The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

drod1985

The stands featured in the first publicity photos of Savi sabers can be purchased at Dok Ondar's for $24.99. It's not the same as the stands in Savi's workshop.

RSoxNo1

Apparently there are 120K different combinations of Lightsabers that can be built at Savi's Workshop and nearly 280K different combinations of droids that can be built at Droid Depot.

drod1985

Apparently there are 120K different combinations of Lightsabers that can be built at Savi's Workshop and nearly 280K different combinations of droids that can be built at Droid Depot.

Whoever gave you those numbers is very bad at math.

Here’s the breakdown of choices by path.

Pick 2 of 4 Sleeves in 2 Positions = 12 combinations
Emitters = 2
Activators = 2
Pommels = 2

12x2x2x2 = 96 combinations (not including crystal color)

96 combinations x 4 paths x 4 kyber crystal colors = 1,536 potential combinations. But discounting color that’s really only 384 unique hilt designs.

I’m not counting the droid parts right now to do the math, but it’s definitely far less than 280k.

Edit: I did the math.

BB Units: 2 motivators x 9 shells x 10 heads = 180 combinations. But the motivators are internal, so when we're talking a completed droid there are 90 combinations.

R Units: 4 bodies x 4 legs x 17 heads = 272 combinations not including swapping the third leg color or snap on customizations that happen at the assembly table (colored arms and side leg pieces).

So in total that's 362 basic droid combinations. Slightly higher if you include those accessories I mentioned.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Whoever gave you those numbers is very bad at math.

Here’s the breakdown of choices by path.

Pick 2 of 4 Sleeves in 2 Positions = 12 combinations
Emitters = 2
Activators = 2
Pommels = 2

12x2x2x2 = 96 combinations (not including crystal color)

96 combinations x 4 paths x 4 kyber crystal colors = 1,536 potential combinations. But discounting color that’s really only 384 unique hilt designs.

I’m not counting the droid parts right now to do the math, but it’s definitely far less than 280k.
Source is a Disneyland press release: https://disneylandnews.com/2019/05/29/star-wars-galaxys-edge-fun-facts/

drod1985

That's hilarious. But they do specifically say "using all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop" - That's the only way you could get anywhere near that number of lightsaber combinations - if you cross pollinated the paths. But they don't allow that in Savi's and it doesn't necessarily look proper when done after the fact. And if you do consider each path's individual component and all 4 Savi crystal colors as an option you still only have 98,304 combinations. If you add the 2 extra Kyber options from Dok's you end up at 147,456 combinations.

Droids - I'm baffled at how they got to that number. They're probably including all the additional accessories you can buy like drink tray tables and leg jets.

Last edited:

Darth Snips

BB Units: 2 motivators x 9 shells x 10 heads = 180 combinations. But the motivators are internal, so when we're talking a completed droid there are 90 combinations.
Are there really 2 different motivators? I thought that was just their cutesy nickname for the electronics inside the BB's body.

rsm

If you count the ability to use some of multiple decal sets on a single R series you end up with millions of combinations.

Janir

That’s a cool addition with my luck, it will take forever for me to get one though...happy to see the variety wish it turned black like the dark saber but it’s still cool.
Theres a video floating around on how to check if the red container has a black crystal in it. Spoils the fun of a random black, but its easy enough to do if the CM doesn't catch you lighting up every container looking for a Black crystal.

Janir

In the old Star Wars Galaxies MMO, it you were a Jedi when the game first came out and you showed your saber in public, it automatically marked you for bounty hunters. This was back when you first had to discover a secret path to unlock Jedi.

It would be cool if you wear a saber where it can be openly seen, if it could trigger “bounty hunters” looking for Jedi or just a crowd of people from Batuu who are surprised to see one.
LOL! I'd take that bounty. :D

Furiated

Where did you get that info form? Not saying your wrong at all, I just want to verify that you can't cross pollinate saber parts once you pick a "path".

Everything I've seen indicates that you get just the one tray of parts from the path you chose. I guess if you paid for 2 sabers then you could choose different paths and mix them together. But I don't think there's currently a way to mix paths when building 1 saber.

drod1985

Where did you get that info form? Not saying your wrong at all, I just want to verify that you can't cross pollinate saber parts once you pick a "path".

It’s the documented process you can see it any of the YouTube reviews of the experience. During purchase you pick one of four paths. The tray you get to build your saber features parts exclusive to that one path. You can not mix paths during the experience. The parts are still compatible tho, so you could theoretically mix paths after purchase, but they all have different finishes that don’t necessarily match.

I am Timmy

Why are they running out of everything?! Just saw another post where someone wanted to buy Kyber crystals and the only ones in stock are blue? Especially when we keep reading how "not crowded" the land is. Disney couldn't stock enough for for the low crowds we're seeing?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They are running out because people are buying multiple crystals at once, Disney was probably expecting people to go in and maybe pick up 1 or 2 but from what i have heard people are just grabbing one of every colour available so stocks are not able to keep up with the current demand.

drod1985

White and Yellow Kyber crystals sold out a few weeks ago. The rest of them sold out in the final days of the reservation period.

Now the only way to get Kyber crystals outside of Savi's is to buy a Holocron - then you get the option to purchase either a blue or red crystal sans packaging.

drod1985

Well? Let’s see those sabers! Here’s mine:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom