofnut1980

Did you all hear... There is going to be a few new air fresheners made that will be sold later this year??? One is the Turkey Leg... I want one. No wait. I NEED one! Ha

jbdorman

Original Poster
Did you all hear... There is going to be a few new air fresheners made that will be sold later this year??? One is the Turkey Leg... I want one. No wait. I NEED one! Ha
I saw that! I myself am going straight for the Mickey Waffle one! The parks blog says they are supposed to be released in August? They only have a day left to hit that deadline so I wonder if it will be later this fall?

jbdorman

Original Poster
I agree, I think the monorail smell is kind of greasy/electrical ozone smell. However I like it because the only time I smell it is on the way to and from the Magic Kingdom so I can certainly place it in the favorable column!

Goofnut1980

I agree, I think the monorail smell is kind of greasy/electrical ozone smell. However I like it because the only time I smell it is on the way to and from the Magic Kingdom so I can certainly place it in the favorable column!

My favorite smell is the Monorail. It smells like a horse stable, but for some reason it just tells me I'm at Disney!

plaz10

Soarin' smells
Disney water
Haunted Mansion queue
Disney buses - not when filled with sweaty people but in the morning when they're cold and no one has been on them yet. I've found I can duplicate this scent if I use Tide Mountain Spring detergent on the hot cycle. At least to me anyway...
Rome burning in SSE
Pie smell of Mickey's Philharmagic

Not that these smells are AMAZING or anything but they transport me back to Disney and that is amazing.

tracyandalex

I work at a university and I used to work in the football stadium (yes we have random regular offices there for some reason) and on game weekends they would pop popcorn by the quadruple giant red see through trash bag full. The smell upon entering the stadium on those Fridays always reminded me of the smell upon entering MK. Sadly my office is no longer at the stadium and I really do miss the smell envoked memories!
My other favorite smells are Rome burning, Poly lobby, POTC, pie in Philharmagic, and my new favorite YC lobby.

wiigirl

Oranges....Burning Rome....Ahh...
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom