Trip Report The Return of Random Day

When: May 8th through the 15th
Who: me - Don (no to be confused with that Donald or the other Donald either) an DW - Diana
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter

We live in Minnesota but are AP holders and fly down two to three times per year. We were supposed to go in February for the Princess run, but I had to cancel because of a work trip and DW went with our youngest DS and his girlfriend and ran without me. Full disclosure - would have loved the trip. Not as much the run. Lol.

This trip will be all about us and not the three boys. In a couple of years we’ll all come together as we had a new addition to our family with our first Grand daughter at the end of the year.

We’ll be doing some new things this trip that we haven’t done before and some old as well, which brings us to “Random Day”. We started this tradition a couple of years ago on our first no kids trip. We set one day of our week with no ADRs or FPS. We wake up when we feel like it, have our coffe and stroll out to the resort bus stop and get on the first one that shows up. We go wherever it takes us and do two things there, we then go back out and get on whatever the first mode of transportation shows up and explore where it drops us off. We then continue the routine for the rest of the day, be it parks, resorts, or anything else. Completely random and luck of the draw.

That being said, here are our plans:

Day 1: MK
FP- POTC - because it’s always the first ride of every trip
FP - BTMR
ADR - lunch at the Diamond Horseshoe (we’ve never done this one and they now serve beer, so roll the dice)
FP - SDMT
Then back to FQ for some R&R
Back to MK for After Hours event and we’ll see how many rides we can get on and if we can stay up as late as we think we can.

Day 2: AK
FP - Safari
FP - Everest
Lunch ?
FP - FOP

Day 3: HS
FP - TSM
FP - Rockin Rollercoaster
Back to FQ for some quality down time
Evening we are headed to Epcot to see what may be our last Illuminations and what better way than by doing something we’ve never done before, the Frozen Desert Party!

Day 4: Mothers Day Epcot
FP - Soarin
FP - the Vegetable Ride
Lunch at several places around the world and a special stop to get my Beverly on!
Back to the pool for the afternoon
A special ADR for the Mom at Boatwrights (also a first)

Day 5: RANDOM DAY!

Day 6: AK
FP - FOP
Lunch at Sanaa

Day 7: check out and head to AK for one last FP at FOP and whatever else we feel like

Since this will be my inaugural trip report, I can only hope you can cut me a little slack as I stumble through this. Enjoy.

NothatDonald

Original Poster
We went to Morocco for some more of the fried cauliflower and found a really nice spot to watch the fireworks again.
3694CB77-B32F-413C-85F0-2EBDC7F6F993.jpeg

NothatDonald

Original Poster
After her purchase we were off to Sanaa and just when we got on the bus, the sky opened up and it started to pour! Timing truly is everything. We got there early and spent some time checking out the resort (from the inside since it was still storming). We got the text our table was ready and we’re lucky enough to get seated next to the window. The only problem was that there were no animals out due to the rain.
CBB74DD9-0E0A-4BFA-A2B9-C0EAD3014403.jpeg
EB42E9C2-BC4D-49A8-8187-74A730B0E7C3.jpeg
7F679C70-8C93-454E-AF53-2B2F7007CE9C.jpeg
569B3D59-A1D4-4E41-A30E-E33063E7CA24.jpeg

NothatDonald

Original Poster
We caught a lift to POFQ ato drop off DWs purchases, yes plural, and hopped on the bus to MK to try to finish up our Pirates treasure quests. The park was packed and with every clue we felt like salmon trying to swim upstream. The clock was ticking and the station where you pick up the maps was only going to stay open for a few more minutes when we picked up our final map. Would we we make it and find all of Jack’s treasure?

NothatDonald

Original Poster
We got all of the treasure maps, two full sets of pirate trading cards, and six fast passes for POTC along the way. Oh yea and we rewarded ourselves with a Peter Pan float before heading out of the park to catch a bus to Hollywood Studios. For our final fast passes - frozen ever after and star tours. We grabbed a picnic table near the Chinese Theatre to watch the new anniversary show and the Star Wars show before heading out to call day 6 a wrap. Tomorrow we board the DME for the airport at 3:00, but we’ll still try to get in a park or two before we have to go.
E33833F1-8320-4B79-90AC-235605B1AA9B.jpeg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
After her purchase we were off to Sanaa and just when we got on the bus, the sky opened up and it started to pour! Timing truly is everything. We got there early and spent some time checking out the resort (from the inside since it was still storming). We got the text our table was ready and we’re lucky enough to get seated next to the window. The only problem was that there were no animals out due to the rain.
View attachment 372450View attachment 372451View attachment 372452View attachment 372453

Food at Sanaa looks delicious, we have never dined there because Frank doesn't like curry :rolleyes:😄
But, we both enjoy spicy savory dishes! Is it as good as it looks in your pictures?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom