The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Just going to drop an interesting tib-bit that I overheard from one of the CMs at the preview last night. So, at Dok-Ondar's they sell the different kyber crystals, right? Well, apparently, if you buy a red one there's a very small chance that you'll get a black kyber crystal instead. It's a sort of secret color.

Now THAT is interesting...potential darksaber?

I am Timmy

I think both my boys will be wanting to build a saber. Not sure what color kyber crystal they will want, but I hope more people report back on this! As for reservations for build-a-saber, if Disney sets this up at HS I will be stalking the system until I get them - just like I do for dining and FP. I always get what I want, thanks to all the best people on these threads and their great tips!

Movielover

WE HAVE VIDEO OF THE SABER! It’s everything I wanted it to be, theirs a neat effect with the crystal I won’t spoil.

Set:
Power and Control

*You also get the pin

This is awesome! The whole crystal element is much more in depth than the sabers from Ultrasaber or The Saberforge, in which those lack this feature. Looking forward to building my own in the park!

durangojim

This is awesome! The whole crystal element is much more in depth than the sabers from Ultrasaber or The Saberforge, in which those lack this feature. Looking forward to building my own in the park!
I think this looks pretty great. I'm extremely excited to go on the Millenium Falcon, but my 13 year old son is more excited to build a saber. Hopefully we'll both get our wishes when we're there in August.

I am Timmy

Whoa! We are so getting light sabers!!!! How can you get all 4 colors? Can you buy them separately (not sure how many come with a build)?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Whoa! We are so getting light sabers!!!! How can you get all 4 colors? Can you buy them separately (not sure how many come with a build)?

They way it works kyber crystals come into 6 or 7 different crystals with distinct colors which power the saber and determine blade color they are:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) White
5.) Yellow
6.) Violet

When you build at Savi’s you pick ONE of the following:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) Violet

For the other colors of they can be found at Doc Ondar’s when you place them inside a holocron or lightsaber the blade or holocron will turn to that appropriate color

5.) Yellow
6.) White

*Take this with a grain of salt, as I cannot confirm it some person on this forum has claimed that they overheard some cast members saying of you bought a Red crystal from Doc Ondar (all colors can be bought there) you may have a small chance of getting a rare color BLACK. Again, I cannot confirm but it’s definitely worth mentioning.

I am Timmy

They way it works kyber crystals come into 6 or 7 different crystals with distinct colors which power the saber and determine blade color they are:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) White
5.) Yellow
6.) Violet

When you build at Savi’s you pick ONE of the following:

1.) Blue
2.) Red
3.) Green
4.) Violet

For the other colors of they can be found at Doc Ondar’s when you place them inside a holocron or lightsaber the blade or holocron will turn to that appropriate color

5.) Yellow
6.) White

*Take this with a grain of salt, as I cannot confirm it some person on this forum has claimed that they overheard some cast members saying of you bought a Red crystal from Doc Ondar (all colors can be bought there) you may have a small chance of getting a rare color BLACK. Again, I cannot confirm but it’s definitely worth mentioning.
Can the crystals be bought separately? I've seen the video where someone had 4 colors, I'm wondering if they bought 4 sabers or maybe just borrowed some. Any idea of cost if you can buy them?

PorterRedkey

What I meant is 14 at a time is TOO MANY people when you are building a $160 Lightsabers. For $160 I would rather have a more intimate, more special experience..
I think 14 people per session in a land full of 10000 people pretty intimate.
$200 is ridiculous to pay, but it would be foolish for Disney to charge less when people are already lining 3 hours to fork over their cash for one.

Are the legacy hilts of slightly better build quality than the custom ones?

I’ll be honest, it’s Luke’s hilt that I want, more than building my own. But then I really want to experience the workshop. Can I justify buying two? Hmmmm.

I think I read somewhere that the legacy blades are slightly different to the workshop blades?

drod1985

@wildphantom the blades are interchangeable.

I haven’t held both, but the Savi sabers are diecast metal and thus will be heavier because the parts are thicker. The legacy sabers, if they’re on par with the 3 they’ve previously released, will likely look and feel more premium.

If you only bought the Like hilt you’d have to pay $50 for a blade anyway (if you want it). Since the blades are interchangeable you can do the Savi experience and just buy the Luke ROTJ hilt. Then boom - you’ve got two sabers with an interchangeable blade.

Chet Dakota

Anxious to see/hear who this is going to work at WDW regarding advance or in-park/day of reservations. Will be there Sept 27-30 and definitely would like to build a Savi saber.

matt9112

I highly doubt parents are going to be signing their kids up to make a $200 light saber (yes, some will, but relatively few), so I would consider this an adults-only activity.

you know how much the vacation packages cost right? all the familys in all those rooms? what the heck is 200 dollars? crumbs?

rsm

This is the first video I've seen that seems to "prove" the pieces are metal. I have not seen them in person, but I'd say from the video they sound more like metal than they look ;)

Darth Snips

This may seem like a strange question, but what’s the power source? Every lightsaber I’ve ever seen uses AA or AAA batteries. I haven’t seen anyone mention what these run on, and there is no obvious battery pack. I sure hope that it does have replaceable/rechargeable batteries.

rsm

The custom droids surprisingly use AA and not rechargable - I imagine these are the same. Seems like a missed opprtunity - they could've had lightsaber/droid recharging stations throughout the land.

Actually on second thought that'd be a disaster with people just charging their phones. Maybe they should've been Fuelrod powered?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
The custom droids surprisingly use AA and not rechargable - I imagine these are the same. Seems like a missed opprtunity - they could've had lightsaber/droid recharging stations throughout the land.

Actually on second thought that'd be a disaster with people just charging their phones. Maybe they should've been Fuelrod powered?

I loved that part in episode 3 when Yoda pulled out a fuel rod against Palaptine. (Sarcasm)

In all seriousness, I think the canon has an explanation about lightsaber “charging”. I really need more video to dissect the sabers, I also really want to see a POV of the Savi experience.

...think I’m going to switch my original choice and go elemental first, protections and defense second. Getting super excited! We are so close!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom