The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

Surferboy567

Original Poster
This is the first video I've seen that seems to "prove" the pieces are metal. I have not seen them in person, but I'd say from the video they sound more like metal than they look ;)

If we needed more verification on the quality of the sabers here’s another video:

(Skip to 10:24)

Sets:
Peace & Justice
Power & Control

The one thing that I found weird, normally people when building the sabers stick to the normal Jedi or sith weapons those being peace and justice, and power and control. For me, those are kinda boring every known Jedi, or Sith has a style resembling those this is my custom saber. If I wanted a legacy saber (which I do) I wouldn’t be at Savi’s. Elemental and Protection interest me the most.

*Side note: Person in the video doesn’t know much about Star Wars in terms of sabers.

Last edited:

drod1985

Another great summary of the experience - this one is a bit more detailed. Source: u/fantasticox on reddit.

TL;dr: you pay $215 for a show, to build a fairly heavy metal lightsaber, a saber holder for your back and an interchangeable battle ready blade,

The in depth: The experience is likely going to get changed up, because operationally it was a nightmare, but it was magical. I’ll explain. It’s not obvious where it is, it’s meant to be hidden and I accidentally walked into it on my way to find legacy savers. The cast around there are trying to keep everything “secret” but they throw hints.

Part 1: waiting in line to pay. There are a few cast with goggles and leather vests and in front giving hints as to what is to come. They lead you to the line, which took conservatively 30 minutes. This is just the line to pay. Once you pay you choose a “path”. They show you some of the pieces available but you choose one of four paths, and you get a Disney trading limited release pin. The cost for cast (and presumably Annual passholders) was about $190c regular cost is more like $215 with tax. You can also buy extras like a warranty or a nicer saber holder.

Part 2: After you pay you’re given a color coded card and asked to place to limited edition pin in your lapel. This tells the workshop cast what path you’re building. You’re asked to wait by a tree until they call you color card. Note: they said there were no refunds. You had to wait for your card to be called, and if you missed it, you missed out. There is no way this won’t be changed later.

Part 3: you’re called or wait in a line to be placed in the waiting area. This is liger just a line outside of the waiting area, and occasionally Stormtroopers or Kylo Ren came by to see what we were doing. You are asked to play dumb by the cast.

Part 4: the waiting pen. You wait in a little gated area with about 20 other people and their guests. We were told we could have one or two guests come along to watch. Then comes the actual build. You’re ushered quickly into the build room and you’re given a show by one of Savi’s workers. They have to additional cast members helping out the main cast member. This is basically a show, wherein they discuss some of the history and lore of lightsabers and kyber crystals. They explain all of the Kyber crystals and give you a choice. It’s cool because they keep the kyber crystals in a radioactive labeled chamber in the back that’s constantly smoking or flashing, it was cute. You only get 4 choices: Red, Blue, Green, Purple. There are more, but you buy them in blind boxes. I can explain that later if anyone wants to know (this includes white, yellow and a technically black one) The crystal actually has a censor which changes the blades colors. I choose violet. Then you are given a set of pieces which come from the path you choose. Then they express the urgency, you need to build fast because the first order could show up at any point. So the three cast members lead everyone in a very intense building session and at the end, you place them inside this station that was at your right the entire time and all together you ignite the blades. I saw a lot of people crying in the room when that happened, it was super cool.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Another great summary of the experience - this one is a bit more detailed. Source: u/fantasticox on reddit.

TL;dr: you pay $215 for a show, to build a fairly heavy metal lightsaber, a saber holder for your back and an interchangeable battle ready blade,

The in depth: The experience is likely going to get changed up, because operationally it was a nightmare, but it was magical. I’ll explain. It’s not obvious where it is, it’s meant to be hidden and I accidentally walked into it on my way to find legacy savers. The cast around there are trying to keep everything “secret” but they throw hints.

Part 1: waiting in line to pay. There are a few cast with goggles and leather vests and in front giving hints as to what is to come. They lead you to the line, which took conservatively 30 minutes. This is just the line to pay. Once you pay you choose a “path”. They show you some of the pieces available but you choose one of four paths, and you get a Disney trading limited release pin. The cost for cast (and presumably Annual passholders) was about $190c regular cost is more like $215 with tax. You can also buy extras like a warranty or a nicer saber holder.

Part 2: After you pay you’re given a color coded card and asked to place to limited edition pin in your lapel. This tells the workshop cast what path you’re building. You’re asked to wait by a tree until they call you color card. Note: they said there were no refunds. You had to wait for your card to be called, and if you missed it, you missed out. There is no way this won’t be changed later.

Part 3: you’re called or wait in a line to be placed in the waiting area. This is liger just a line outside of the waiting area, and occasionally Stormtroopers or Kylo Ren came by to see what we were doing. You are asked to play dumb by the cast.

Part 4: the waiting pen. You wait in a little gated area with about 20 other people and their guests. We were told we could have one or two guests come along to watch. Then comes the actual build. You’re ushered quickly into the build room and you’re given a show by one of Savi’s workers. They have to additional cast members helping out the main cast member. This is basically a show, wherein they discuss some of the history and lore of lightsabers and kyber crystals. They explain all of the Kyber crystals and give you a choice. It’s cool because they keep the kyber crystals in a radioactive labeled chamber in the back that’s constantly smoking or flashing, it was cute. You only get 4 choices: Red, Blue, Green, Purple. There are more, but you buy them in blind boxes. I can explain that later if anyone wants to know (this includes white, yellow and a technically black one) The crystal actually has a censor which changes the blades colors. I choose violet. Then you are given a set of pieces which come from the path you choose. Then they express the urgency, you need to build fast because the first order could show up at any point. So the three cast members lead everyone in a very intense building session and at the end, you place them inside this station that was at your right the entire time and all together you ignite the blades. I saw a lot of people crying in the room when that happened, it was super cool.

That sounds super promising!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Found this on reddit apparently the markings “glyphs” whatever you want to call them on the Protection & Defense sabers. Match the sacred Jedi texts from the Last Jedi. That’s a cool detail!

Attachments

• 7FCD723C-F7A5-4CC1-B983-77DDC012A019.jpeg
    7FCD723C-F7A5-4CC1-B983-77DDC012A019.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 340

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Black Kyber crystals confirmed! They light up red, but you can score a black crystal randomly in the red packages.

4sSb39L.jpg

That’s a cool addition with my luck, it will take forever for me to get one though...happy to see the variety wish it turned black like the dark saber but it’s still cool.

Mad Stitch

I'm wondering how flying home with one of these will work. Seeing Peter Mayhew had a problem with the TSA that time. It is longer then the dimensions airlines allow for a carry-on. I wouldn't want to check this item. Has anyone flown home with one yet?

RSoxNo1

For at least the short term, this is going to have to be reservation only, perhaps even like Bibbiddi Boppidi Boutique.

lunchbox1175

That’s a cool addition with my luck, it will take forever for me to get one though...happy to see the variety wish it turned black like the dark saber but it’s still cool.
I've heard that they only put out 5 of the black ones per day, but that you can tell which ones are the black ones by putting your phone flashlight up to the container if there is a red one in it, it will be apparent, and if its a black one the light won't come thru as well.

jt04

Black Kyber crystals confirmed! They light up red, but you can score a black crystal randomly in the red packages.

4sSb39L.jpg

I'd love to see it be that if you collect enough credits on the app over time you get a code to purchase or win such rare items. If you can find the right person to scan the code of course.

bauton

So with the 4 different types of sabers, do you have to wait for 14 people wanting the same type before you go in? Or do all 14 people make different sabers? Why? My 2 sons and myself all want to build a different type, and would prefer to all be in the room together.
Thanks

Bleed0range

In the old Star Wars Galaxies MMO, it you were a Jedi when the game first came out and you showed your saber in public, it automatically marked you for bounty hunters. This was back when you first had to discover a secret path to unlock Jedi.

It would be cool if you wear a saber where it can be openly seen, if it could trigger “bounty hunters” looking for Jedi or just a crowd of people from Batuu who are surprised to see one.

rumcat

Anyone know if there are multiple rooms for Savi’s Workshop, like a character meet and greet or Ollivanders at Diagon Alley, or if it’s just one room? When on the hour are appointments made in Disneyland?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Anyone know if there are multiple rooms for Savi’s Workshop, like a character meet and greet or Ollivanders at Diagon Alley, or if it’s just one room? When on the hour are appointments made in Disneyland?

At least according to my understanding it’s one room. No telling on wdw I’d imagine it would be the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom