• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

plutofan15

Advertisement
Still have to make reservations. Have you seen how quickly fast pass+ and dining reservations sell out?
Good luck with that.
You certainly are complaining a lot about something that nobody has fully experienced as of yet. Curious as to what your solutions are to the problems you perceive.

Complaining without offering a solution is whining.

plutofan15

Pointing out issues that are bound to arise based on decades of past experience with Disney is anticipating.

I know, how dare I criticize Disney because they do everything perfectly right?
Just like every other company, Disney does make mistakes. Still waiting on your solutions to the issues your crystal ball has told will arise.

Mr Incredible

I highly doubt parents are going to be signing their kids up to make a $200 light saber (yes, some will, but relatively few), so I would consider this an adults-only activity.
And there are a LOT more adults than there are kids. It's going to be very difficult to make a reservation especially early on.

Movielover

Yet they have limited space to where they can build additional rooms.
And having too many people flocking into a "secret" jedi saber store kills the illusion of the "Immersive" secret store.

Feel better now?
Never better, especially because you still haven't given any constructive thoughts or ideas on how the situation could be improved, just more complaints. Although at least these have a bit more merit than your earlier baseless ones! :happy:

doctornick

For $200, this isn't going to draw that many people (in the grand scheme of total park goers). I mean, it will be unbelievable swamped at first, of course, as the die hards come in and there is strong demand and so all the reservation times come up. But long terms, with "ordinary" theme park guests, that price tag is going to greatly limit the interest. A lot of people will be fine with cheaper/pre-made sabers.

drod1985

The price of the legacy sabers was a pleasant surprise. I'll likely opt for 1-2 of those as opposed to a single Savi saber.

_bluebird

Just going to drop an interesting tib-bit that I overheard from one of the CMs at the preview last night. So, at Dok-Ondar's they sell the different kyber crystals, right? Well, apparently, if you buy a red one there's a very small chance that you'll get a black kyber crystal instead. It's a sort of secret color.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Just going to drop an interesting tib-bit that I overheard from one of the CMs at the preview last night. So, at Dok-Ondar's they sell the different kyber crystals, right? Well, apparently, if you buy a red one there's a very small chance that you'll get a black kyber crystal instead. It's a sort of secret color.
Now THAT is interesting...potential darksaber?

I am Timmy

I think both my boys will be wanting to build a saber. Not sure what color kyber crystal they will want, but I hope more people report back on this! As for reservations for build-a-saber, if Disney sets this up at HS I will be stalking the system until I get them - just like I do for dining and FP. I always get what I want, thanks to all the best people on these threads and their great tips!

Movielover

WE HAVE VIDEO OF THE SABER! It’s everything I wanted it to be, theirs a neat effect with the crystal I won’t spoil.

Set:
Power and Control

*You also get the pin
This is awesome! The whole crystal element is much more in depth than the sabers from Ultrasaber or The Saberforge, in which those lack this feature. Looking forward to building my own in the park!

durangojim

This is awesome! The whole crystal element is much more in depth than the sabers from Ultrasaber or The Saberforge, in which those lack this feature. Looking forward to building my own in the park!
I think this looks pretty great. I'm extremely excited to go on the Millenium Falcon, but my 13 year old son is more excited to build a saber. Hopefully we'll both get our wishes when we're there in August.

I am Timmy

Whoa! We are so getting light sabers!!!! How can you get all 4 colors? Can you buy them separately (not sure how many come with a build)?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Whoa! We are so getting light sabers!!!! How can you get all 4 colors? Can you buy them separately (not sure how many come with a build)?
They way it works kyber crystals come into 6 or 7 different crystals with distinct colors which power the saber and determine blade color they are:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) White
5.) Yellow
6.) Violet

When you build at Savi’s you pick ONE of the following:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) Violet

For the other colors of they can be found at Doc Ondar’s when you place them inside a holocron or lightsaber the blade or holocron will turn to that appropriate color

5.) Yellow
6.) White

*Take this with a grain of salt, as I cannot confirm it some person on this forum has claimed that they overheard some cast members saying of you bought a Red crystal from Doc Ondar (all colors can be bought there) you may have a small chance of getting a rare color BLACK. Again, I cannot confirm but it’s definitely worth mentioning.

I am Timmy

They way it works kyber crystals come into 6 or 7 different crystals with distinct colors which power the saber and determine blade color they are:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) White
5.) Yellow
6.) Violet

When you build at Savi’s you pick ONE of the following:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) Violet

For the other colors of they can be found at Doc Ondar’s when you place them inside a holocron or lightsaber the blade or holocron will turn to that appropriate color

5.) Yellow
6.) White

*Take this with a grain of salt, as I cannot confirm it some person on this forum has claimed that they overheard some cast members saying of you bought a Red crystal from Doc Ondar (all colors can be bought there) you may have a small chance of getting a rare color BLACK. Again, I cannot confirm but it’s definitely worth mentioning.
Can the crystals be bought separately? I've seen the video where someone had 4 colors, I'm wondering if they bought 4 sabers or maybe just borrowed some. Any idea of cost if you can buy them?

Top Bottom